This time he bit a cop...

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby mnp13 » August 24th, 2006, 2:34 pm

Hi Eric, nice to meet you. Here, put this pink jacket on...

And a good time was had by all. (Sorry about the blurry pictures, I can't wait to get my new lens!!!!!)
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Marinepits » August 24th, 2006, 2:35 pm

Go, Connor! He looks GREAT!!!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby cheekymunkee » August 24th, 2006, 2:39 pm

Damn, Connor does not like pink does he? :)
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Jenn » August 24th, 2006, 2:59 pm

He's such a good looking guy. Definitely has a problem with pink, lol.
Jenn
undecided

Postby mnp13 » August 24th, 2006, 3:07 pm

JennKBM wrote:He's such a good looking guy. Definitely has a problem with pink, lol.

which guy are you talking about? :twisted:
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Jenn » August 24th, 2006, 3:25 pm

:hearNoEvil: that would be the dog
Though I'm sure Eric is a nice looking guy as well!
Jenn
undecided

Postby Malli » August 24th, 2006, 5:05 pm

I always forget about his nub... its kind of cute!

go Connor go!

thats one pile of ripped red muscle!

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby katiek0417 » August 24th, 2006, 6:19 pm

Connor is adorable!!! He doesn't like pink, though....not sure I blame him - I mean, with his flaming red hair and all....pink just isn't a good color for him...(Eric wasn't too bad himself)....where are the pics of Eric's puppy (was that the one that you were just telling me about?)
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby mnp13 » August 24th, 2006, 6:31 pm

We put the puppy away before I got the camera out :oops:

I guess we'll just have to train together again! :!:
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby JCleve86 » August 24th, 2006, 6:57 pm

mnp13 wrote:
JennKBM wrote:He's such a good looking guy. Definitely has a problem with pink, lol.

which guy are you talking about? :twisted:

lol...I was going to say Eric appears to be rather cute himself. :D

Conner looks like he's a fitter boy than the pics I remember last (they were a while back). He's handsome of course, either way...gotta love the rednoses.

(Side note...do you ever get funny looks from people walking by? lol...I can imagine the thoughts of less informed folks. :shock: I've even got a few questions when training Kya for weight pull.)
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby mnp13 » August 24th, 2006, 7:09 pm

Last summer we were training and ended up with a crowd of people watching and asking questions. I was still decoying at the time, and a number of people talked to me about it. there are pictures here somewhere, they are the ones with Demo catching the big Rottweilier with the tail. We haven't had any real trouble though.

Today there was a guy mowing the grass who was rather startled. lol

Even if someone calls the cops we're ok, because those two ARE the cops!

We did have the cops called on us when we were in Maryland last year working Connor infront of our hotel with Billy, one of the decoys from PSA Nationals (who also has a Pit Bull by the way). Two cars showed up because the call said we were fighting dogs... which was quite difficult to do with only one dog.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Magnolia618 » August 24th, 2006, 7:21 pm

Two cars showed up because the call said we were fighting dogs... which was quite difficult to do with only one dog.

:spit:
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby Purple » August 24th, 2006, 10:41 pm

Damn, that dog is ripped! He's looking good!
Purple
I live here

Postby katiek0417 » August 25th, 2006, 6:57 am

Magnolia618 wrote:
Two cars showed up because the call said we were fighting dogs... which was quite difficult to do with only one dog.

:spit:

People are moronic
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby DemoDick » August 25th, 2006, 2:15 pm

Conner looks like he's a fitter boy than the pics I remember last (they were a while back). He's handsome of course, either way...gotta love the rednoses.

For a while I was taking the advice of a trainer (and a few others) who told me he needed the extra body fat for "energy reserves". It didn't make sense to me then but I tried it for a while to see. End result? He lost almost all of his wind and was gassed after about two minutes of OB and bitework. Since then I've leaned him out and conditioned him the way I think a bulldog should be kept (roadwork, sprints, weight pull, etc.). He works a LOT longer now while maintaining focus and intensity. His stress level in the work is lower as well, as he's not fighting fatigue early on in the session. It's also better for the joints and soft tissues and will make for a longer working career.

Side note...do you ever get funny looks from people walking by?

I try to do bitework in "out of the way" places, and we definitely don't do civil or hidden sleeve stuff where the general public can see (it looks too real). Actually, most people are surprised at the control and focus instead of the biting. Being an LEO helps in case someone calls 911, of course.
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby JCleve86 » August 25th, 2006, 11:40 pm

If having extra "energy reserves" made for a good athlete I'd be in the Olympics. lol

I'm pretty sure I had AC called on me the first time I put a tire behind Kya. It was on a field off a fairly busy road...I didn't think much of it but half way into our session the AC van pulled up and parked...and left after about 10 to 15 minutes...I guess they realized I wasn't doing anything criminal...it DID creep me out though. Needless to say we too now train in a field thats way out of public view, even just for weight pull.
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » August 29th, 2006, 9:48 pm

Lookin' good! (both of them ;))

He seems like such an awesome dog and it sounds like you guys are really proud of him. :)
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby Jesseca » August 30th, 2006, 2:02 pm

Conner looks awesome!!!!
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby luvmyangels » August 30th, 2006, 2:08 pm

Great pics!! Connor is beautiful!!
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » August 30th, 2006, 2:33 pm

luvmyangels wrote:Great pics!! Connor is beautiful!!

Isn't he though?? I just love that dog
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Next

Return to Sports