Greetings from Cincinnati. :D

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Richter » August 7th, 2006, 11:46 pm

Hello everyone! :D

My name's Mike, I was recently gifted a pitbull from a family who didn't have the funds to care for her in her current state.

I named her Baby, because she's adorable and... well.. a baby.

Apparently this 12 week old puppy was starved, beaten, and had severe parvo, in addition to dehydration.

I got her 5 days ago, when my vet said she would likely die today. (Monday)

Well I'm happy to say that she's making an excellent recovery, her parvo is practically cleared, I monitored her 24 hours a day by myself. (Not hard when she sleeps in your bed with you)

She's playful (she loves to run and jump, but she's sick so I don't let her do it often), she's smart as a whip (as I figured out when she opened my door to come in and lick me) and she's absolutely gorgeous.

Having owned a pitbull as a child, and foolishly raising it to fight, which ended up getting the poor animal killed, I am determined to be a productive member of pitbull society, and take full responsibility of my doggy. :D

Here are some pictures, for everyone who's interested:

And sorry for the bad quality, my phone camera sucks! :|
Richter
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby msvette2u » August 8th, 2006, 1:08 am

She is beautiful!! Way to go, taking care of her :)
Welcome to the forum!
msvette2u
I live here

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 8th, 2006, 7:55 am

Welcome, fellow Ohioan! :wave: Baby is beautiful! And I'm glad you've decided to raise this one properly. :wink:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Marinepits » August 8th, 2006, 8:38 am

Welcome and enjoy the forum! :)
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Richter » August 8th, 2006, 8:46 am

I have to change her name, Baby isn't a good name for my household, because I notice I call all of my dogs Baby. lol

EDIT - I've decided on Gracie, because I notice as she ran through the yard she gracefully fell every few feet and rolled around. (my yard has some minor holes lol)
Richter
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby cheekymunkee » August 8th, 2006, 11:14 am

She's a doll!!! Thank you for taking her on. How many pit bulls have you owned in the past? What got you interested in the breed?
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby mnp13 » August 8th, 2006, 11:16 am

Hello!

Is Gracie your only pet right now? How many other Pit Bulls have you had?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Richter » August 8th, 2006, 12:17 pm

I've had 1 other pit bull in the past, he was a beautiful blue pit, and contrary to what people say he was in no way rare, everyone had one. lol

As of now I have quite a few doggies, I'm kinda like a halfway house, but because of the legality of owning a bully in my area, I'll be keeping her with me permanently.

As for interest in the breed... never really had an interest in any one certain breed, I like them all. :P
Richter
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Marinepits » August 8th, 2006, 12:26 pm

What other breeds are in your "halfway house"?
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby KaylasMomJenn » August 8th, 2006, 4:36 pm

Yikes!
Did I misunderstand that you said you had raised your childhood dog to fight and ultimately killed?
KaylasMomJenn
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Jenn » August 8th, 2006, 4:42 pm

Hello and Welcome :)
Jenn
undecided

Postby Richter » August 8th, 2006, 7:58 pm

Marinepits wrote:What other breeds are in your "halfway house"?

Right now, I have a dalmation/pitbull who already has a home, a dalmation/tickhound who also has a home, my german shepherd, whom my mother is taking to Florida with her, and my chihuahua.

----

You may have misunderstood it, KaylasMomJenn, when I was young I lived in a rough part of town in St. Louis, and eventually NYC, where I raised my dog to fight, as it was quite common in both places.

I never actually fought the dog, and I don't recall ever wanting to, all I really remember wanting was a really mean dog.

Though he was a sweet dog to me and my family, he was mean to some guys who were walking down the street, he barked and jumped at the fence, typical dog stuff.

They returned that evening and shot the dog, and he laid in the yard until I returned the next morning and found him there.

EDIT - This was a pretty long time ago, I want to assure everyone that I do NOT fight dogs, nor do I condone it. It's disgusting and absolutely appauling that anyone would use a dog to fight their battles, be it for sport or profit.
Richter
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Richter » August 9th, 2006, 1:23 pm

It was brought to my attention that because I trained a dog to fight when I was a LITTLE BOY, that I'd be discriminated and disliked amongst the members of this board.

Moderator, please delete this thread, I'm no longer interested in comradery, or further supporting the public education of people and pit bull dogs.

I'll stick to my own from now on, thanks.
Richter
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby ShOrTeEsMaMa » August 9th, 2006, 1:37 pm

Guys....I think he is trying to do the right thing here...Be a little easier on him and try not to judge him on the things he did when he was 14 years old...He's older now and knows better, and he is trying to do the right thing. He took in this sick puppy and took full responsiblity for her. He takes in other dogs that people just dump at his house, cares for them, and find them good homes....Sounds like a good foster parent to me, regardless of his past......

How many stupid things did you guys do when you were 14?
ShOrTeEsMaMa
Just Whelped

Postby Jenn » August 9th, 2006, 1:39 pm

:| Honesty is the best policy, and you admit the error of your ways. Guess to some you can be held accountable for the rest of your life, for a mistake you make in your young life. Not everyone will be unwelcoming to you and your new addition. I wish you luck with whatever you decide though. Just as well there are plenty of forums out there, that would welcome you, and the pup you saved. ;)
Jenn
undecided

Postby cheekymunkee » August 9th, 2006, 1:58 pm

I do not know where you got this information or who pm'd you but they had NO business doing that. As long as you are not continuing this practice you are free to be a member of this board.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Richter » August 10th, 2006, 9:58 am

JennKBM wrote:I wish you luck with whatever you decide though. Just as well there are plenty of forums out there, that would welcome you, and the pup you saved. ;)

Moderator, please delete this thread, I'd rather not see it move any further than that.

EDIT - Also, my dog's doing so much better than she was, I like getting woken up with kisses, and having someone to play with at 8am. 8)
Richter
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Jenn » August 10th, 2006, 11:13 am

Oh come on, and stick around with the crazy people, lol! Glad she's doing better.
Jenn
undecided

Postby cheekymunkee » August 10th, 2006, 1:59 pm

The choice is yours, I can let you into the forum or I can delete this thread. But if I do delete this thread you will no longer be welcome to post in the intro forum. We welcome you to become a productive member of the board.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Richter » August 10th, 2006, 2:02 pm

You should make me a member, I can't post pictures of my doggies! :o

I just visited my moms house and have some nice pictures. :|
Richter
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Next

Return to Introductions