Murdered Pits in WA. Peanut and Wigglz

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby BigDogBuford » August 1st, 2006, 1:10 pm

satanscheerleader wrote:I was thinkin' the same thing. My previous foster Blackie was at EDNAH. :(

Everyone knows about my experience with them. Which dog did you end up with, SCL?

Clifford was also dumped at EDNAH and so I'm not sure how I feel about donating to them. While they have amazing volunteers and some great staff, I'm not at all convinced the monies are going where they're supposed to. JMHO

Perhaps setting up an educational fund in the names of the two murdered dogs would be a worthwile effort instead?
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby satanscheerleader » August 1st, 2006, 7:16 pm

I had Blackie. She wasn't doing very well so she is boarding at the vet so he can keep an eye on her. :(
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby BigDogBuford » August 1st, 2006, 7:20 pm

satanscheerleader wrote:I had Blackie. She wasn't doing very well so she is boarding at the vet so he can keep an eye on her. :(

Do you have pictures? I didn't know her by that name...... Or do you have her number that she came in with?
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby satanscheerleader » August 1st, 2006, 7:24 pm

Here's her petfinder page. I dont' know her number. She was the size of a pit but has a very black lab looking face. Short pit bull hair. I'm not evey sure if she was a Pasado's dog or was just at EDNAH though other means. I just know about the Pasado/EDNAH connection.
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/dis ... id=6185667 :|
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby BigDogBuford » August 1st, 2006, 7:50 pm

Nope, I don't think was a Pasado dog. At least not one that came in when I was still there.

Poor thing....good luck with her!
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby chance's mom » August 2nd, 2006, 12:23 am

i am so sorry to hear this happened. i feel outraged for him to have to go through with this, i would be devistated. in reading what people on pbf were saying to him, i will be nice and say they are unbelievable! i am so sorry that he has to go through this and hear bs like that. i could not begin to imagine how this must make him feel. i honestly dont want a yard for this reason. i thought about having one, but its so scary now, i dont want chance out of my sight, not for a second, and it shouldnt be that way. people should be able to let their dogs out to play with no worries. i hope the person(s) who did this get the same right back at them. what goes around comes around, and i pray they feel the pain they caused this family and those poor baby dogs. i pray for you, i am so sorry.
chance's mom
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Emi » August 2nd, 2006, 10:03 am

Finally some information on that rescues website about the reward

http://www.pasadosafehaven.org/CRUELTY% ... iggles.htm

Family Pets Hung...
$2500 Reward Issued
A Lynnwood, WA man suffered the loss of two beloved family pets this week. After hearing a commotion in his backyard during the early morning hours of July 27, he ran out of the house to find both of this young dogs hanging from a rope tied around their necks. Wiggles, named for her habit of moving her entire body when she was happy, was now deathly still. Peanut was still struggling so Joseph tried in vain to release him from his snare. He then returned with a knife to cut the rope a short time later, but it was too late, Peanut was gone too.

Our heart goes out to Joseph and his family during this terrible time and Pasado’s Safe Haven wants to help find those responsible for tearing his family apart. We are offering a reward of $2,500 to anyone who provides information leading to the arrest and conviction of Peanut and Wiggles killers. We have spoken to Joseph at length and he recalled the dedication and love he felt toward these two young dogs who he saved from an animals shelter. Why anyone would want to take them away from him in this horrible way is a mystery.

Peanut and Wiggles were gentle and social so Joseph is almost certain that they did not even bark when their killers approached the fence. They managed to slip a noose around their neck, feed the rope over the fence and secure the other end of the rope to a post. The scratch marks on the fence show how hard they fought to stay alive. This most certainly was a pre-meditated crime, possibly carried out by the same person(s) who terrorized another young dog, also named Peanut, by leaving her for dead in a Lynnwood dumpster a month earlier. Fortunately, this little girl escaped death and has now been adopted into a good home. We have posted a $3,000 reward for her case. Read about her story here.

Lynnwood police are investigating this double murder but have no leads at this time.
We’ll continue to following the case of Peanut and Wiggles and keep you updated as details become available so check back soon.
DOWNLOAD a reward flyer and help us catch this killer!

DONATE to the reward fund here and help us catch this killer!

Contact us here Copyright © 2006 Pasado's Safe Haven Pasado's Safe Haven is a 501(c)( 3) non-profit organization.

Charity Navigator, America's premier evaluator of charities, has awarded Pasado's Safe Haven its highest rating, receiving
a 4-Star Rating - for two consecutive years! According to the non-profit watchdog group, "Receiving Charity Navigator's highest 4-star rating means that your organization outperformed most other charities in America in its efforts to efficiently manage its finances. A 4-star rating from Charity Navigator gives your supporters confidence in
Pasado's Safe Haven's ability to maximize the charitable return on their contribution."

Over 91% of every dollar donated to Pasado's Safe Haven goes directly to the animals - the highest percentage of any Northwest animal group
and one of the highest in the nation.
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby justalovepuppy » August 2nd, 2006, 2:37 pm

just out of curiousity why is pasado so bad? i have heard a few people stating they don't like pasado but for what reasons? sorry just curious to know.
justalovepuppy
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » August 2nd, 2006, 2:49 pm

justalovepuppy wrote:just out of curiousity why is pasado so bad? i have heard a few people stating they don't like pasado but for what reasons? sorry just curious to know.

To save a whole lot of typing, here are some links. It was all over PBF last year, I am really surprised you don;t know.

http://gracieland.org/RW/rwnews3.html
http://www.komotv.com/news/printstory.asp?id=39896
http://www.ozarkdogs.com/edna4.htm
http://www.baxterbulletin.com/apps/pbcs ... 40306/1002
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby justalovepuppy » August 2nd, 2006, 3:28 pm

thank you, but i honestly don't know. id idn't even know there was a problem with them.Rita said her friends goe son PBF all the time so i thought pbf was pasado friendly.? thanks for the link tho.
justalovepuppy
Just Whelped

Postby Emi » August 2nd, 2006, 3:46 pm

Thanks Cheeky for posting those , I was just on a hunt to find all that stuff again for Justalovepuppy to see those.
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » August 2nd, 2006, 3:53 pm

justalovepuppy wrote:thank you, but i honestly don't know. id idn't even know there was a problem with them.Rita said her friends goe son PBF all the time so i thought pbf was pasado friendly.? thanks for the link tho.

Your welcome but it is NOT PBF, PBF has NOTHING to do with what happened, some of their employees & volunteers are members of PBF. :|

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby justalovepuppy » August 2nd, 2006, 5:08 pm

no no no no thats not what i meant. what i meant was i thought PBF was for pasado (the members i mean). i knew there was volunteers from there that went because they posted pictures, but i never knew it was that horrible. i remember seeing a few articles on pasado but i thought they were more of a reputable rescue then those articles made them seem.
justalovepuppy
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » August 2nd, 2006, 5:20 pm

Oooops, I am sorry, I misunderstood you.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby justalovepuppy » August 2nd, 2006, 7:17 pm

its ok i am not worried at all. i was just always under the impression people supported pasado and this just as a shocker wheni heard" don't believe a damn word", " i wouldnt donate" etc etc was just kinda shocker.
justalovepuppy
Just Whelped

Postby BigDogBuford » August 2nd, 2006, 10:34 pm

Thanks for posting that, Cheeky. I so didn't want to go through all that stuff again.

I CAN say that they never paid one penny of Cliffords $1,200.00 in vet bills. In fact they never even told me they wouldn't, they just never responded to my e-mails. And this was a dog that was sent to EDNAH, wound up here and D.R.A.W. took him in as a favor. The millions of dollars in donations that they got for Katrina animals, and they thought so little of one pit bull that they didn't deem him worth it. Instead they stick a little four person rescue with thousands of dollars of vet bills. But how could we not help him? Look at this face:

This was what he looked like when I got him:

What I think people should be asking is, "Where did all those millions of dollars go?"

:|
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Emi » August 3rd, 2006, 8:13 am

Poor Clifford , he looks so much happier now .. those poor Katrina dogs went threw alot ... and some are still not claimed and being shipped here and there and all over ... :cry:
Emi
Full of Bully

Previous

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL