Foster home needed *graphic pics*

Postby Red » January 31st, 2006, 1:40 am

My name is “Princess” I am a two year old white and brindle Pit Bull. My previous mom and dad put a large chain around my neck when I was young and never removed it for me to grow. The chain grew into my neck and caused me a lot of pain. Their also was a carabineer attached onto the chain that pierced through the skin on the underside of my neck. I was also left chained in a small dog run that had very poor conditions. [...] When animal control put me on the truck to be taken away I gave the officer a great big kiss (I think I won her over). She then brought me to the office where another nice lady helped her take that big chain and carabineer out of my neck. While they did this I just sat patiently and kissed their faces. I am a very loving dog and just want a home where someone will love me back.
Thanks,
Princess

Hi my name is Crystal and I work for The City of Perris Animal Control in California. I picked up Princess on 1-17-06. She was taken to the vet and treated for her injuries and is doing very well. I see a lot of sad dog’s everyday and do realize that you cannot save them all. However there are those few dogs out their that really deserve the second chance and I feel Princess is one of them. Despite how she has lived most of her life she loves everyone she meets. She is a wonderful happy well adjusted dog that just wants to be loved. If there is a way your group can help her please let me know.

This good girl is located in South California and need a foster home or adoptive home asap.
Here is how she came at AC:

She was seen by a member of anther forum:

Instead, she's happy, confident, people-oriented and very, VERY friendly Mr. Green And on the ball...! In five minutes she was doing a lovely straight sit in front of me and shaking hands like a pro. (Teaching a dog to shake hands is a whole temperament test in itself lol ) It didn't matter that I was a stranger, or that treats---in a closed hand, at first---and tricks were a totally new experience for her. She figured it all right out thumbsup

I did NOT see her with other dogs. She got along very well with two small, non-pit bulls that shared her side yard, but Princess did a brief bit of fence fighting with a feisty male pit at the city yard, according to Crystal.

Princess has potential to burn, IMHO, and is begging for a job: obedience, agility, a good game of fetch. If I had room, I'd take her in a heartbeat.

As untrained, full of energy and bouncy as she is right now, I wouldn't turn her loose with an invalid (dog or human). For one thing, she's big and strong---she's going to weigh 55-60# or so once she's in decent shape. (Staring ribs still.) But with obedience training and daily exercise---as they say, a tired pit bull is a good pit bull---I can imagine what a terrific girl she'll be

If anyone can take her in I can help out transporting her somewhere.Please let me know if anyone can offer help.
Red
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Jesseca » January 31st, 2006, 3:04 am

Oh poor baby. She is beautiful, I hope someone can help
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby panda » January 31st, 2006, 3:22 am

Red, I really hope someone takes her soon. I love her sweet face :heartbeat:
Dead Dog Walking Pit Bull Rescue
http://deaddogwalkingpitbullrescue.org/
panda
Loyally Bully

Postby Emi » January 31st, 2006, 4:32 am

Oh poor baby I hope she finds a better home and some one whom will love her ..
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Purple » January 31st, 2006, 11:21 am

She's got a great support group, good luck with her placement!
Purple
I live here

Return to Rescue