Hiya, New Too

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby huskyhouse » February 1st, 2006, 5:59 pm

Hi everyone, I'm Laura (Huskylove on other boards) and Maryellen was nice enough to bring me over here. She's also been roped into being my new foster home for wayward Siberians (no pitties here, but I love them and my new tenant has one named Diesel :loveU: ). I'm the northern NJ coordinator/trainer for Husky House NY/NJ Siberian Husky Rescue and I think BSL sucks.
Any questions :D ?
huskyhouse
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Judy » February 1st, 2006, 8:11 pm

Hello and welcome!
Judy
Loyally Bully

Postby Jesseca » February 1st, 2006, 8:17 pm

Hello!! :greenWave:
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby satanscheerleader » February 1st, 2006, 8:54 pm

:wave:
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby Purple » February 1st, 2006, 9:09 pm

Well, any friend of MaryEllen's...... :bowWave:
Purple
I live here

Postby mnp13 » February 1st, 2006, 9:28 pm

Questions? I have tons!

when did you get involved with rescue? How has BSL affected huskies and other nordic breeds? do you have dogs? how many? any other pets? any hairless kids? do you like pizza? what size shoes do you wear? can you find bustersmama a ninja smilie that will suit her lofty expectations?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Purple » February 1st, 2006, 9:53 pm

You must submit to the forum goddess....she can get quite cranky......... :bowDown:
Purple
I live here

Postby huskyhouse » February 1st, 2006, 9:54 pm

Otay, "panky, you asked for it :D ....

I've been involved in rescue for over 7 years, prior to that I volunteered for the Philly shelter system helping the dogs become more adoptable through training and getting them some basic manners.

BSL is hitting my breed as well, unfortunately, most people can't tell the difference between a Mal and a Sibe, so Siberians have ended up on the CDC bite statistic list :x , and are frequently on the banned list for homeowner insurance. I loathe ANY kneejerk reaction to any isolated incident concerning any breed, but the ferociousness that the media and the government has gone after the bully breeds has sickened me.

I have three furballs currently, two mixed breed knuckleheads (Loki and Layla) and an Alaskan Husky (Anna Banana)

I have four stepchildren (2 adults, 2 teenagers), I love pizza, and I'll work on finding that perfect Ninja smilie for Bustersmama :D .
huskyhouse
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » February 1st, 2006, 11:48 pm

ok ok ok...

I guess I'll let you in.... you better come up with that ninja for me soon though.

Who is that in the picture with the Banana?

They are all cute but waaaaaaaaay too much hair! :D :wink:
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby huskyhouse » February 2nd, 2006, 12:40 am

The little brown monkey was a puppy that came up from the south on a transport, the rescue that was originally supposed to take them backed out (right on the highway, no less :x ) so we stepped in and took all 24 pups.
Sienna (the pup in the pic) had been attacked by another dog somewhere along the way, because when they brought them to the Expo, she had bite punctures on the rear leg, totally infected. She was by far one of the most beautiful dogs I've ever seen, a beautiful chocolate pup with a Chessie coat and marble blue eyes. You can see the wounds on her rear leg after I cut the fur back and cleaned them up. Anna Banana is a fruitcake herself, but the best puppy wrangler ever!

Ooh, and we have something in common, I used to be active in Schutzhund before I got old, fat and arthritic, but I'm looking to get back into it with the help of this-:prescription: and a Tierkerhook line GSD :thumbsup: .

And I'm lookin' for that ninja, but which one do you want? The one commiting harikari :) ? Although you guys by far have the best smilies I've ever seen on any board 8) !
Last edited by huskyhouse on February 2nd, 2006, 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
huskyhouse
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » February 2nd, 2006, 12:45 am

huskyhouse wrote:And I'm lookin' for that ninja, but which one do you want? The one commiting harikari :) ?

You'll have to ask her loftiness ms. bustersmamma, my ninja isn't good enough for her and she wants a better one.

ooooo... I just had an idea....
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Emi » February 2nd, 2006, 2:02 am

:hello: :wave:
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby panda » February 2nd, 2006, 3:29 am

:wave: good to see you here
Dead Dog Walking Pit Bull Rescue
http://deaddogwalkingpitbullrescue.org/
panda
Loyally Bully

Postby CinderDee » February 2nd, 2006, 4:21 am

Welcome! :D
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Maryellen » February 2nd, 2006, 8:59 am

hey Laura glad you got on here!! Welcome!!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Romanwild » February 2nd, 2006, 10:27 am

Welcome to the party Laura! 8)
Romanwild
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » February 2nd, 2006, 12:23 pm

Hi!!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby turtle » February 4th, 2006, 8:31 pm

Hi! Welcome!
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby msvette2u » February 4th, 2006, 9:09 pm

:wave:
howdy!!
I actually had a woman call my office yesterday and ask if there was BSL about Huskies or Mals in our town. She has 2 husky/mal mixes.
There isn't. She was happy and I applauded her for calling to check prior to moving here...
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Return to Introductions