I am broken hearted

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby anissa » July 18th, 2006, 9:36 am

Ive been reading this post and dont know what to say. Sorry just isnt enough!

My thoughts and prayers are with you both! :heartbeat:
anissa
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Maryellen » July 18th, 2006, 10:28 am

therese, here is the holistic vet my friend used on her dogo with the kidney problems, the dog was supposed to live 3 months. she lived for 7 years... and i met the dog, and she was very healthy and spunky.. my friend lives in nj near me, so it was a hike for her to go to this vet, but she did it faithfully for 7 years..

Deva Khalsa Vet
Animal Healing Ctr.
Yardley, PA
215-493-0621
Maryellen
I live here

Postby pocketpit » July 18th, 2006, 2:57 pm

I'm very sorry to hear about your baby. I can of course relate tremendously right now since I'm going through the whole cancer thing with Brooks.
Even though I knew what the test results would be, I was totally devastated, lost, panicking and had nothing else on my mind.

Brooks is going through chemo right now and I'd be happy to share my experiences with you as well as some other information if you'd like to PM me. I also switched her diet to a more natural one.

If there's anything I can do to help please let me know. Brooks and I will be thinking of you!
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby Purple » July 18th, 2006, 7:37 pm

Therese, I am so sorry. Sock-M and you will be in my thoughts.

I, too had a dog with cancer and went the chemo route, so if you have any questions, feel free.....
Purple
I live here

Postby Patch O' Pits » July 18th, 2006, 7:58 pm

I honestly don't think I'd be this sane without all of you helping out.

She has anaplastic sarcoma. I don't know what stage. I still have yet to speak to the vet personally. Maybe tomorrow I'll have the strength. I did however send him up a list of questions that I wrote up since my words end up being me blubbering I thought that was better. Unfortuntely he was already gone for the day by then

I'd appreciate any help and stories

Your encouragment and prayers are keeping me going at this point along with my dogs of course who are always my rocks of support
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby JCleve86 » July 18th, 2006, 11:57 pm

Oh no...I just read this. I'm so sorry... :(

I've just got the young Boxers so I'm not much help, though I'm following this closely as, due to their breed, I'm sure they'll be on the same road when they get old. :(

I don't know much about it, but I hope she can remain the healthy happy girl she is for a long time to come. I'll keep you and Sock-M in my prayers.
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby msvette2u » July 19th, 2006, 1:36 am

I am so sorry - we're here for you, whatever decision you make! :groupHug:
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Patch O' Pits » July 19th, 2006, 10:10 am

I just joined a yahoo cancer group maybe that will help. I don't know

Special thanks to everyone for sharing stories of their dogs and for all the prayers , well wishes, e-mails and pms

kisses from Sock-M

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Maryellen » July 19th, 2006, 10:21 am

therese maybe contact the vet in PA that i posted above??
Maryellen
I live here

Postby muse » July 19th, 2006, 12:16 pm

anissa wrote:Ive been reading this post and dont know what to say. Sorry just isnt enough!

My thoughts and prayers are with you both! :heartbeat:

My thoughts exactly. Im so sorry. :(
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
muse
Confident Young Bully

Postby Sue » July 19th, 2006, 12:44 pm

I am so soory :(
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby Romanwild » July 19th, 2006, 1:06 pm

You and sock-m are in my thoughts.
Romanwild
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » July 19th, 2006, 1:40 pm

Patch O' Pits wrote:I just joined a yahoo cancer group maybe that will help. I don't know

Special thanks to everyone for sharing stories of their dogs and for all the prayers , well wishes, e-mails and pms

kisses from Sock-M

We love her too Therese.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby rockermom » July 19th, 2006, 4:17 pm

Sock it to em Sock em girl!!
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby kymn25 » July 19th, 2006, 4:59 pm

Ooohhh Gosh, I am so sorry for your family. My prayers are with you and Sock-M. Poor baby. She looks strong, so I have lots of hope for her complete recovery.
Pit Bulls know they are THE face of extinction. All that remains is where they make their final stand. Say NO to BSL!

http://www.Ucarerescue.net
kymn25
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Patch O' Pits » July 19th, 2006, 5:05 pm

Today is my mom's b-day. She died of Breast cancer in 1985. I took Sock-M to the cemetary with me . I haven't been there in years. I wasn't even quite sure where the site was. I got out of the car with my sister, goddaughter and Sock-M. She pulled me right to my mom's stone and stopped. She new right where to go.
I left pictures of all the dogs there for her, my aunt and grandmother
It is a very emotional day for me.

Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby lluksa » July 19th, 2006, 5:53 pm

Therese, I can't say anything that anyone else hasn't said already. I will pray for your sweet Sock-M as well.
Lisa

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on" Franklin D. Roosevelt
lluksa
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Asta » July 19th, 2006, 6:29 pm

Oh Therese, i am so terrible sorry :( I dont know what to say that noone else has already said, but i hope and believe that Sock-M will sock that disease being as young and strong as she is! Much love to you both from me and Guinness :)

Cheers,

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby Patch O' Pits » July 20th, 2006, 11:37 am

She has been very mopey. I hope it is just because she isn't allowed to play

now I second guess everything she does... which probably isn't good. I need to learn to relax so I don't stress her more

Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby tradewind » July 20th, 2006, 4:51 pm

Theresa,

So sorry to hear about Sock M.. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and for her for a long life ahead.
Not sure what you are feeding right now, but as mentioned, perhaps looking into the RAW diet, or a more natural one will be beneficial for her.

Take Care,

Monique
tradewind
Snot Nose Bully Pup

PreviousNext

Return to Canine Cancer