Light a Candle, Save a Life

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby Mahlon » July 26th, 2006, 11:24 am

Light A Candle, Save A Life - Join The Annual My Dog Votes Worldwide Candlelight Vigil Against Breed Bans
CALLING ALL YOU ANGELS

LIGHT A CANDLE, SAVE A LIFE
The 2nd Annual My Dog Votes Worldwide Candlelight Vigil Against Breed Bans

SUNDAY, AUGUST 20th, 8 PM - SAVE THE DATE!

If you've thought of doing something about breed bans - the time is now. If you thought breed bans are senseless, cruel and just plain wrong, the time is now. If you are dog owner, a dog lover or love someone with dogs, the time is now.

Breed bans are sweeping North America and the world, and thousands of innocent dogs are being put to death at the hands of ignorant politicians, even taken from the arms of loving owners.

Please join thousands of dog owners worldwide on Sunday, August 20th, 2006 at 8 PM EST, to remember the victims of breed bans in the 2nd Annual My Dog Votes Worldwide Candlelight Vigil Against Breed Bans.

You can help put a stop to this senseless cruelty.

Standing In Solidarity

My Dog Votesâ„¢ is asking dog owners everywhere to help by holding local candlelight vigils and stand up in solidarity with dog owners in affected communities.

Light a candle on Sunday, August 20th to shed light on breed discrimination and help save the thousands of innocent dogs who will be put to death because of breed bans.

Light a candle on Sunday, August 20th and stand in solidarity with dog owners in Denver, where the city has confiscated and killed close to 1000 innocent dogs in the last year for being the "wrong breed".

Light a candle and stand in solidarity with dog owners in Canada to remember the innocent dogs killed in the Province of Ontario.

Light a candle and stand up for dogs in Portugal, Brazil, France and the UK. Light a candle and stand up for dogs in in Italy, France, Germany and Sweden. Light a candle in Australia and New Zealand and stand up for innocent dogs. If you love dogs, light a candle – you can help save a life.

Light a candle and remember the innocent dogs in California, in Massachussetts, and in Prince Georges County Maryland. Light a candle and stand up for innocent dogs in Richland, Mississippi, in Auburn, Washington, and in Mobile, Alabama. Light a candle for Spencer and the Denver 38.

How Many More - How Many Will Suffer?
The list of dog breeds being deemed dangerous or banned is growing by the day:

Akitas
American Pit Bull Terriers
American Staffordshire Terriers
Bull Terriers
Cane Corsos
Doberman Pinschers
Dogo Argentinos
Dogue de Bordeaux
Kuvacz
Mastiffs
Presa Canarios
Rottweilers
Staffordshire Bull Terriers
Tosa Inu
And in some communities - any dog over 100 lbs.
Instead of enforcing laws, they make these dogs suffer - they make their responsible owners suffer. Let's put an end to the suffering.

Stop The Spread of Fear and Hate

Light a candle and save a life. No matter where you are, no matter what breed of dog you own, tell you friends and neighbors. Tell every dog owner you know about this vigil, and ask them to join you. Gather your friends and family, your dog-loving neighbors.

No matter who you are, no matter what your faith, ask your spiritual leaders to bless the animals, to include mention this vigil in their messages to stop the slaughter of innocent dogs.

We must stop the spread of fear and hate.

We Can Stand Together

We can stand together to stop the spread fear, hate and ignorance. We can stand together to stop the slaughter of innocent dogs. We can stand together to overturn breed bans.

We can stand together to tell our elected officials:

STOP KILLING INNOCENT DOGS

And if they still don't listen to us, if they continue to slaughter innocent dogs, together we can take a stand to tell them My Dog Votesâ„¢ and vote them out of office.

Do It For The Dogs

My Dog Votesâ„¢ asks you to show your support and solidarity for innocent dogs by creating a candlelight vigil in your community.

Do it for Spencer and the Denver 38. Do it for all of the the dogs who have suffered or been slaughtered by ignorance.

My Dog Votes is asking that you gather peacefully in your local park or on the steps of your municipal building at 8 PM EST on Sunday, August 20th at 8 PM EST.

Hold A My Dog Votes Vigil In Your Town

Will you light a candle with us? Will you stand up for dogs? Will you stand up for your dog and mine?

Hold a vigil in your neighborhood and we will list it here on DogPolitics.com and MyDogVotes.com

Please send an email to: info@mydogvotes.com with the words "Candlelight Vigil" in the subject line. Please incude:

Your Name
Group, If Any
Email Address
Location of Your Vigil - Address, City, State/Province, Zip or Postal Code
Country
How Many Will Attend
Please bring signs, candles and a camera to your vigil. Tell them to Stop Breed Bans, tell them to Stop The Slaughter, tell them to Stop Killing Innocent Dogs. And make sure you tell them that My Dog Votesâ„¢ !

Gather peacefully, respectfully. Thank you.

CALLING ALL YOU ANGELS - LIGHT A CANDLE – SAVE A LIFE

My Dog Votes™ – Saving Dogs and Democracy™

Register To Vote, Your Vote Matters, Local Elections Count.
Mahlon
Just Whelped

Postby ilovemybacon » July 27th, 2006, 12:10 pm

I posted this on the main page but got no response. Are you organizing a group vigil? If so where? If not, do you want to...I would gladly help organize...please let me know.
Julie
ilovemybacon
Just Whelped

Postby Mahlon » July 27th, 2006, 4:28 pm

Hi, Julie!

Sorry, I missed your response!

We are going to set up a WORLDWIDE vigil--so everyone should be thinking about setting up a candle-lighting in their own town. It would be wonderful if you could help, Julie.

Step one is to let My Dog Votes know you'll be participating--the details on how to do it are here:

http://www.dogpolitics.com/ "Calling ALL you angels"

I'll also drop you a note privately!

Mahlon
Mahlon
Just Whelped

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL