Greetings from too sunny California

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Kingsgurl » July 30th, 2006, 12:38 am

:greenWave: Hi all! Found this board mentioned on another Pit Bull board I frequent.
A little about me- I've owned Pit Bull terriers for 22 years now. I don't breed, never have. I'm currently a volunteer with a prominent Pit Bull rescue organization here in California (I failed Fostering 1A, more on that when we get to the exciting part of my into, which is, of course, the dogs) I work as a Manager at PetSmart (mostly because I get SO much opportunity to try to educate/reach fellow Pit Bull owners there) I am always learning, so the more people I can speak with, the better!

Now for the dogs! I have Mystique, a 14 month old DA bitch (literally) Total people love-slut as she should be, but a little hot otherwise. She is currently in training for her CGC and we are working diligently on the 'ignore other dogs' part.

Mystique and my daughter

Then there is the failed foster experiment, Martin. He is a Hurricane Katrina survivor who was trapped in an attic for 2 weeks and nearly dead when finally rescued. He was pulled from Lamar-Dixon by BADRAP and brought to California. He looked like this

Needless to say, I fell hard for this sweet boy and after heartworm treatment and a lot love, here he is 6 months later

and in June on his AdoptaBirthday (when we went full adoption on him.

Kingsgurl
Just Whelped

Postby msvette2u » July 30th, 2006, 12:54 am

:greenWave: howdy and welcome to the forum!
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Marinepits » July 30th, 2006, 7:31 am

Welcome and enjoy the forum!

Beautiful kids you have!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby iluvk9 » July 30th, 2006, 8:01 am

Wow ~ I can't believe the difference in poor Martin. You did a wonderful job with him.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Purple » July 30th, 2006, 10:02 am

Hello and Welcome!!!

Martin made a fantastic transformation! Great job! Congratulations on your failed foster!

I applied for management at Petsmart, but backed out when I heard how many hours you have to work! lol
Purple
I live here

Postby Kingsgurl » July 30th, 2006, 11:12 am

No kidding on the hours. They work your behind off :shock:

Thanks for the compliments everyone! Martin is the dog love of my life, my special, doofy boy.
Kingsgurl
Just Whelped

Postby Jenn » July 30th, 2006, 11:32 am

Hello and Welcome! :) Martin came a long way, and looks great! Your other girls are cuties too.
Jenn
undecided

Postby Romanwild » July 30th, 2006, 2:37 pm

Hi kingsgurl an welcome to PBT! :gruven:

Romanwild
I live here

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 30th, 2006, 4:45 pm

Welcome! :wave: You have a beautiful family!!!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby concreterose » July 30th, 2006, 8:10 pm

Hey you!
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby Kingsgurl » July 30th, 2006, 10:52 pm

Hi! I see some familir names over here
Kingsgurl
Just Whelped