New from Houston, TX

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby chingchang » August 7th, 2006, 2:08 am

Hi, all! Got my first pitty/mix 2 months ago and everything has been great. I am his second owner and he was originally rescued from a shelter. Found this site from another dog forum and just looking to learn a bit more to better myself and my dog.

Here is a signature i made not knowing they werent allowed.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you folks!!

p.s. Who in Houston can help my sweet dog get over his dog agression?? (the lady who had him before must not have socialized him well with other dogs...)

Thanks
Richard
chingchang
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 7th, 2006, 8:22 am

Welcome! :wave: Harley is gorgeous!
I'm pretty sure we have a couple of people in Houston. However, these dogs are genetically-inclined to dog aggression. Post a topic in the training section with specifics of what he does, and people may be able to help. You may just need to live with the fact that he's DA, but maybe he can get to the point (if he's not already) where he's at least under control. Like I said, post a topic in the training section (once you get access) with details, and people can help. :)
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby IamaDick » August 7th, 2006, 11:23 am

Whats going on man!! My name is Richard too!! Anyway, i have been going to training class with another member on here named Julie K. If you are interested maybe you can meet up with us this week and we can see what we can do about you DA. He looks young, how old is he?? If you catch it early, it might be possible to atleast ease some of the aggression or teach him not to act on it. The meet is on wednesdays around the 290 @ Bingle area. It starts at 7:30, let me know if your interested.
WWAASSUUPP!!!
IamaDick
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » August 7th, 2006, 12:21 pm

Intros are for intros please.

What made you decide to get a Pit Bull? Have you had dogs before this one?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby chingchang » August 7th, 2006, 12:50 pm

Harley: 1.5 yrs / 55lbs/ M neutered

Hey Dick, he is already enrolled in a dog obedience class at petsmart but we can no longer go to the group classes bc he nipped another dogs ear. How much are the classes you are taking, I'd love to come along just to maybe be able to socialize him? He has one buddy he can play with and that is my friends rottweiler and she can hold her own so i dont have to worry every second, and they got use to each other after a few minutes anyways...

This is my first dog since i was a young boy. I was not specifically looking for a Pit Bull, just a dog that fit my wants and needs, and of course, Harley fit them all. His stunning looks didnt hurt either.. lol.
chingchang
Just Whelped

Postby IamaDick » August 7th, 2006, 2:43 pm

PM me when you get into the site and ill answer any questions you have.
WWAASSUUPP!!!
IamaDick
Just Whelped

Postby chingchang » August 8th, 2006, 2:47 am

new old navy shirt!! it fits great and its only $10 for a medium. i wasnt all for it at first (girlfriends idea) , but it doesnt look too bad...

chingchang
Just Whelped

Postby PBT Staff » August 8th, 2006, 11:18 am

PBT Staff

Return to Introductions