I am broken hearted

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby Patch O' Pits » July 27th, 2006, 11:52 am

Thank you Michelle, and I'm sorry about Sylver :(

Still feels like my fault
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby luvmyangels » July 27th, 2006, 12:10 pm

I am so sorry to hear the news. I am sorry I have not been on for a while and had not seen the outcome of the results.
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » July 27th, 2006, 12:36 pm

Oh Therese, I am so sorry. This is not your fault, there is no way you could have suspected this, there were no signs. When you did see something suspicious you acted on it. Keep your chin up & don't give up, she isn't. We love you & are here for you. This is so unfair. Hold her tight & don't give up.
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Jenn » July 27th, 2006, 1:02 pm

So sorry, to hear the news. :( :hug3: Wishing both of you the best!
Jenn
undecided

Postby iluvk9 » July 27th, 2006, 1:44 pm

My sympathy for you and your family during the difficult time ahead. I lost two dogs to cancer, and recently lost another to unknown causes.

Loving our dogs sets us up for final sadness, but well worth every minute being with them.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Patch O' Pits » July 27th, 2006, 2:17 pm

iluvk9 wrote:My sympathy for you and your family during the difficult time ahead. I lost two dogs to cancer, and recently lost another to unknown causes.

Loving our dogs sets us up for final sadness, but well worth every minute being with them.

So very sorry for your losses

I agree they are worth every miniute of the unconditional love they give
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Marinepits » July 27th, 2006, 3:07 pm

:hug3:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Vanessa » July 27th, 2006, 7:43 pm

Oh i am so sorry that you got bad news :( Stay strong and positive for her. You will still have lots of time to spend with her. It is definately not your fault. You are giving her the best care possible and sometimes these things just happen. It's not fair but at least you have her with you now. She is so strong and you have to be too. I know how hard that is.... Hugs to you both.
Vanessa
Confident Young Bully

Postby ellie@ny » July 27th, 2006, 7:48 pm

Oh my!!! :cry: I'm so sorry Therese...... :(
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby concreterose » July 27th, 2006, 10:27 pm

I am so sorry to hear this :(
I agree with Michelle. They don't know bulldogs. They told me Pookie had eight to twelve weeks, and I had her almost two years past her diagnosis. Once you get past the shock ,you will enjoy every moment with Sock-M more than the last. It's a bittersweet, yet beautiful feeling.
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby 04100824 » July 27th, 2006, 11:11 pm

I'm so sorry to hear this...

:cry1: :cry1: :cry1: :cry1: :cry1: :cry1:

My thought are definately with you.
Confident Young Bully

Postby turtle » July 28th, 2006, 12:37 am

Oh no... I am so very sorry. It's just not fair! But please don't blame yourself, it is not your fault.

I hope you can find a treatment to help her and keep her with you as long as possible...
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby SpiritFngrz » July 28th, 2006, 8:15 am

Oh Therese, I am so sorry! I am late jumping in on this thread. Sock-M is such a beautiful girl- she's young and resilient- she will beat this with your support. Thinking good thoughts and saying prayers for her and you.
I don't know where you're located, but there are two very good places around here for chemo treatment. First, there is Tufts vet school 5 min. down the road from us. There is also the New England Veterinary Oncology Group http://www.nevog.com/ in Waltham, MA about 30 min. from here. If you ever need a place to stay our house is always open. :wink3:
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby Patch O' Pits » July 28th, 2006, 10:58 am

SpiritFngrz wrote:Oh Therese, I am so sorry! I am late jumping in on this thread. Sock-M is such a beautiful girl- she's young and resilient- she will beat this with your support. Thinking good thoughts and saying prayers for her and you.
I don't know where you're located, but there are two very good places around here for chemo treatment. First, there is Tufts vet school 5 min. down the road from us. There is also the New England Veterinary Oncology Group http://www.nevog.com/ in Waltham, MA about 30 min. from here. If you ever need a place to stay our house is always open. :wink3:

Thanks so very much
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Emi » July 28th, 2006, 11:06 am

Theresa, oh i'm so sorry to hear this , I just found this post , my heart and prayers go out to you and Sock-m...

:hug3:
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Pitcrew » July 30th, 2006, 7:14 pm

Sorry to chime in so late... guess I need get on more often.

Let me just say... been there. :(

I know how hard this must be for you. I will give you a hug when I finally meet you.

PM me if you want.
Pitcrew
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » July 31st, 2006, 9:39 am

Thanks

I just can't see myself without her here.
I'm praying for a miracle
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Patch O' Pits » August 1st, 2006, 4:15 pm

No good news at the oncologist today: she said we could try Chemo but treatment protocol for this type is still not really known. . I go to another apt on Thursday with a difernt vet

I continue to pray for a miracle and have faith

I am looking into two clinical trails that could possibly help her and other dogs inflicted with the disease.

Thanks so much again for the prayers and support for her
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby luvmyangels » August 1st, 2006, 4:21 pm

I am so sorry. :(
luvmyangels
I live here

PreviousNext

Return to Canine Cancer