NEW TO PIT BULL TALK!!!! LOOK FORWARD TO GETTING ADVICE!!

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby TitanLove » August 2nd, 2006, 10:19 pm

Hi, my name is Lori. I am a proud mom of 2 pit bulls. I thought that joining I could share my own knowledge of the breed, and pick up some pointers on raising two pit bulls.

Well, Titan is my first pit bull and he turned out to be a great dog. He likes strange dog, and LOVES meeting new people. Even though he is only 1yr 8mo, I know his additude will change and maybe meeting new dog while out on walks won't be an option.

My big worry with him is our new puppy. We tryed to adopt a female pit bull from our local shelter, but they said they would not place pits with other pits. I always said if I was to get another pit, it would have to be puppy. SO, we got a 9 week old little girl we named Chole.

Chole has been with us 5 days, and has a clean bill of health from the vet. Our (neutered) male Titan, at first, was so happy to have a little sis in the house. But by the third day, Titan has realized Chole is not leaving. My worst fear would be them both maturing and not getting along. We have been very careful to give Titan lots of attention, but sometimes he wants to go and pout. He has struck at Chole three times when she went near his bone. He did not bite her, but it was a warning. Titan is such a great dog but his behavior has gone to wow shes great, to ya shes ok sometimes. They do rough house and play well together, its really neat to see them enjoy playing. Titan is pretty gentle with her and he knows "time out" and "easy" when he gets too rough.

Hopefully they will bond and Titan's fear of not being the baby of the house will subside. We crate Chole when we are gone so they are never alone together. Anyone have any advice on what we should do when Titan gives Chole these warning lundges, and what should we do so Chole does not become agressive with him.

I want to train this little girl to be friendly twords other dogs and people as Titan is. But I'm afraid Titans behavior will interfear with her trusting other dogs. Thanks for reading and any help that can be givin. :? Im sure this will not be the last problem I have with these two.
TitanLove

Postby cheekymunkee » August 3rd, 2006, 10:17 am

Hi!! This section is for intros only, once given access you can ask your questions in the Training Section. :wink:

How long have you been interested in the breed? Are these guys your first expereince with pit bulls?
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby SpiritFngrz » August 3rd, 2006, 12:08 pm

Welcome! :greenWave:
We'd love to see pictures! I hope you like it here! There is a lot of good advice
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby a-bull » August 3rd, 2006, 12:57 pm

If the issue appears to surround the bone, eliminate the bone or put your boy in another room to enjoy his bone.

Possessions are a common issue in multi-dog homes. To avoid bad habits or bad situations from occurring, eliminate the issue, which seems to be possessions.

Welcome. :)
a-bull
I live here

Postby Jenn » August 3rd, 2006, 1:04 pm

Are you mentally stable? Do you like pizza? Do you like ice cream? Do you smoke? Do you drink? What's your blood pressure? Are you sensitive? Do you have a sense of humor? Do you have a job? Do you have any kids? Do you go to the bathroom when you first get up?
Answer those questions, that should get you in! lol

Seriously just joking!! ;) ~ Hello and Welcome!! :) Forgot to add your avatar is adorable!
Jenn
undecided

Postby cheekymunkee » August 3rd, 2006, 2:42 pm

Mentally stable is a requirement now? Damn, there go all the members AND mods. Crap.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Jenn » August 3rd, 2006, 3:17 pm

lol, looks like we all missed the memo
Jenn
undecided

Postby mnp13 » August 3rd, 2006, 3:39 pm

JennKBM wrote:Seriously just joking!! ;)

No she isn't.

Welcome!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 3rd, 2006, 4:05 pm

Welcome! Don't let them scare ya off! :wink:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Purple » August 3rd, 2006, 4:58 pm

We have to be mentally stable.....damn, I hope us oldsters can get grandfathered in, there's no way we'd make the new requirement!

Hello and welcome... :trollDance:
Purple
I live here

Return to Introductions