Murdered Pits in WA. Peanut and Wigglz

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby Marinepits » July 29th, 2006, 10:49 pm

Purple wrote:Just to be on the safe side, if you are going to donate to the reward fund, these two organizations are footing a reward:

A total reward of $5,000 has been offered for the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the June 28 case.

Got any links, V? :D
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Purple » July 29th, 2006, 10:52 pm

For Pasados:

http://www.pasadosafehaven.org

I didn't see anything on their site, however. Maybe it's just not updated yet.
Purple
I live here

Postby Purple » July 29th, 2006, 10:58 pm

I didn't see anthing on the Humane Society's site, either, and that was updated on July 28th. :|
Purple
I live here

Postby justalovepuppy » July 29th, 2006, 11:00 pm

i wasn't going to post (i'll be nice) but maybe email them? they might of not just put it on there?
justalovepuppy
Just Whelped

Postby Purple » July 29th, 2006, 11:04 pm

We can check again Monday. Weekends can get busy.
Purple
I live here

Postby Maryellen » July 30th, 2006, 8:48 am

great idea, for those wanting to donate send the money to where you know it is going.
Maryellen
I live here

Postby justalovepuppy » July 30th, 2006, 9:10 am

which humane society is it offering the reward?
justalovepuppy
Just Whelped

Postby Purple » July 30th, 2006, 9:59 am

justalovepuppy wrote:which humane society is it offering the reward?

The article didn't specify. I did check the humane society of the US site, they have several rewards offered for other incidents, but not this one.
Purple
I live here

Postby Patch O' Pits » July 30th, 2006, 11:04 am

I can't get myself to read it all as It makes me so sad and sick at the same time. Those poor dogs :(
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Purple » July 30th, 2006, 11:09 am

FYI---I e-mailed Pasado's for more information.
Purple
I live here

Postby justalovepuppy » July 30th, 2006, 12:55 pm

Thank you, i also emailed them for information regarding how to donate.
justalovepuppy
Just Whelped

Postby justalovepuppy » July 30th, 2006, 7:10 pm

guys just out of curiousity how many of you actually watched the video right thru? at the end they state those two humane and pasado are doing the reward ONLY for the june 28th one not for this one..
justalovepuppy
Just Whelped

Postby Purple » July 30th, 2006, 8:25 pm

justalovepuppy wrote:guys just out of curiousity how many of you actually watched the video right thru? at the end they state those two humane and pasado are doing the reward ONLY for the june 28th one not for this one..

I didn't watch the video to the end, I couldn't.
Purple
I live here

Postby Emi » July 30th, 2006, 9:46 pm

Well now they say to get ahold of Rita at Pasado's Safe Heaven , for information on donating ...

If you had sent in Paypal donations they refunded them and were directed to find out info from that place ...

Ticks me off I mean I had already sent the donation , and now i gotta get info on how to contact that place, and remake a donation...

I mean can't people trust that the fund go where it's suppost to ...

This is as upsetting as what happen to the puppies... that we can't even trust other "Pitbull" owners to do the right thing ...
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Purple » July 30th, 2006, 9:56 pm

Emi,
I am far more omfortable donating to a reputable organization who will either hold the money in escrow, and/or use it was they see fit. Another benefit for me, is that Pasados is a 501c organization, so the company I work for will match my donation, dollar for dollar.
:)
Purple
I live here

Postby Emi » July 30th, 2006, 10:45 pm

Oh Purple that is great ...
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Purple » July 31st, 2006, 1:50 pm

Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 10:13:16 -0700

Hi Vicki,

We are currently offering a $5000 reward for the killer. It was supposed to be on the news on Friday as the reporters came out here and did a story, however, with the shooting in Seattle that same day our story was cancelled. We hope that at some point they might pick it up again. If you would like to donate to the reward you can do it online and just note it in the special instructions or you can mail us a check and not it with the check. Thank you so much for caring. We certainly hope we can find out who committed this horrific act.

Karin Baker

Pasado's Safe Haven
Purple
I live here

Postby Emi » July 31st, 2006, 3:23 pm

I don't know Purple i'm not to thrilled about that place after the Katrina stuff ...
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby satanscheerleader » July 31st, 2006, 9:13 pm

I was thinkin' the same thing. My previous foster Blackie was at EDNAH. :(
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby mnp13 » August 1st, 2006, 1:02 pm

lipshipsattitude wrote:I told him my story, I told him of my stuborness, I then told him that his story has changed EVERYTHING about the way I will take care of my girl in the future. So I offer my apology to all of you but most of all Michelle. Thank you for not backing down, thank you for putting me in my place. God Bless

No apology necessary. I'm glad that you are not doing the "it would never happen to me" thing, because many people are so set in their ways that nothing will ever change them. The fact that you are willing to change what you are doing just shows that you are responsible and that you want to do what is best for your dog. We all had to start somewhere!

This story is aweful... a similar thing happened in my area a few weeks ago. It wasn't a Pit Bull, but a dog was dead that woudln't have been accessable had the owner not left it outside when he wasn't home.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL