new from PA

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby nikki h » August 13th, 2006, 10:20 pm

i have 2 PB's (one rescue, one from a breeder), a boxer/Cane Corso mix, and an akita. My name's Nikki.

I currently am a volunteer for the cane corso rescue, and try to help with various pit bull rescues whenever i can.

Im too lazy to get pics together now, but i will tomorrow, as i have a bit i can post. looking forward to reading more.
nikki h
Just Whelped

Postby sadowner » August 13th, 2006, 11:51 pm

:greenWave: Hello im from Philly
sadowner
Just Whelped

Postby nikki h » August 13th, 2006, 11:54 pm

hi! we're about 2 hours from philly. visit there every so often for friends who are in college there. :) i read about your boy's problems. :( have you had any progress? any ideas or help?
nikki h
Just Whelped

Postby sadowner » August 14th, 2006, 12:09 am

uhm, Theres a thread about it in the training section. You will get to read it all when they let you have full acess. It didnt work out too good. He ended up attacking me . It was scary as hell. His teeth were out chasing after me. It was like a different dog. :( Sadly he is at peace now.
Since then my icon pic is the only one i've been able to look at.
I miss him alot. Its like a huge part of my life is gone.

Now i find myself talking the breeder he came from and others trying to get answers. :? :cry:

It all happend so fast with him too. But everyone on here helped me weather they agreed with what i chose to do or not.

Im the end i just could not be around him much less my 100 lb wife or our 1 year old, it was beyond nipping or a fear bite. He was out of control .
sadowner
Just Whelped

Postby nikki h » August 14th, 2006, 12:15 am

im SO so sorry. its so much easier when you dont have a family to worry about, especially a defenseless child. i guess it's ultimately for the best. my last akita had serious aggression issues. none were placed on family, but anyone (animal or person) outside of it was the issue. ultimately its what did him in at 3 years old. i still miss him terribly.

again, im so sorry you had to make that tough choice. :(
nikki h
Just Whelped

Postby sadowner » August 14th, 2006, 12:23 am

Thanks
sadowner
Just Whelped

Postby Emi » August 14th, 2006, 4:02 am

:hello:
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 14th, 2006, 8:22 am

Welcome Nikki! :wave:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby nikki h » August 14th, 2006, 9:47 am

thank you! and hello back! :greenWave:
nikki h
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » August 14th, 2006, 9:52 am

Hi! Are these your first experience with the breed? how did you become interested in pit bulls?
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby nikki h » August 14th, 2006, 10:19 am

well, my family has owned akitas for 35 years. showed, bred, etc. my aunts first two champions are in the foundation books for the akitas here in the states. BSL affects akitas too, and when i found out people thought the dogs that raised me were vicious i was appalled. i had always liked pit bulls (well, amstaffs, bull terriers, etc) growing up in a show oriented home. i also then became into BSL, etc. I worked at a kennel where pits were trained and boarded for a year or two. we finally adopted Dinah. :) trust me...lol...owning a pit bull is a true walk in the park as opposed to an opposing, stubborn, pig-headed akita. I know pit bulls can be like that, but theyre so eager to work and please all the time. my akita has his own way of doing things...definitely.

Both breeds are typically dog and same sex aggressive. But, none of our dogs have those tendencies. we're lucky. but im very capable of managing it should it arrise. (our last two akitas had to be seperated, im used to a divided house) they're much more active than akitas though, which i also like. :) gives me something to do to burn off some extra calories.

I know i'll always have one of each breed around, and now after adopting our boxer/CC mix probably one of them too. (either breed) i'm very interested in possible getting them into weight-pull and the boxer into agility also.

I'd love to get all four CGC, TT, and perhaps TDI tested. but the one training facility we went to doesnt test/train pits apparently. i noticed a few people from my area/nearby so i wanted to know if they had any recommendations in that area maybe for me.

Thanks! (sorry for the ramble there)
nikki h
Just Whelped

Postby SisMorphine » August 14th, 2006, 10:48 am

Hello there and welcome :greenWave:

I have a pit bull/Akita mix . . . best of both worlds as far as I'm concerned!! I can't wait to see pictures of your babies.
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby PBT Staff » August 14th, 2006, 10:50 am

PBT Staff

Postby nikki h » August 14th, 2006, 10:53 am

awesome. have you posted pics? there was one for adoption at our local SPCA. if i didnt have 4 dogs already.....

Thanks for letting me in!
nikki h
Just Whelped

Postby SisMorphine » August 14th, 2006, 11:47 am

nikki h wrote:awesome. have you posted pics? there was one for adoption at our local SPCA. if i didnt have 4 dogs already.....

Thanks for letting me in!

http://www.pitbulltalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=4584

Wow, I just looked at the date and I can't believe I've already had him for over a month! He's gained 3+ pounds already . . . not fat, just still growing!

I really can't wait to see pics of your pups. Post 'em up!!!!
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby nikki h » August 14th, 2006, 12:19 pm

would it be okay if i posted them all in the main picture posting section? i mean, in some photos they're together, etc. lol. hes pretty! you can surely see his mix. actually, someone on the akita forum has a purebred akita that looks a lot like him. but she thinks he may have a smudge great dane, as hes HUGE! haha, lovely name also. ;)

hawk's (my akita) brother is brindle. here, ill post their dogster links, and then upload some photos in the photo area later. you can also see the cats...two of our past akitas, and cleo, my parents little terror from the SPCA who rules over tony (the brindle akita) at their house. :)

we purchased the boys to show, but they have 42 allergies a piece! we may still show tony for practice and for my mom to get back into the game, but who knows. they will be 3 in october. Athena (the red nose pittie) just turned 1 in may, dinah is guesstimated to be around 2 , 2 and a half (we adopted her in april of 05) and hoss is estimated to be about a year or a year and a half.

http://www.dogster.com/?172654
There's hawkie. from his page you can access all the others. and now, in a bit, i'll probably post some new photos that i havent added to dogster yet.
nikki h
Just Whelped

Return to Introductions