hairloss

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby concreterose » July 24th, 2006, 7:26 am

mnp13 wrote:Because I've seen what mange looks like, I have read about mange, seen pictures of mange and that is not the issue unless he has a new form of it that has never been documented.

I just want to know how long it has taken other dogs to grow their coat back in fully.

It took Vicki's coat about a month and a half to fill back in. I didn't use any kind of treatment other than vitamins and nutritional though, so it probably took longer than it would with ivermectin or dips.
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby mnp13 » July 24th, 2006, 10:16 am

concreterose wrote:It took Vicki's coat about a month and a half to fill back in. I didn't use any kind of treatment other than vitamins and nutritional though, so it probably took longer than it would with ivermectin or dips.

That's not nearly as long as I was expecting!! GREAT!

You didn't use any drugs at all to get rid of the mange? wow. I wish more people would try that, it would be much easier on the dogs.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Maryellen » July 24th, 2006, 10:36 am

2 months with holistic care and oral ivermectin on you-know-who when i had him.. remember he was bald.
Maryellen
I live here

Postby concreterose » July 24th, 2006, 1:48 pm

mnp13 wrote:
concreterose wrote:It took Vicki's coat about a month and a half to fill back in. I didn't use any kind of treatment other than vitamins and nutritional though, so it probably took longer than it would with ivermectin or dips.

That's not nearly as long as I was expecting!! GREAT!

You didn't use any drugs at all to get rid of the mange? wow. I wish more people would try that, it would be much easier on the dogs.

Nope, none at all.
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » July 24th, 2006, 1:52 pm

When Munkee has done badly on kibble he has had hair loss, it is one of his symptoms of allergies. It usually takes just a few weeks for the hair to regrow after I switched his food.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Previous

Return to Nutrition & Health