I am broken hearted

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby Patch O' Pits » July 17th, 2006, 12:34 pm

Can't really type much now as my heart is broken because my baby girl Sock-M has cancer
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby cheekymunkee » July 17th, 2006, 12:38 pm

Oh my gawd, I am sooo very sorry Therese. I wish there were something I could do, something I could say to make you feel better. I am so sorry. Keep your head up, we are here for you in every way.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Vanessa » July 17th, 2006, 12:40 pm

I am so sorry for Sock-M and you. I really hope that she can beat this. Stay strong for her. I had a dog with cancer and she went on to live a happy and healthy life for many years. PM me if you want any details :hug3:
R.I.P Ozzy my precious angel. You were loved every minute of every day.
Vanessa
Confident Young Bully

Postby Maryellen » July 17th, 2006, 12:41 pm

oh therese, i am so sorry to hear this.. i dont know what to say, but we are all here for you.. prayers going your way and Sock-M's way too..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby babyreba » July 17th, 2006, 12:49 pm

oh no, no, no, i'm so sorry to hear this awful news. :cry:
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby luvmyangels » July 17th, 2006, 1:00 pm

I am sooooooo sorry!!! You are both in my prayers. I have a special pet prayer candle I will burn for her.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » July 17th, 2006, 1:12 pm

I am so sorry :( What type of cancer? What's her prognosis?
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Jenn » July 17th, 2006, 1:15 pm

Bless your heart, how devastating. :( I'm so sorry to hear that as well. :hug3:
Jenn
undecided

Postby Hoyden » July 17th, 2006, 1:25 pm

Oh Gods. I am so so sorry!
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby concreterose » July 17th, 2006, 2:01 pm

Patch O' Pits wrote:Can't really type much now as my heart is broken because my baby girl Sock-M has cancer

Oh no. I know how you feel :(
Keep your head and hopes up. Sock-M is strong and healthy otherwise. With your responsibility and care, she can live a long, full life still!
You will all be in my prayers.
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » July 17th, 2006, 2:32 pm

They want to do chemo.
I have not talked to the vet as I can't bring myself to do so yet.
My BF relayed the info to me.

Having watched family members die of cancer and seeing it daily on therapy dog visits to the hospital; I'm having a very hard time with this
I am pretty much a big mess at this point crybaby

Thanks everyone for caring about Sock-M

Any advice is appreciated

Sorry for the short response

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 17th, 2006, 2:33 pm

Oh God Therese, I'm so sorry. Even though I've never met you or your dogs, I know how much you love them. I'm so sorry. :(
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby concreterose » July 17th, 2006, 2:59 pm

Patch O' Pits wrote:They want to do chemo.
I have not talked to the vet as I can't bring myself to do so yet.
My BF relayed the info to me.

Having watched family members die of cancer and seeing it daily on therapy dog visits to the hospital; I'm having a very hard time with this
I am pretty much a big mess at this point crybaby

Thanks everyone for caring about Sock-M

Any advice is appreciated

Sorry for the short response

Therese,
What kind of cancer does Sock-M have? I did chemo with Pookie for about three months, and it did help, but I decided to stop it because of her age. Many people have have success with it, but you have to decide what you want to do.
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » July 17th, 2006, 4:29 pm

Vanessa, I'm sure I'll be bugging you. I'm feeling guilty for crying as I know I am just upsetting the dogs

concreterose wrote:Therese,
What kind of cancer does Sock-M have? I did chemo with Pookie for about three months, and it did help, but I decided to stop it because of her age. Many people have have success with it, but you have to decide what you want to do.

I honestly don't know I know it is supposedly are and has to do with the muscle. I really just can't talk to the vet yet and my BF did the best he could to relay the info to me.

How often did Pookie have to have treatments? What type was the cancer. Did it seem to make a difference ? did it make it worse?

I am sooooooo sorry!!! You are both in my prayers. I have a special pet prayer candle I will burn for her.
Thanks that means a lot

Thank you all so much

Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Vanessa » July 17th, 2006, 4:35 pm

You won't be bugging me at all. I'm happy to offer any advice or personal experiances that might be of help. Since she's so young and healthy otherwise i'm sure she still has a long happy life ahead of her.
R.I.P Ozzy my precious angel. You were loved every minute of every day.
Vanessa
Confident Young Bully

Postby concreterose » July 17th, 2006, 6:59 pm

Patch O' Pits wrote:How often did Pookie have to have treatments? What type was the cancer. Did it seem to make a difference ? did it make it worse?

Thank you all so much

Pookie was getting treatments weekly, then bi-weekly, and was supposed to go to monthly treatements, but I stopped getting them. She tolerated them very well, and did not get sick at all. It helped somewhat, but she kept getting tumors in different areas when they would leave. Every dog is different though!
She had mast cell cancer.
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby mnp13 » July 17th, 2006, 7:48 pm

CR - didn't I read on another thread that you found that the raw diet made a difference for Pookie?

I am so sorry to hear this news, I hope things go well for her.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » July 17th, 2006, 9:28 pm

:( I'm sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you and her.
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby concreterose » July 17th, 2006, 10:05 pm

mnp13 wrote:CR - didn't I read on another thread that you found that the raw diet made a difference for Pookie?

I am so sorry to hear this news, I hope things go well for her.

Yes. Once I removed all cooked protein and grain from her diet, she stopped getting new mast cell tumors, after getting new tumors every two weeks or so...even with chemo.
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby ellie@ny » July 18th, 2006, 7:43 am

Oh Therese... :cry:
I hope everything will be alright with your babygirl!!!
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Next

Return to Canine Cancer