Intro from Va

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Jessie's_mom » July 28th, 2006, 10:14 am

Hi, my name is Samantha, I live in Va state. I have one pit bull/lab mix who is three and her name is.....yep, you guessed it.....Jessie! She is my first pit, but I'm only 21. I have been many pits in the last three years because I work at a boarding kennel....and most of my friends have or have had a pit. Owning a pit bull happened by accident. My pup was left at our kennel so that we could find her a home. When the kennel closed down a few years ago to build a new place, I took her in to foster her...that was 2 1/2 years ago :) Since then I have fallen in love with the breed, and use my pup and my (small amount of) knowledge to educate those that fear her.

My family (as a full time student, I still live at home) is also owned by a Beagle, Penny, 3 cats, and 4 ferrets (very amusing creatures if you ever get the chance to meet one)

There is not BSL in my area, but an adjoining county has considered it since some women let her 3 pitsrun loose and they killed an 85-year-old women. It's been over a year, so it seems to havedied down a bit, so hopefully they won't pass anything (all past attempts at BSL have failed)

I found Pit Bull Talk from an e-mail annoucing the bull-ympics from pitbulllovers.com....where I get my monthly newsletters.

I would love to post pics of my baby if anyone could share the best way to make the pictures small enough to fit :)
Jessie's_mom
Just Whelped

Postby Jenn » July 28th, 2006, 1:35 pm

Hello and welcome! :)
Jenn
undecided

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 28th, 2006, 3:26 pm

Welcome! :wave: I'm also on pitbulllovers.com - I think I'm "Inara's Mom" there...
You're going to like it here - it's very active!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby msvette2u » July 28th, 2006, 4:10 pm

Howdy!! :greenWave:
I use imageshack and it can resize the photos automatically.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Jessie's_mom » July 28th, 2006, 9:47 pm

thanks msvette2u....now everyone can see my baby!! :D
Jessie's_mom
Just Whelped

Postby Purple » July 28th, 2006, 9:53 pm

Hello and Welcome! :trollDance:
Purple
I live here

Postby Jessie's_mom » July 31st, 2006, 7:14 pm

thanks for the welcome!!

Does anyone know how long it should take to begiven full access?? :? I've PMed admins but have gotten no response. :cry:
Jessie's_mom
Just Whelped

Postby Maryellen » July 31st, 2006, 7:28 pm

working on it, i just finished supper...
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Maryellen » July 31st, 2006, 7:31 pm

Maryellen
I live here

Postby Jessie's_mom » July 31st, 2006, 7:39 pm

THANK YOU!!!!!
Jessie's_mom
Just Whelped

Postby Maryellen » July 31st, 2006, 7:43 pm

your welcome, please check your pm box
Maryellen
I live here

Postby SpiritFngrz » July 31st, 2006, 8:55 pm

Hi Samantha! :greenWave:
I like your avatar- your pup is beautiful!
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Return to Introductions