Blow out .. phew ...

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby Emi » August 7th, 2006, 10:30 am

Poor Miss Dottie ...

Earl got her some new food , low calorie stuff , cause we thought she was a little over her weight limit for her size ...

Well Miss Dottie digeastive system doesn't get along with lamb and turkey we've found out the hard way ... :shock:

Any way I didn't read the food content before we started feeding it to her , you know we did the so much of old food to so much new food, well we were at where she is totally on the new stuff ...

OH my gosh she had a full blown , blow out this morning , she had this look on her face , and didn't even ask to go out , she went into my bedroom , well PHEW the poor girlie girl...

She is piddle pad trained , thank goodness she has been for along time , cause of her having to get use to potting on the leash... btw she's doing fab on that , she's going both ways on the leash now ... WOOTIE TOOTIE...

I do have some piddle pads down still in her spot , well she didn't go to her piddle spot , :shock:

Any way , I got reading the stuff in the new food , it's got LAMB in it , so we're going back to the old stuff, the poor girl i feel so bad that I didn't read that first ... poor girlie...

I'm a bad bad puppy dog owner ... :cry:

PS: If your a dog owner the best investment you can make is a steam cleaner mine get's alot of use ... so much so i need to get a new one lol
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby mnp13 » August 7th, 2006, 10:37 am

I would suggest that you not get any "low calorie" food. The food is made up of fillers that your dog doesn't need. Feed less of their regular food and suppliment with pumpkin or green beans if your dog is acting like it is dieing of starvation.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 7th, 2006, 10:43 am

Poor Miss Dottie... :(

And poor you!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Emi » August 7th, 2006, 10:43 am

Thanks for the advice Michelle ..

Like can punkin?
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby mnp13 » August 7th, 2006, 10:45 am

yup, canned pumpkin. Not the "pie filling" pumpkin though, just 100% orange stuff.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Emi » August 7th, 2006, 10:49 am

Thanks Michelle

I think , we had started to give her to much table food after we were eating there for awhile ... and that's why she was gaining weight ...

You say your never gonna do that and ah you figure out ah hey Doh your doing it :shock:

Yeah Pitbullmamaliz, the poor girl , Earl's off on a business trip this morning and then she has this blow out ... poor girl ..
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Hoyden » August 7th, 2006, 12:54 pm

My Petey was getting fat, but my husband INSISTS on feeding him table scraps.

So I figured out a compromise. Petey has HIS OWN food measuring cup. That is the amount he gets at dinner. Period. So if Mark is going to give him the steak fat, chicken bits or pork edges, he puts it into the measuring cup first, then tops it off with dog food and he's not allowed to smush it down or I will wack him with the board of correction.

This method seems to be working and Petey is slowly loosing weight.
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Emi » August 7th, 2006, 1:06 pm

Ok thanks Hoyden that sounds like a great idea .. :)
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby mnp13 » August 7th, 2006, 1:45 pm

Hoyden wrote:My Petey was getting fat, but my husband INSISTS on feeding him table scraps.

So I figured out a compromise. Petey has HIS OWN food measuring cup. That is the amount he gets at dinner. Period. So if Mark is going to give him the steak fat, chicken bits or pork edges, he puts it into the measuring cup first, then tops it off with dog food and he's not allowed to smush it down or I will wack him with the board of correction.

how about getting an e-collar for Mark?
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby cheekymunkee » August 7th, 2006, 2:33 pm

Why not both? I think you should wack him on a regular basis, just to keep him paying attention.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby msvette2u » August 7th, 2006, 3:15 pm

So I figured out a compromise. Petey has HIS OWN food measuring cup.
I've done that with Copper for the last year or so, it is the only way he could lose weight!
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Emi » August 8th, 2006, 5:26 am

Thanks Ya'll for the suggestion :)

Told Earl about that and he thought it was a great idea to :)
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Hoyden » August 8th, 2006, 11:58 am

mnp13 wrote:
Hoyden wrote:My Petey was getting fat, but my husband INSISTS on feeding him table scraps.

how about getting an e-collar for Mark?

Only if I could put it on his tongue somehow. Anywhere else, I doubt it would have any affect. He's too stubborn and has a very high pain tolerance.
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Return to Nutrition & Health