Dock Diving Info- I hope it helps!

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby Mandee » July 6th, 2006, 9:00 am

My two girls Rox and Sabre are training to do this and I found the official site. It is DockDogs.com and the people there are very helpful and none I've ever met are anti-pit thehy love that they're doing something new and help some get good press. There's a forum and they will always help newcomers with tips, training, their training schedules. You can also find clubs and search for events in your area. I believe you can also register for events there. They have lots of helpful articles, and you can find training camps through there too. There are other pit jumpers there and they love it when another joins. And your dog doesn't have to jump big, for Big Air basically as long as they jump they can earn their novice title. But there is also EV Extreme Vertical and I can't remember how high you have to do for novice there. But I thought maybe that would help some of you out.

Another sight is by Tom Dropik who is always a big help on the DockDogs site. I believe it is SportMutt.com, you can get training info, tips, equipment, and even training videos through him.

Hope this helped!

Keep 'em jumpin'!
Mandee
Just Whelped

Postby Purple » July 6th, 2006, 9:38 pm

How nice of you to post this! Thank You!
Purple
I live here

Postby katiek0417 » July 7th, 2006, 6:35 am

Mandee,

Thank you!!! Now that I'll be living near a dock, I plan on really doing some work with Sacha on this!!!!
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Picturesque » July 21st, 2006, 8:00 am

We will be entering in our first dock diving competition in a few months. Can't wait! Has anyone been to one? What a great group of people and a fun sport to watch.

~Kie~
Picturesque
Just Whelped

Postby SisMorphine » July 21st, 2006, 8:16 am

If I asked my dogs to dive off of a dock they'd look at me like I had lost my mind.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby katiek0417 » July 21st, 2006, 10:49 am

SisMorphine wrote:If I asked my dogs to dive off of a dock they'd look at me like I had lost my mind.

Kinda the way my puppy looked at me...Sacha thinks it's great!!!! (dumb lab)
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Return to Sports