hello

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby sadowner » August 9th, 2006, 1:39 pm

I wish i joined this site sooner, maybe id have something good to talk about. But i have a problem and need some other apbt owners help.

We have a 13 mo old male apbt, he has lived with us since he was 6 weeks old. He has been a great dog up untill last month. Recently he has been trying to attack randon people while on a walk, anyone from some old lady to some teenage kid.

Recently he had a bone, i walked by him and he dropped his teeth and growled so deep the floor felt like it was shaking.

Recently he growled at my 1 year old son when my son picked up one of the dogs toys. He never growled at him before. Him and the baby used to play with the toys. The baby would pull on the end and the do would gently pull back.

I am very sad right now as the answer to my question seems obvious. :cry:

What would you do.?
sadowner
Just Whelped

Postby Jenn » August 9th, 2006, 1:44 pm

Welcome to the site, I hope you can get some help that your desperately seeking, sounds like you need it! Tell them a little about yourself, and I'm sure they will let you in. ;)
Jenn
undecided

Postby sadowner » August 9th, 2006, 1:50 pm

Well we are my 24 year old wife. Our 1 year old son and myself. We adopted this dog and his brother , his brother went to live with a friend of mine. That dog is great. doesnt show the problems we are having.

I just dont know what to do . Right now the dog is in the yard. When he growled at the baby i said to him in a low stern voice "what the hell are you doing"? , he didtnt look normal,.he just looked at me like he was pissed. :cry:
sadowner
Just Whelped

Postby sadowner » August 9th, 2006, 1:54 pm

BTW We are not new to the breed, several family members have apbt's as loving pets that all are very nice dogs.

I know apbt's should not show any human aggrssion, Ours shows alot.

Im just so worried. My wife isnt very big and my son is a baby.

Our dog is a very large dog, hes much bigger then his brother.

Everyone tells me to put him to sleep. :cry:

Its sad when you raise a dog as part of your family. From when he is so small he can sit in your hand, to when he is so big and muscular people look at him and say wow . Now look at what i have to think about.
sadowner
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » August 9th, 2006, 1:55 pm

I am going to go ahead & give you access to the board so you can post this in the Training Forum, hopefully some one will have some info for you there, not everyone looks at this section. Here's a link to the correct forum

http://www.pitbulltalk.com/viewforum.php?f=19

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby sadowner » August 9th, 2006, 1:57 pm

thankyou
sadowner
Just Whelped

Postby a-bull » August 9th, 2006, 3:48 pm

sadowner wrote:BTW We are not new to the breed, several family members have apbt's as loving pets that all are very nice dogs.

I know apbt's should not show any human aggrssion, Ours shows alot.

Im just so worried. My wife isnt very big and my son is a baby.

Our dog is a very large dog, hes much bigger then his brother.

Everyone tells me to put him to sleep. :cry:

Its sad when you raise a dog as part of your family. From when he is so small he can sit in your hand, to when he is so big and muscular people look at him and say wow . Now look at what i have to think about.

Hey, can you post some pictures of him? That might help.

Maybe he has some Mastiff or something in him---some guarding-type breed . . . which although that wouldn't help your current problem, it may explain some of the behavior which would maybe allow you to better work with it with some professional help.
a-bull
I live here

Postby sadowner » August 14th, 2006, 12:19 am

I have been talking to the breeder alot lately. I have seen his parents. Both look to be 100% apbt's. But

They are small.

My dog was very muscular.

He was larger then most pits.

But his brother ( His brother lives with a friend of mine) is smaller like the parents.

Also his brother is a great dog no problems like mine had.
:| I just dont get it.

Within a very short time he went from being the most loyal loving dog to a monster.

He used to play with the baby so gently. walk over to him and lick him. He'd try to sit on my lap.

Never any agressions at all . It all changed so fast and so extream.
I know some dogs have fear issues but trust me this was not fear. If i did not run into the house I KNOW i would not be typing right now and you'd be hearing another story on the news. :cry:
sadowner
Just Whelped

Postby a-bull » August 14th, 2006, 9:28 am

Maybe your dog had a different father from the rest of the litter---it happens. :|
a-bull
I live here

Postby nikki h » August 14th, 2006, 9:50 am

it sounds like his change was VERY sudden and out of the norm. (again i havent read the other thread yet, waiting for access and such) but did you have a vet look him over for any medical problems? sometimes such sudden on-set aggression can be caused by tumors or other medical issues.

and another father is very possible. it happens sometimes.

it's a sad situation for you guys.
nikki h
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » August 14th, 2006, 9:51 am

This section is for intro's only please. Thank you!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby a-bull » August 14th, 2006, 10:32 am

:oops:
a-bull
I live here

Return to Introductions