38 pit bull seized from home in Denver

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby msvette2u » July 24th, 2006, 12:45 am

All ours are adopted and rescued :|
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » July 24th, 2006, 10:19 am

NcPrisonguard wrote:This blows me away.. 1500.. 1200.. 2000.. for dogs. Did ya'll pay that much for yours? I paid a total of 370.00 for both of my dogs, Boomer ( no papers 120.00) Cheyenne (BFKC, ABDA in process 250.00) I just can't imagine dropping that amount on a dog.

Though I'm not up on my pit bull pricing, for most papered dogs of any breed around here, from a good breeder, you're looking at a looooooooong waiting list (usually 1.5-2 years) and at the very least $1,000. When I was looking at Danes they were $1200 for pet quality and $1500+ for show. Though it's a lot of money in general, it is absolutely the norm in this area.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby luvmyangels » July 25th, 2006, 8:41 am

I just had a chance to read this thread and how disgusting the whole thing is. Those poor dogs. What a shame.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » July 25th, 2006, 1:15 pm

Latest article:

Council leader softens his pit bull stance

By Sarah Langbein, Rocky Mountain News
July 25, 2006
Denver City Council President Michael Hancock is a dog lover, but he's not a fan of pit bulls.

Still, after learning that three dozen pit bulls have been killed by the city because of a ban on the breed, he's been wondering if there could have been a different outcome.

On Monday, Hancock said he's considering proposing legislation that would allow the dogs to be adopted by someone outside Denver. Currently, Denver Animal Control euthanizes the dogs if their owners have been cited twice or more for violating the city's dog ordinance.

Hancock, who said he supports the city's ban, said he started thinking about the issue during the weekend and wants to talk to other council members and the city attorney.

Contintued here:
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/g ... 61,00.html
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Previous

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL