holy crap.... i think my next car gonna be a toyota!

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby LoveABull » February 1st, 2006, 5:34 pm

Not all that can be counted, counts; not all that counts can be counted.
what's going on in my neck of the woods? check out the Aluma-blog!
LoveABull
Just Whelped

Postby SisMorphine » February 1st, 2006, 9:40 pm

Holy crap! Yeah, I definately need a Toyota when I buy a new car (3-4 years from now). Wow.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Kangas Mommy » February 1st, 2006, 9:53 pm

Whats the video show? lol my computer sucks. I got my fist new car about 1 1/2 years ago. Its a Toyota Scion XA. I LOVE THIS CAR! and brand new with a 5 year warrantee it was only 13,000. Of course i added my pit bull means love license plate frame and it made it 100% kewler! I recomend Toyotas to anyone...My last car was a Volkswagen Cabriolet convertable that i loved dearly but it blew up! Piece of crap! hehehe
Kangas Mommy
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Romanwild » February 1st, 2006, 10:16 pm

I love my 94 toyota 4x4 extended cab pick up! :thumbsup:

It' my second Toyota. They are that great. I don't know why anyone still buys American. :|
Romanwild
I live here

Postby LoveABull » February 2nd, 2006, 12:04 am

Kangas Mommy wrote:Whats the video show? lol my computer sucks. ...

ok... its some English car show, and they take a beat up old rusted out farm-used diesel toyota pickup from the '80s, over 190,000 miles on it (bought for 1000 british pounds) and first they drive it down a set of stairs (no damage), run it into a wall (brick fell off) ran it into a tree (broke a headlamp, still ran), then they took it out and roped it down to a dock at let the tide rise up over it (location of the second highest tide in the world) truck was TOTALLY covered in water, broke free from the ropes and overturned into the silt... they recovered it several hours later after the tide receeded, they cleaned the silt and water out, and it restarted! then they smacked it around with a wrecking ball, droped it, droped a small travel-trailer on it, ran it thru a small building, then set it on fire... and it still ran! so they put it on top of an apartment building that was about to be demolished (240 feet up)... they did that controlled explosion thing where the building drops straight down... pulled the truck outta the wreckage, and it STARTED! AND DROVE!!!!!!!! (altho the frame was broken in half, the truck was holding together by the body itself!)

there were NO repair parts used... and all "repairs" were done with nothing more than one set of wrenches and a hammer. (and a can of WD40)
LoveABull
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » February 2nd, 2006, 12:24 am

I had a 1974 Toyota Corolla with over 300,000 miles on it, the window fell out if you tried to roll it down, reverse didn't work, in fact, only first and third worked. Every time I started it I had to put water, oil, transmission fluid and brake fluid in it. It leaked when it rained, the floor board in the back was rusted through, the wipers flew off if you turned them on high but that car ran like a top. It got like 5000 miles to the gallon and the key was broken off in the ignition, the locks didn't work but someone decided they needed it more than I did ( I had retired it to a "beer run" car) and stole it. I had it about 5 years, I bought it from my brother for $300 who had bought it 3 years before for around $500. I bet it's still running.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Marinepits » February 2nd, 2006, 12:24 am

Nope. Gonna stick with my old Jeep. :neener:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Kangas Mommy » February 2nd, 2006, 12:53 am

HAHA awesome...Jeep WHAT??? BLAH! :o
Kangas Mommy
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » February 2nd, 2006, 1:01 am

cheekymunkee wrote:I had a 1974 Toyota Corolla with over 300,000 miles on it, the window fell out if you tried to roll it down, reverse didn't work, in fact, only first and third worked. Every time I started it I had to put water, oil, transmission fluid and brake fluid in it. It leaked when it rained, the floor board in the back was rusted through, the wipers flew off if you turned them on high but that car ran like a top. It got like 5000 miles to the gallon and the key was broken off in the ignition, the locks didn't work but someone decided they needed it more than I did ( I had retired it to a "beer run" car) and stole it. I had it about 5 years, I bought it from my brother for $300 who had bought it 3 years before for around $500. I bet it's still running.

Sorry, I just couldn't help but laugh at this description!

My parents had a few cars like that when I was growing up. My mom's VW bug had no floor board under the passenger seat. My sisters and I would brawl over not sitting there. If she drove through a puddle the size of a teaspoon the person sitting in the back seat on that side got a shower.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LoveABull » February 2nd, 2006, 10:47 am

gee... that almost sounds like my CURRENT car! :o

1991 Nissan Sentra with somewhere around ONLY 130,000 on it! ( :fastRoll: ).... the key is broken in half in the ignition... you can start it with a screwdriver 8) you can't lock the doors or you'll never get back in, and the trunk lock is broken so you can turn it by hand (all because of that stupid key ! :fastRoll: ) all 4 struts are shot (they say it'll cost me $1000 to fix! :o ) its rusted and dented and faded, and it leaks... the passenger-side window-crank fell off... if you can find it, you can still roll down the window! the windows BOTH require a hurculean effort to roll back UP after you roll them down... and i bought it for $250. it gets 30 mpg CITY driving... close to 40 highway! :o

it'll be a sad day when little Nissan passes away on me! :fastRoll:
LoveABull
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » February 2nd, 2006, 11:43 am

LoveABull wrote:1991 Nissan Sentra with somewhere around ONLY 130,000 on it!

:?:

I have a 1999 Subaru Outback Sport with 117,000 on it. You've got pretty low milage for a 15 year old car!

There is something wrong with the back end of the car though, and I'm afraid to find out what at this point... it makes this loud grinding/humming/rumbling sound that changes depending on the speed I'm driving at.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LoveABull » February 2nd, 2006, 12:29 pm

mnp13 wrote:There is something wrong with the back end of the car though, and I'm afraid to find out what at this point... it makes this loud grinding/humming/rumbling sound that changes depending on the speed I'm driving at.

i had an old van that started doing that... then it stopped going in reverse... thats where the Nissan came in!
LoveABull
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » February 2nd, 2006, 12:35 pm

Pffft, reverse is for wimps!! I drove my car for about a year with no reverse. Either park on a hill or parallel park so you can just take off. Ain't no thang. :D
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby SisMorphine » February 2nd, 2006, 2:28 pm

Marinepits wrote:Nope. Gonna stick with my old Jeep. :neener:

I will say, my mom's '89 Jeep Cherokee ran until just last year and died with 275,000 miles on it. Makes me feel a bit better about my impending '98 Grand Cherokee purchase with 142,000 on it.

No matter what you get, NEVER buy a Saturn. I have never in my life wanted to get into an accident and total a car as much as I did this past month while it was dying. Only a '97 with 153,000 on it. POS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby LoveABull » February 2nd, 2006, 4:04 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:Pffft, reverse is for wimps!! I drove my car for about a year with no reverse. Either park on a hill or parallel park so you can just take off. Ain't no thang. :D

*ahem*...i realized i didn't have reverse anymore when i couldn't back out of my driveway one morning on my way to work! not enough room to park on the side of the road, either
LoveABull
Just Whelped

Return to Off-Topic