from Furry Friends Foundation in Chicago

Postby Marinepits » August 25th, 2006, 2:43 pm

Dear Furry Friends Foundation Supporter,

It is with great regret that we inform you that the FFF Board of Trustees has decided to close Furry Friends Foundation. We are making a huge push to adopt out our remaining animals as quickly as possible, while sticking, of course, to our strict placement policies to ensure the best placement. If you have been thinking seriously of adopting, NOW IS THE TIME! Please forward this to your friends, family and colleagues. We currently have 20 dogs either at the shelter or in foster care that need placement. Additionally, we have about 85 cats or kittens as well, and a handful of guinea pigs. Please check out our website at http://www.furryfriendsfoundation.com to read about our available animals, and complete a Guardianship Application ASAP if you are interested! Our goal is to have all of our animals adopted by OCTOBER 15TH.

If you have adopted from us in the past, we would like to request that you change your microchip information on your pet. If you adopted prior to 2006, you can call AVID and request a change in the chip registration (currently set up to Furry Friends Foundation). The website for AVID is http://www.avidmicrochip.com, and the telephone number is 800-336-2843. You will need the chip number, which you can get from your vet if you have your pet scanned there. If you adopted after 2006, please email and let us know. We will need to take care of making the changes for you.

Please note that we will still be participating in the following events. The proceeds will go towards placing and caring for our remaining animals:

*Angels with Tails (August 27) 12-5pm – Armitage Avenue between Sheffield and Halsted. We will have dogs and cats available to meet! Please stop by!

*2nd Annual Rummage Sale (August 26-27) 9-5pm - 2122 W. Shakespeare Ave, Chicago, IL. Come on out to support us, and do a little (or a lot) of shopping as well! If you have any items to donate to the sale, please contact k@ecogardens.com to arrange a drop off.

Thank you for your support over the years.

Sincerely,
The volunteers of Furry Friends Foundation

http://www.furryfriendsfoundation.com/
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Sue » August 25th, 2006, 2:56 pm

:shock: Does anyone know why?
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby Marinepits » August 25th, 2006, 3:35 pm

Not yet.....
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Sue » August 25th, 2006, 3:37 pm

Found this... one of the posters is a volunteer there.
http://forums.petfinder.com/viewtopic.p ... sc&start=0
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby a-bull » August 25th, 2006, 3:48 pm

The white guy they say is a shepherd/husky mix looks more to me like a pure White German Shepherd.

Was just on their site today. I'll send them an e-mail about him and see if they can help. :)

I'll let you know what I hear.
a-bull
I live here

Postby a-bull » August 25th, 2006, 3:51 pm

oooops, wait . . . where are they located? I'm not seeing that info.

The White German Shepherd rescue has contacts in each state, so I want to contact the correct one . . .
a-bull
I live here

Postby a-bull » August 25th, 2006, 3:55 pm

a-bull wrote:oooops, wait . . . where are they located? I'm not seeing that info.

The White German Shepherd rescue has contacts in each state, so I want to contact the correct one . . .

never mind---blonde moment---I just re-read the title of this thread . . . oiy, what's wrong with me?
a-bull
I live here

Postby chewbecca » August 25th, 2006, 8:29 pm

I got Ella from these guys and I usually keep in contact with the lady that "interviewed" me for Ella.
She hadn't mentioned anything about them closing.
We adopted Ella it'll be 3 weeks tomorrow. At that time they told us to keep her micro registered to them.
Weird.
chewbecca
Loyally Bully

Postby chewbecca » August 25th, 2006, 8:34 pm

And let me just say, this is really freakin' sad.
This is/was a GREAT shelter.
And I've eyed Noble. Mix or not, he's gorgeous.
That Spice vizsla/pit mix was the ONLY dog that Ella didn't get along with at the shelter.
They really are nice people, at least the 3 I dealt with were.
chewbecca
Loyally Bully

Return to Rescue