DSO 2006, Intermediate, A Nightmare on Lowell Street

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby mnp13 » August 4th, 2006, 1:43 pm

The intermediate level started the same way as the beginner trial. This level was off leash with the dog wearing a flat or choke collar. You could opt to put a prong on your dog taking a 5 point deduction right off the top.

As with the Beginner exercises, all of the exercises are real life; things that you could run into at any time during a normal day. At the Intermediate level, all decoys were a little more animated, but had to follow the instructions of the handler.

heeling

Phones ringing!

get the phone!!

get in that golf cart
Connor, stop wataching the decoy tent!

get the goat off the field

try to deliver your pizza. At the intermediate level the decoys were more animated and louder when you knocked on the door. the dog could stay in the car or get out with you.

ride the elevator

deliver your pizza.

Wait for the thunderstorm to pass

Time for protection! Of course, there was no civil agitation in the car, as having a dog off leash with the windows down and an unsuited decoy is just not a good idea!!

The first exercise was a defense of handler in the car. The dog was put in the car in a position of control and the door was left open, or closed with the window down. You were to go to the back of the car to simulate fixing a flat tire or filling your gas tank. A suited decoy approached and spoke to you before attacking. Your dog had to bail out and protect you.
Riggs decided that the guy was a threat before he attacked me, so Chris came out to help me keep him in the car until it was actually time for me to get help. Yes, I did let go of the decoy this time... though Riggs didn't. :oops: This is the great thing about a training trial. I was worried that Riggs wouldn't bite, though Chris assured me he would, the problem was that he wouldn't let go. He's not equipment fixated, he only went after decoys that were threats (not counting the last one)

The next exercise was a long range attack, where you put your dog in a down or sit and went to house number 10. A drunk/stumbling decoy approaches yelling at you and your dog must stay where it is until you are attacked.

Check in with the Decoy Judge

The final exercise is “Help help, I’ve been shotâ€
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Jenn » August 4th, 2006, 2:11 pm

Sounds like a good time, and a very interesting one.
Jenn
undecided

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 4th, 2006, 3:14 pm

I love all the pics, especially the ones with the dogs flying through the air!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Purple » August 4th, 2006, 4:49 pm

Great pics, you really caught some great action shots!

This was my favorite...the dog looks so intense, so focused...

Purple
I live here

Return to Sports