Guardians Of The Night

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby Malli » July 13th, 2006, 2:55 pm

Guardians Of The Night

Trust in me my friend for I am your comrade. I will protect you with my last breath. When all others have left you and the loneliness of the night closes in, I will be at your side.

Together we will conquer all obstacles, and search out those who might wish harm to others. All I ask of you is compassion, the caring touch of your hands. It is for you that I will unselfishly give my life, and spend my nights unrested. Although our days together may be marked by the passing of the seasons, know that each day at your side is my reward.

My days are measured by the coming and going of your footsteps. I anticipate them at every opening of the door. You are the voice of caring when I am ill. The voice of authority when I’ve done wrong.

Do not chastise me unduly for I am your right arm, the sword at your side. I attempt to do only what you bid of me. I seek only to please you and remain in your favour.

Together you and I shall experience a bond only others like us will understand. When outsiders see us together their envy will be measured by their disdain.

I will quietly listen to you and pass no judgement, nor will your spoken words be repeated. I will remain ever silent, ever vigilant, and ever loyal. And when our time together is done and you move on in the world, remember me with kind thoughts and tales, for a time we were unbeatable. Nothing passed among us undetected.

If we should meet again on another street I will gladly take up your fight. I am a Police Working Dog and together we are Guardians Of The Night.

Author Unknown

I found this on the Vancouver police(in Canada) website, in the section that has honored their fallen police K9s.
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 13th, 2006, 4:05 pm

I really like that.
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby katiek0417 » July 13th, 2006, 4:23 pm

I have several friends that are K9 officers....mind if I sent that over to them?
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Malli » July 13th, 2006, 9:15 pm

I have no objections. I'm sure the handlers at the vancouver police dept. would be happy that other police men and women would read it as well

I also thought it was a really great poem.

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby cheekymunkee » July 14th, 2006, 11:59 am

I like that too
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Return to Sports