outa the crate

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby mnp13 » July 17th, 2006, 2:58 pm

Who is Mike?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SisMorphine » July 17th, 2006, 3:04 pm

mnp13 wrote:Who is Mike?

Charlie's new name.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby mnp13 » July 17th, 2006, 3:10 pm

I thought he was going to be Dexter?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SisMorphine » July 17th, 2006, 5:16 pm

mnp13 wrote:I thought he was going to be Dexter?

*pssst* Hey Admin. Keep it on topic :D
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby mnp13 » July 17th, 2006, 7:40 pm

SisMorphine wrote:
mnp13 wrote:I thought he was going to be Dexter?

*pssst* Hey Admin. Keep it on topic :D

hey member - don't tell the Queen bitch of the forum what to do.

:fastRoll:
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby rockermom » July 17th, 2006, 8:28 pm

Oh thanks Maryellen for reminding me about under the sink stuff. When my kids were young I had cabinet locks. My dads dog who was a Wym/Lab was so smart. He had a child fridge lock. This was 16 years ago before he knew about crates and training etc. She figured out how to open the lock. Got in the fridge and ate some old spanish hot soup like a chilli or something. He was up with her all night thought she was going to die. She was a puppy at the time. That was only one of the things she figured out. My dad also recommended to move the dogfood to an upper cabinet or get locks although it was a short time for his dog to figure out the locks. I go back and forth about the crate. Last 2 nights he slept out of the crate. Short couple of hours that I am out I have left him out. Maybe if I go for a long day again I will have my friend come and take him for an afternoon walk and then crate him. Otherwise if you all leave your dogs for 7 hrs I guess it is fine. It is just that I am rarely out for that many hours since I stay at home mom so Rocky is just not use to the house being empty and being crated that long except for the evening. Thanks everyone!
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Previous

Return to Training & Behavior