Disturbing & graphic video of pit bull tasered

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Jp » January 31st, 2006, 11:52 am

Romanwild wrote:I know the officer did what he had to do and I am thankful the dog wasn't killed.

I always wonder though if people would have reacted differently if it were a different breed.

I like the fact that Police have alternatives to deadly force to subdue a suspect (or dog). Actually they should have used the taser on the suspect!

The taser should have been used on the suspect.
Atleast the dog wasn't killed and they did use the taser, instead of a gun.
I just wish the police here in my city would have made that choice in a few incidents :(
I would like to know what happened before and after the video.
Jp
Just Whelped

Postby Romanwild » January 31st, 2006, 12:32 pm

Canadians are gun crazy. :D
Romanwild
I live here

Postby DemoDick » January 31st, 2006, 3:08 pm

The taser should have been used on the suspect.

Depending on each department's policy regarding use of the Taser, it might not have been an option. Some departments allow Taser deployment on a handcuffed resisting subject and some do not.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby LoveABull » January 31st, 2006, 5:58 pm

i can see why the dog was tazered... but it still wasn't easy to watch... very chaotic... and altho i heard what someone mentioned with the woman shouting "no no no"... the dog also made a rather horrible sounding whine-yelp sound right before-as it fell over the first time it got hit.

:-/ a suckie situation all the way around
Not all that can be counted, counts; not all that counts can be counted.
what's going on in my neck of the woods? check out the Aluma-blog!
LoveABull
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » January 31st, 2006, 6:48 pm

LoveABull wrote:i can see why the dog was tazered... but it still wasn't easy to watch... very chaotic... and altho i heard what someone mentioned with the woman shouting "no no no"... the dog also made a rather horrible sounding whine-yelp sound right before-as it fell over the first time it got hit.

:-/ a suckie situation all the way around

Yes, the dog yelped, but the ongoing screaching was not the dog.

In a more open environment, the dog would have been shot. I'm glad they tasered him.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Emi » January 31st, 2006, 7:07 pm

Ok , that dog did not look to have a collar on as I look at it again.

Who does the dog belong to ? The person on the bike ?
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby LoveABull » February 1st, 2006, 12:15 pm

i watched it thru twice actually... because it was so chaotic it was hard to tell what the heck was going on... but i noticed that one of the random people at the edge of the crowd seemed to be holding the dog, and lost their grip on it just as the camera hit the dog for the first time
Not all that can be counted, counts; not all that counts can be counted.
what's going on in my neck of the woods? check out the Aluma-blog!
LoveABull
Just Whelped

Previous

Return to Pit Bull Talk