Possible Ivan Balabanov seminar

CT, DE, DC, IN, ME, MD, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT

How much would you be willing to pay for both days?

100-150
20%
150-200
40%
200-250
No votes
250-300
20%
300-UP
20%

Total votes : 5

Postby Cuda » July 10th, 2006, 3:03 pm

Hi NE people,

I was thinking about trying to get Ivan Balabanov out this way for a semiar.

Please check him out over here
http://www.malinois.com/otvitosha/
http://www.malinois.com/otvitosha/accomplishment.htm
He is truly at the top of the ladder.

SOOO what i need to figure out is how many people would be interested in this?

If anyone has a possible location we could use?

I added a poll about pricing just to try to figure out the LEAST amount of people we could have so that everyone gets as much time in as possible.

Of course we will have to pay him for his time and services. Also we may have to rent a field from someone.

I of course will be paying me way just as anyone else. I wont make a penny on this and anything left over once we've paid him will go towards food and refreshments for all.

Im starting this here as id like to keep it kinda in the family if you know what i mean. After a few days im going to post it other places but the people here will be given first dibbs. Please respond quickly as id like to get it scheduled as early as possible. His schedule fills up REAL quick.

AGAIN ID LIKE TO KEEP THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE AS LOW AS POSSIBLE SO EVERYONE GETS A TON OF TIME ONE ON ONE WITH HIM AND THEIR DOG.
Cuda
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Cuda » July 10th, 2006, 3:19 pm

Okay i see someone has replied but hasnt left any name or anything.

Please at least reply with an IM IN! or something of the sort so i can keep a count.
Cuda
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby ellie@ny » July 10th, 2006, 7:50 pm

I think It's a good idea,but I saw on his website he already has scheduled for a NH seminar? :| If it would be in NJ or NY or CT I would go 100%.
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Cuda » July 10th, 2006, 9:50 pm

ellie@ny wrote:I think It's a good idea,but I saw on his website he already has scheduled for a NH seminar? :| If it would be in NJ or NY or CT I would go 100%.

His NH seminar is booked solid... Only space for spectators left.
Also his Albany one is booked the same way.
Cuda
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Cuda » July 11th, 2006, 4:28 pm

Wow im really surprised. 40-something views and only 2 responses. I figured alot of you sport people would be really up for this.

Well im going to wait until tommarow until i start posting this to other places and asking other people.

Adios for now all
Bryan
Cuda
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » July 11th, 2006, 4:38 pm

How much is the NH seminar?

I hate to let economics get in the way, but it's a fact of life. :|
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SisMorphine » July 11th, 2006, 5:26 pm

Unless it was around the corner from my house, I don't have the cash to pay someone to cover the kennel for me to go. But if you do end up getting it together, have fun!!!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Cuda » July 11th, 2006, 10:02 pm

mnp13 wrote:How much is the NH seminar?

I hate to let economics get in the way, but it's a fact of life. :|

I dont have a clue how much the NH seminar is. When i called them they were down to spectators only though.

Personally id much rather be able to work my own dog and have him work my dog than just watch someone else working their dog.

Sis - As long as you know long enough in advance you might be able to have schedule cleared.
Cuda
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby katiek0417 » July 11th, 2006, 11:19 pm

I tell you what, I'd be willing to pay a good amount of money to work with him....

Personally, I think this guy is amazing. I'd be willing to pay any price to work with him...and I know several other people here who would do the same....

So, honestly, if you can get him up there, you just tell me...I will spread the word...you wouldn't have any problem getting people to come...(Just save a spot for me, please)....
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Cuda » July 11th, 2006, 11:33 pm

katiek0417 wrote:I tell you what, I'd be willing to pay a good amount of money to work with him....

Personally, I think this guy is amazing. I'd be willing to pay any price to work with him...and I know several other people here who would do the same....

So, honestly, if you can get him up there, you just tell me...I will spread the word...you wouldn't have any problem getting people to come...(Just save a spot for me, please)....

Ive spoken to him on the phone and its not a problem for us to get him up here. Let me know how many people you have for SURE and ill keep spots for all of you. I would like to keep it around 10 teams maybe 12 max so that everyone gets a good amount of time each day. If we figure on an 9 hour training day including lunch and coffee time (so really 8 hours training). Divided by 10 teams everyone would get about 45 min's personally each day. Thats a good few sessions per person per day in all reality.

If everyone is willing to put up as much as i hope we can have some serious training and some serious BBQ'in. What could be better?? As a matter of fact i just came up with a good name for the weekend (well good in my head anyway) "The Grippin' and Grillin' Weekend"

Anyway.. Ill wait for your reply

Bryan
Cuda
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » July 12th, 2006, 9:42 am

I agree that I'd rather work my dog than watch other people work theirs...

I asked about the price of the NH seminar because that would give an idea of the "going rate"
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Cuda » July 13th, 2006, 9:16 pm

mnp13 wrote:I agree that I'd rather work my dog than watch other people work theirs...

I asked about the price of the NH seminar because that would give an idea of the "going rate"

The problem with the "going rate" is that those seminars could have anywhere upto 20 handler/dog teams i want to keep it low to around 10-12 so everyone gets a ton of personal time.

So going rate if its low and doesnt cover the cost doesnt do much for us.
Cuda
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » July 17th, 2006, 2:02 pm

Well then, the math is easy - how much does he charge for a weekend seminar?
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Cuda » July 19th, 2006, 6:34 pm

Its not only what he charges though. We have to pay for his flight and hotel room on top of his charge for the seminar. Plus have to pay for location to host it. I would like to be able to include food and drinks in the seminar price if possible.

Im figuring on the middle of sept so everyone and the dogs arent out there dying in the heat. On top of that its probably alot easier for him to work when its a little cooler.. I know i wouldnt want to be wrestling dogs in a suit or even talking with any sort of enthusiasm in the weather weve had lately.
Cuda
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » July 19th, 2006, 6:45 pm

ok, seminar cost + $250 flight + $200 hotel = ???

it's kind of a useless discussion if there is not somthing to go on. I know there will be other expenses to figure in as well, but the above figure would be a baseline to go from.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Cuda » July 24th, 2006, 9:34 am

With all costs incured im figuring were somewhere around 300 per handler/dog team for the weekend. Ellie has spoken to the lady she trains with who has offered to allow us to use her place. Im trying to figure out the date before i contact her though. Right now the date for me is rough. I got hit with community service for driving while suspended 3 years ago that i have to attend weekends now. I will have more info of when it can be done probably the second week of august.
Cuda
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to North East