Response Received on BSL letter!!!

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby southeasternpits » July 21st, 2006, 11:18 am

Here is the letter we wrote:

Please take time to read this, as a person in your position should respect the people and listen to what they have to say. (Thanks in advance)

This letter is obviously regarding the American Pit Bull Terrier issue.
I think that there are a few things people need to consider about these animals, for one, these dogs love people. They are the most loving and affectionate animals that I and many other people have come to know and love. If you think about it, they must be; otherwise people would not be able to steal them right out of their own yard. You have to consider this. If they were so aggressive, thieves would not take the chance of being mauled to death. (Right?) Another thing that bothers A LOT of people is the fact that it IS a form of racism/(breed)/prejudice. I mean honestly why don’t we just ban all of the people of with which we don’t agree?

These dogs were used in World War II; as serving their country, they saved their units and received a medal of honor. This should account for something. Instead of honoring them the way they should be, people are instead trying to destroy them.

Just because certain people commit crimes and do unlawful things, should not give you or anyone else the right judge or single out a particular issue.

Why aren’t we finding the people that are ABUSING these animals and making them what you and a lot of other people think they are? Would that take too much time? Is it just easier to say that ALL PIT BULLS ARE BAD? What is the real reason?

I, as well as other people would like to know the real reason behind decisions like yours. It is very unlawful! Two wrongs have never and will never make anything right!

You have put forth so much time in deciding that all pit bulls are bad and should be banned and have neglected to consider the real problem…people! People are what make the dogs (any dog, any breed) bad. I could very easily train all of our dogs (they are not all pit bulls either) to fight and kill. But they are so loving, and so caring, why would I?

I am more worried about getting in a plane, bus, train, or even in a car and going anywhere wondering if I am going to get killed by all of the terrorists that you all are allowing to wonder freely. (Look at Sept. 11th and all of the other times). I, among others believe that you should put forth more time and energy to finding and getting rid of these people, as they are more of a danger and threat to our society than any animal in this country is and will ever be.

The response we got:

Dear concerned owner,

We have come across many letters through the duration of this act.
Although, not all were as apprehending as this one. You have made some
good points, points to which I believe would have an affect on people.
After reading this letter I have put some thought into what was said. I
have contacts that I believe would be greatly impacted from this. I
will pass it along to as many people as I can. I will do my part in
helping the people of communities that are affected by BSL for all
breeds affected.

This is the greatest thing ever....well it is to us anyways!! We have sent so many letters, to so many people but this is the first response we have ever received!!
I guess maybe when you direct the problem to other real issues, it makes BSL seem rather small....THIS IS GREAT!!!
“Happy is the son whose faith in his mother remains unchallenged.”
southeasternpits
Just Whelped

Postby kymn25 » July 21st, 2006, 11:42 am

Wow... that is an awesome response. I am so impressed. Thanks for sending the letter.... :highfive:
Pit Bulls know they are THE face of extinction. All that remains is where they make their final stand. Say NO to BSL!

http://www.Ucarerescue.net
kymn25
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby southeasternpits » July 21st, 2006, 12:03 pm

No need to thank, just know that everybody sending letters where they can and making phone calls as much as possible will help put an end to all of this NONSENSE!!
“Happy is the son whose faith in his mother remains unchallenged.”
southeasternpits
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 21st, 2006, 1:16 pm

Well done! :rock:
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » July 22nd, 2006, 2:08 pm

NICE!
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby Sarahdee » August 3rd, 2006, 1:58 pm

Thats awsome!
I would like to send some letters also, are there any cities that are disputing this right now.
Can someone give me some info on who to send to or what I can do to help?

thanks
Sarahdee
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby BigDogBuford » August 3rd, 2006, 2:03 pm

Maybe I missed it, but who did you write this letter to?
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL