Fredricksburg VA Convention Oct 7th Website added**

AL, AR, FL, GA, KY , LA, MS, NC, SC, TN, VA, WV

Postby Maryellen » July 19th, 2006, 12:17 pm

Hi Everyone,
there is a Convention at the Fredericksburg VA convention center Oct 7th.
I have been given a few free booths for it, and I already gave one booth to the ADOA. I have one more booth left, and it has to go to a rescue group. The rescue group that goes gets part of the proceeds from the show.

now, the kicker is it will be ALOT of bully breeders.. yes i know, BUT, the woman who is running this that gave me the 2 free booths so that rescue and BSL opposers can go and at least be heard.. The woman Deanna also wants someone to speak on the stage about BSL, and how it harms the breed..

now, if people can just get along at this expo, breeders and rescuers, this could be a good thing.

Anyway,here is the info for any rescue in VA or close that wants the booth..

now, i know how many of us feel about breeders, BUT, this is a chance at a FREE booth at an expo and a chance to talk to everyone on stage...soo, if any reputable rescue wants to go, please email Deanna at dnddynasty@aol.com

Yes it will be free for who I select. Thank you Mary Ellen. I also contacted adoa and they are still a go!

It is Oct 7th 2006. It just has to be a rescue that will co- exist with breeders. Hence they are holding the convention. Its will be in Fredricksburg , Va.

LINK: http://www.bullyconvention.com/

heard someone was complaining over the weekend that all this other promotion we have been doing for the October event has nothing to do with BSL.

Well, they are wrong.

Why are people always so negative?
We will have speakers there to talk about BSL's and how to fight them.
We will have people on hand to give out information on BSL's.
We will make fighting BSL's the main focus of the event!

But,
We need to get people there.
We advertised some of the top dogs in the breed as attending.
Why? Because dog lovers will want to come to see them.
We included Music, models, cars, bikes, etc..
Why? To draw in more people.

The real important part is us a representatives of the breed, have to show the dogs in a positive way.
That's what this is really about.
Promoting the breed in a positive way.
These different types of promotion are what make this event unique.
This time we are drawing people in by the masses, and not just our regular community.
This is the first time we have had a venue with this many people attending.
This is our chance to promote our breed in a positive way, and have thousands of people seeing them.
All the negative publicity around our breed, it was time for something positive.

This is why we have surrounded the event with other things.
All of that is to draw in people and hopefully show off our breed to them different than they have ever seen before!

So stop with the negativity and that other crap! That only adds more negativity to the breed. Don't knock it until you try it, well at least we are trying something.

Some things I am sure of:
It will be fun!
The dogs will get some positive promotion.
New people will experience our breed and community.

This is the first time the East Coast has had an event like this.
We have spent over $50,000 to pull this off.
So yes, we will promote in many different ways to draw in a crowd.
But, yes we will address and hopefully make an impact on BSL's!
People make the laws, we need to change alot of peoples perceptions of the breed.
The media has been our enemy.
This time let's create our own media and fight back with positive publicity!
If you want to be negative, then you are a cancer within our breed!

We are doing this for the breed
come join us

http://www.BullyConvention.com

All 90 who reserved booths, fill out the form on http://www.BullyConvention.com
The checks make payable to: Razors Edge Entertainment, only!
We will send you a booth packet with all the information you need.
It will give you the time for set up, location, location of your booth, hotels, directions, etc..
We will also have a staff on hand to help you unload your dogs.

Can we get more Bully support???
Let show the world why this is Americas true breed and need to be protected!

Last edited by Maryellen on July 21st, 2006, 9:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
Maryellen
I live here

Postby PittieLove » July 19th, 2006, 2:22 pm

thats going to be fun
breeders who make puppies, rescuers who get them.

but anyways, hope it is fun :greenWave:
Bulldog Pride.
PittieLove
Confident Young Bully

Postby mnp13 » July 19th, 2006, 3:34 pm

please find out the times and add the event to the calendar!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Maryellen » July 19th, 2006, 3:42 pm

i am waitng for the info, i got the ADOA a free booth there, and now i can get a rescue a free booth..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby odessa » September 3rd, 2006, 9:48 pm

Is the free booth for a Rescue group still available? My group might be interested. Thank you.
"It takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place." - From Through the Looking Glass, by Lewis Carroll
odessa
Just Whelped

Postby Jessie's_mom » October 8th, 2006, 1:19 pm

Well, the convention was interesting. It was nice to have a pit bull related event in an area where they get such a bad name. However, those that attended with their dogs (the one's with booths...and venders) were mostly the type that you see that want the biggest bully possible because they look cool (picture the most stereotypical person to own a pit and that's mainly who was there). The other thing that really bugged me was that they had rows and rows of breeders and then the (approx.) 4 boothes set up for none breeders (the rescues, ASPCA, and BSL groups) were stuck to the side, completely separated from the real "action" of the rest of the venue.
It would be nice if it could become more of a breed realted event instead of a breeder event, spending time focusing on the reputaion of the breed not how big you can breed your dogs. Maybe a fund raiser for a local rescue or an integrated rescue/breeder set up. They were selling puppies, maybe they could bring dogs that need rescuing instead.
If they make an annual thing of this, I will attend again, because it was nice to have a pit bull realted event here in Va.

(They had one booth that would do an airbrushed portrait of your dog....I was so bummed that I didn't have a pic of my baby :( )
"To Be Great Is To Be Misunderstood."-Emerson
Jessie's_mom
Just Whelped

Return to South East