Meet Charlie!

Postby SisMorphine » July 10th, 2006, 9:10 am

This is Charlie, my newest foster. I brought him home Sat night/Sun morning. He's an Akita/pit bull mix, about a year, year and a half, old. He was at the shelter and was going to be PTS because shelter staff said he was mean. He growled.

Well come to find he wasn't growling, he was just a grumbly gus! Everytime he was given a command (sit, down, etc) he would do it, but would growl and grumble the whole way through. Talk about a dog with personality!! So he's been with a trainer for about a month or so now, and I've taken him on as a training foster. This way I learn how to train correctly, and he learns some good manners and cool tricks.

So without further ado, here's Charlie doing his "sit pretty"

Also it's been a crazy two weeks for fosters here! First I picked up a Dogue de Bordeaux. She was in my car for an hour, didn't even make it back to my house, when she was adopted by one of my friends on our way home. Then I took on a Malanois pup who I had for only 5 days and he was placed in a home (I BAWLED my eyes out . . . this dog was awesome . . . I rarely ever cry when placing fosters and have definitely never cried like this). And now I have Charlie, who will probably be a longer term foster so I can get my training skills underway and he can become an intensely trained beast. Either way, he's a cutie, and so far has been very quiet (maybe Halo can learn something from this, the pain in the butt annoying loud mouth that he is).

So now my house is filled with three big brindle boys. I'm beginning to notice a pattern . . .
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 10th, 2006, 9:14 am

Oh he's cute! You should post this in the gallery section - too many of us never check the rescue section!
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby SisMorphine » July 10th, 2006, 9:17 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Oh he's cute! You should post this in the gallery section - too many of us never check the rescue section!

Yeah I'm going to try to get some more pics of him today and then I'll post in gallery. He's a handsome beast.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby Hoyden » July 10th, 2006, 9:17 am

You forgot that Charlie can stand on his hind legs and walk backwards!!

Mister Charlie needs some collar love. Measure him please.

I want to try out a new leather paint on him too.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Patch O' Pits » July 10th, 2006, 10:02 am

very cute and talented too
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby SpiritFngrz » July 10th, 2006, 2:08 pm

Mr. Charlie is quite the looker!
I love how he sits pretty!
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » July 17th, 2006, 11:27 am

Oh screw it he's staying.

And his name's been changed to Mike. Mike Hunt.
SisMorphine

Postby Maryellen » July 17th, 2006, 11:33 am

WHAT??? you are adopting him?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » July 17th, 2006, 11:41 am

Don't name him THAT!!!!! :wink: I'm glad he's staying!!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby SisMorphine » July 17th, 2006, 11:45 am

cheekymunkee wrote:Don't name him THAT!!!!! :wink: I'm glad he's staying!!!

Dude, it was a long hard road to find a name for him and that name is simply perfection! Just imagine it being anounced at competitions . . .
SisMorphine

Postby SisMorphine » July 17th, 2006, 11:47 am

Maryellen wrote:WHAT??? you are adopting him?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Thanks :) After training with him at the seminar all weekend I think we're a damn good match. He's an awesome dog and I am going to learn A LOT about training by working with him.
SisMorphine

Postby Hoyden » July 17th, 2006, 1:14 pm

Mike Hunt, MIKE HUNT, MIKEHUNT, MIKEHUNT, MIKEHUNT

Say it real fast.

:fastRoll: :fastRoll::fastRoll::fastRoll::fastRoll:
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Maryellen » July 17th, 2006, 2:23 pm

was that american graffiti where the kid called the diner, and the girl answered and he said, is mike hunt there?? he did another prank call too... it was an older movie that i remember..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Magnolia618 » July 17th, 2006, 7:35 pm

SisMorphine wrote:
cheekymunkee wrote:Don't name him THAT!!!!! :wink: I'm glad he's staying!!!

Dude, it was a long hard road to find a name for him and that name is simply perfection! Just imagine it being anounced at competitions . . .

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.â€
Magnolia618
I live here

Return to Rescue