Puppies used as drug mules

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Marinepits » February 2nd, 2006, 12:33 am

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?secti ... id=3867769

Drug traffickers now using puppies to smuggle drugs

Eyewitness News
(New York-WABC, February 1, 2006) - Drug enforcement agents say they discovered a very new and disturbing method being used by some heroin traffickers.

Ten puppies, including Labrador retrievers, were rescued during a 2005 raid on a farm in Colombia, the DEA said while announcing recent arrests in the two-year investigation.
A New York veterinarian had stitched 14 packets containing about 3 kilograms of heroin -- worth roughly $200,000 wholesale -- into the bellies of six pups. Three of the doggies later died from infection after the drugs were removed.

The surviving dogs "are still alive and well, we're told," said John P. Gilbride, head of the DEA's New York office.

Colombian police said they adopted three dogs, one of which was being trained to sniff for drugs.

DEA investigators said they believe the drug ring, based in Medellin, Colombia, used the puppies and other methods to conceal millions of dollars in heroin on commercial flights into New York City for distribution throughout the East Coast.

It was unclear how many dogs were used in the scheme, nor did investigators know their fate once they arrived on U.S. soil.

Gilbride: "I think it's outrageous and heinous that they'd use small, innocent puppies in this way. ... It just demonstrates what lengths drugs dealers will go to get drugs into the country."

The puppy implants were the traffickers' inhumane take on the common practice of paying people to swallow dozens of drug-packed pellets made with condoms or latex glove fingers wrapped in tape. The couriers, called "swallowers," then take flights to U.S. cities, where they expel the drugs by going to the bathroom.

Authorities said swallowers -- who risk fatal overdoses if the pellets rupture in their stomachs -- also were part of the heroin operation. Drugs also were concealed in body creams and aerosol cans and were sewn into the linings of purses and luggage.

Colombia's national police gave a slightly different account of the investigation, describing two raids, with the second, on Wednesday, involving 20 arrests. They said they discovered a clandestine clinic where veterinarians had implanted six dogs with a total of 3 kilograms of heroin.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Marinepits » February 2nd, 2006, 12:33 am

Bastards. May they burn in hell. :fire:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby mnp13 » February 2nd, 2006, 12:54 am

that is just pure evil...
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Hoyden » February 2nd, 2006, 1:18 am

Oh, how I wish they would just let Mark and Steven have those son of a Birches.

People would think twice before hurting animal.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Emi » February 2nd, 2006, 1:52 am

:rant: :cry1: :box: :flameT: :grind: :biggun:
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Maryellen » February 2nd, 2006, 2:03 pm

i can think of some good torture for those people.... really good...... i would of course spend the rest of my life in prison.... think hot branding iron.... male reproductive organs.. think barbed hooks pulling ..... think skin being ripped open and bleach poured on certain areas of the body.. think the most unbearable pain and that is only half of what i would like to do..

god i would make a really good interrogater..... :chopper: :fire:
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Emi » February 2nd, 2006, 2:07 pm

Also MaryEllen remember what they use to do to the men in China who use to work at the Palace .. :evil: :twisted: :D
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Jesseca » February 2nd, 2006, 2:13 pm

:chop: unbelievable
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby CinderDee » February 2nd, 2006, 2:14 pm

Whoa! You go, ME! :stickDance:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby mnp13 » February 2nd, 2006, 2:48 pm

:shock:

Maryellen has a dark side that makes Darth Vader look like the Tooth Fairy!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Hoyden » February 2nd, 2006, 3:14 pm

mnp13 wrote::shock:

Maryellen has a dark side that makes Darth Vader look like the Tooth Fairy!

You know they had some wonderful torture devices in the medieval ages.
:chopper: Ones that make <<<------ that look tame!

I love historical re-enactment.

Let me have them :mask: :trollDance:
Last edited by Hoyden on February 2nd, 2006, 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Maryellen » February 2nd, 2006, 3:23 pm

thats what happens when you are cooped up at a desk all day... makes the mind wander and have evil thoughts for all the mean cruel people in the world..... i could think of other tortuous things to do to these people, but i dont want the guys here to never return.... :twisted:
Maryellen
I live here

Postby mnp13 » February 2nd, 2006, 4:18 pm

Hoyden wrote:You know they had some wonderful torture devices in the medieval ages.

Oh yeah, I've been to a number of museums in Europe, they all have at least one room devoted to torture. In Amsterdam (or maybe Rotterdam) they even have a torture museum.

When they decided that you were going to confess, they figured out ways to make you confess.

How did those people sleep at night?
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby cheekymunkee » February 2nd, 2006, 4:42 pm

I'm afraid of Maryellen & I'm afraid for Jamie! :o
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Maryellen » February 2nd, 2006, 4:47 pm

dont be afraid..... i would never do anyof that. i dont want to live in prison for the rest of my life, no matter how much enjoyment and satisfaction i would get out of twisting and burning the little tee tees.... my life out side prison walls is much more valuable.... now, tell me i wont be prosecuted and get immunity and i will be happy and glad to practice on some mean evil people who deserve to be punished and tortured.. :wink:
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Marinepits » February 2nd, 2006, 6:23 pm

I heard on the news this morning that three of the pups died while in surgery to remove the heroin packets, and one of the surviving pups has been adopted by a DEA agent.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pibblegrl » February 3rd, 2006, 3:24 pm

:mad2: Some 'humans' really disgust me.
Candi

God created idiots as an endless source of amusement for the rest of us!
pibblegrl
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Off-Topic