Dog chews through wall!!!

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby mnp13 » August 23rd, 2006, 5:21 pm

Connor is the exact same way, any reflection gets his immediate and undivided attention. there is no distracting him from it.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby cheekymunkee » August 23rd, 2006, 5:24 pm

a-bull wrote::iloveyou: :thumbsup:

Is that what you mean??? :wink:

Yeah, that's it. :D
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby a-bull » August 23rd, 2006, 5:39 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:
a-bull wrote::iloveyou: :thumbsup:

Is that what you mean??? :wink:

Yeah, that's it. :D

awwww, I love you, too. :hug3:
a-bull
I live here

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 23rd, 2006, 7:22 pm

I live by Janine and Petey, and it actually is pretty funny to see - definitely helmet-worthy. However, he really is OCD about it. Literally any light at all that moves on the walls he goes after and tries to catch. Crazy dog. Cute though, and extremely well-behaved (and up for adoption!!!). :wink:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby a-bull » August 23rd, 2006, 9:30 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:I live by Janine and Petey, and it actually is pretty funny to see - definitely helmet-worthy. However, he really is OCD about it. Literally any light at all that moves on the walls he goes after and tries to catch. Crazy dog. Cute though, and extremely well-behaved (and up for adoption!!!). :wink:

lol . . . "up for adoption," I bet. :wink:

Actually, he honestly sounds like a character. Some people, like myself, will only adopt "characters," so someone is definitely out there for him!! Good luck! :)
a-bull
I live here

Postby rockermom » August 24th, 2006, 8:30 am

My family sure got a kick out of Rocky chasing that red dot. trying to bite at it and spinning in complete circles. Rocky was already a tail chaser however If I tell him to stop he does. He also made a hole in the sheet rock not because of light but because a tiny little piece had gotten like scratched up. He found it and chewed a hole in seconds and any time he got to that area when I was not looking he made it deeper. Have not seen him do it in months though now he is going to do it today since I brought it up. Im sure someone will be ok with his ocd issue. I saw on his profile he needs a root canal, what is with his teeth? Is he in any pain?
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby Echosmom » August 24th, 2006, 9:42 am

I am glad we can all laugh at this, especially since this is my first post (imagine what I will have for everyone next time HMMM more crazy stories)!!!
He likes his crated but he still wigs out in his crate when the lights go by, crying, whimpering and circling in his crate. It is quite comical. I feel bad for the poor thing! He just needs to realize he will NEVER catch it no matter what he does.
We are working on leave it, that is probably the only command he doesn't know.
~~*Dogs cannot sin! that is a "privlege" exclusive only to humans. ~~*Your dog is the ONLY thing on earth that Loves YOU more than they love themselves! ~~*
Echosmom
Just Whelped

Postby Echosmom » August 24th, 2006, 10:01 am

I have removed everything I could possibly think of. Keys are in car, no watches etc. But how do i stop him from chasing the light ray when you open the refrigerator door? I swear he has super vision.
~~*Dogs cannot sin! that is a "privlege" exclusive only to humans. ~~*Your dog is the ONLY thing on earth that Loves YOU more than they love themselves! ~~*
Echosmom
Just Whelped

Postby a-bull » August 24th, 2006, 10:19 am

Echosmom wrote:I am glad we can all laugh at this, especially since this is my first post (imagine what I will have for everyone next time HMMM more crazy stories)!!!
He likes his crated but he still wigs out in his crate when the lights go by, crying, whimpering and circling in his crate. It is quite comical. I feel bad for the poor thing! He just needs to realize he will NEVER catch it no matter what he does.

"Leave it" is the best. Although it won't desensitize him to the twinkle lights, lol, it will hopefully teach him to ignore them . . . hopefully. :)

Is he in a platic crate so he can see less? If not, maybe throw a blanket over his crate so he can only see out the front??

Maybe he knows something we don't. Maybe it's Tinkerbell.
a-bull
I live here

Postby Echosmom » August 24th, 2006, 10:34 am

A-Bull, I love it, that may just be his new name tinkerbell. Pitbullmamaliz can tell you about all my nicknames, she finds them entertaining.
He is such a sweetheart. He means well I keep telling myself.

Rocekemom, his tooth does not cause him pain as far as I can tell. The only time it so-called bothers him is when the 2 of them play tug and my female is much stronger than him and will drag him around the room for a few and then he will release the rope. Never has cried with eating or his treats, he just digs right in. But I imagine it could be bothersome.

I also wanted to tell everyone I think your dogs are just absolutley gorgeous!!!! What Beauts!!!
Echosmom
Just Whelped

Postby Echosmom » August 24th, 2006, 11:22 am

a-bull wrote:
Echosmom wrote:I am glad we can all laugh at this, especially since this is my first post (imagine what I will have for everyone next time HMMM more crazy stories)!!!

"Leave it" is the best. Although it won't desensitize him to the twinkle lights, lol, it will hopefully teach him to ignore them . . . hopefully. :)

Is he in a platic crate so he can see less? If not, maybe throw a blanket over his crate so he can only see out the front??

It is a metal crate. I dont think it matters. If he can see the twinkle he is on it. He pants with his tongue inching out and then I know he is beginning his "cycle"

Maybe he knows something we don't. Maybe it's Tinkerbell.
Echosmom
Just Whelped

Previous

Return to Training & Behavior