Rashes

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby rockermom » July 14th, 2006, 1:49 pm

Today after a long hot walk we noticed lots of raised bumps in one area of Rocky's dark hair patch on his side. It looks like it could be a rash or bites. Later I noticed a welt and very red skin where his harnes goes. His skin has been sensitive lately. He has a red line across his belly where his harness strap lies. Im thinking it is some kind of reaction to something he rubed against on our walk. However I have an apt for later today for the vet. He did break out with something similar around christmas time where his around his eyebrow was all swolen and rashy looking. After a few hours it went down. I cant remember what the vet recommended. I suppose to put something like cold compress. Anyway I was able to cancell the apointment for next morning cause the swelling went down in a few hours. We think he ran into or brushed into the artificial christmas tree branch. What can I do to get the rash swelling down?
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby rockermom » July 14th, 2006, 1:56 pm

Also just want to mention that marks and scratches show up on him very easily with his white hair and pink skin.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby Jenn » July 14th, 2006, 9:18 pm

What did the vet say? Poor guys everyone and their rashes, lol. He reminds me so much of Maddie. :)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Maryellen » July 15th, 2006, 9:38 am

it could be his walking harness was chafing his skin due to the heat. it has been very very hot lately, and maybe you should walk him on a collar in the heat for now??
Maryellen
I live here

Postby rockermom » July 15th, 2006, 12:13 pm

Well he definately had harness welts but this area is not where the harness is. Vet says nothing to worry about He did not see much of anything. Said either bug bites, hives, heat rash. With his type of skin and hair things that would not be noticed on most dogs show up. My usual vet is in Isreal (hope he is safe). So went to different guy who said Rocky looks great. His ears looked great and he looks strong and in good health. Maryellen I think you are right I should just walk him with regular collar. Just was taking a long walk and there are lots of crazy dogs and loose dogs and I have an easier time with him on the harness. So maybe I will use the slip choke or something.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Return to Nutrition & Health