Oklahoma now, please vote!

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby cheekymunkee » August 14th, 2006, 12:21 pm

http://www.channeloklahoma.com/news/967 ... &qs=1;bp=t

Metro Boy Recovering From Pit Bull Attack

POSTED: 9:55 am CDT August 14, 2006
UPDATED: 11:18 am CDT August 14, 2006

Email This Story | Print This Story

OKLAHOMA CITY -- An Oklahoma City boy is recovering after being attacked by a pit bull over the weekend, police said.

Discuss

According to officers, the boy was walking with his mother near Northwest 40th Street and Penn Avenue on Sunday morning, when the dog got loose.

Police said the dog bit the boy's arm before animal control officers could capture it.

The attack prompted state Rep. Paul Wesselhoft to offer legislation during the next session to pan pit bulls.

A similar measure failed last year; however, this time Wesselhoft said he could craft legislation that would let cities decide on banning the dogs, instead of a statewide ban.

"We need to give the authority back to the city councils and mayors because they're closer to the people," Wesselhoft said.

However, the legislation will be met with some opposition.

"If he thinks that dog bites are going to go away if you make pit bulls go away, he's sorely, sorely mistaken," said pit bull owner Molly Gibb.

Wesselhoft said he has heard from city leaders in Bartlesville and Tonkawa. He said that leaders there told him they were interested in pit bull bans.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Jenn » August 14th, 2006, 1:13 pm

Well I voted, but it's not looking good. 64% say they would be in support of the legislation. Only 36% said no..
Jenn
undecided

Postby bahamutt99 » August 14th, 2006, 1:23 pm

Weaselhoft is such a goon. The legislation he was trying to pass last year was exactly what he's trying to pass now. There is no difference. What a liar. I was there in the state capital when he was explaining how his bill was "not a pit bull ban," but would allow cities to regulate dogs by breed, size, jaw power, strength, etc.
~~~
[b]Lindsay
[i]& the [url=http://www.freewebs.com/bahamutt99/index.htm]Gravity Dogs[/url][/i][/b]
bahamutt99
Confident Young Bully

Postby 04100824 » August 15th, 2006, 11:26 am

52% would not be in support now!
Confident Young Bully

Postby Miakoda » August 17th, 2006, 2:27 pm

55% now!
Miakoda
Devoutly Bully

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL