Show in CT and NJ ?

CT, DE, DC, IN, ME, MD, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT

Postby ellie@ny » July 4th, 2006, 3:13 pm

Is anybody planning to go to these shows???

JULY 9.
SLEEPING GIANT KENNEL CLUB
HAMDEN - Inside Show Site
2 Conformation Shows & 2 Junior Showmanship Events
Entries 8-9 am, Shows at 9:30 am
Day Of Show Entries $25; Junior Showmanship no charge; Pre-Entries $20 if received by June 28.
Paws 'N' Effect, 36 Corporate Dr; I-91 - Exit 10 - Rt 40. Right onto Rt. 10 (Whitney Ave.), go approx. 1.5 miles, left onto Sherman Ave. (Dunkin’ Donuts on left), 1.1 miles, right onto Corporate Ridge to end. Wilbur Cross, Merit Parkway: Rt. 15 S: Exit 62 turn right onto Whitney Ave N. Follow above. Rt. 15 N: Exit 60 (Dixwell Ave.), left at exit. 8 miles, bear left at Duchess Diner, go thru light onto Shepard Ave, 4 lights, right onto Sherman Lane, 1st left onto Sherman Ave., Go 1.5 miles. Left onto Corporate Ridge. Building on left. I-84 – Exit onto 691, first exit (Cheshire, Rt. 10 S), follow through Cheshire into Hamden (Rt. 10, becomes Whitnet Ave.), take right onto Sherman Ave. follow above. http://www.geocities.com/sleepinggiantkc
Chairperson: Nancy Valley valleyfamily@snet.net
Event Secretary: Joyce Leach, 566 Cook Hill Rd, Cheshire CT 06410 (203) 272-6615 or (203) 214-6406 jleach7919@aol.com

JULY 15

GARDEN STATE KENNEL CLUB
BRIDGTON - Outside Show Site
Conformation; Junior Showmanship
Jul 15; Show 1 Entries 7-8 am, Show 9 am; Show 2 Entries 11-12 noon, Show 1 pm
Jul 16; Entries 7-8 am, Show 9 am
Day Of Show Entries $20; Junior Showmanship $5; Pre-Entries $15 if received by July 7.
Circle D Farm, 466 Centerton Road (856) 575-0496; From Route 55 traveling South: Exit 35B, Route 674. Go west on Rt. 674 to Route 553. Go south (left) on Route 553. This will be Centerton Road. Stay on Route 553 South to show site on right. From Route 55 traveling North: Exit 27 for Route 47, Delsea Drive. Take Route 47 North (right turn at end of exit ramp) to Route 540. Take Route 540 West (left turn) to Centerton Road. You will see the Centerton Inn. Turn left onto Centerton Road or Route 553 South to show site on right.
Chairperson: Dolores Girard (609) 425-2305 milor@comcast.net
Event Secretary: Julia Bonelli, 36 Mackeys Lane, Leesburg NJ 08327 (856) 785-2127 jbonel54@aol.com
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby mnp13 » July 5th, 2006, 12:24 pm

I'm not attending any shows that don't have performance events. It's too expensive and the performance is what I'm really there for, the conformation is just a side line now that Riggs has his CH.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Cuda » July 6th, 2006, 2:03 pm

mnp13 wrote:I'm not attending any shows that don't have performance events. It's too expensive and the performance is what I'm really there for, the conformation is just a side line now that Riggs has his CH.

Amen Sista!!! Preach On!!!

Now anyone who knows me knows i love doggies. BUTTTT sitting there watching them walk in a circle is about as bad as NASCAR if you ask me. I know Cuda isnt doing much in the show ring either so for me to attend would be a waste of my time but i really want to get some obedience titles on him if anyone knows of any in the area.
Cuda
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » July 6th, 2006, 2:21 pm

Cuda wrote:
mnp13 wrote:I'm not attending any shows that don't have performance events. It's too expensive and the performance is what I'm really there for, the conformation is just a side line now that Riggs has his CH.

Now anyone who knows me knows i love doggies. BUTTTT sitting there watching them walk in a circle is about as bad as NASCAR if you ask me. I know Cuda isnt doing much in the show ring either so for me to attend would be a waste of my time but i really want to get some obedience titles on him if anyone knows of any in the area.

lol

and now to drag this thread off topic... you going to K9STS next weekend for the seminar?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby ellie@ny » July 6th, 2006, 5:13 pm

I was planning to go to this weekend show(showing a male pup),but not anymore,something else came up! :wink:
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Cuda » July 7th, 2006, 8:08 am

mnp13 wrote:
Cuda wrote:

lol

and now to drag this thread off topic... you going to K9STS next weekend for the seminar?

Nah!!! Were actually going to be up there the first week of august to spend a few days up there and for the MAD summer challenge.
Cuda
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Karen » July 8th, 2006, 5:51 pm

Actually supporting Sleeping Giant is a good idea. This is their second show and they have Obedience and are thinking about possibly adding agility at some point. With all the clubs that do performance etc. scraping by on a shoe string hitting this one is a good idea and will help them expand in the future. They are the only UKC club brave enough to have a show in January up here.

We sadly aren't going Kelly has to work and we have an open house thing for realtors tomorrow.
Karen, Cuddles, Dilly the Understudy, and Rowdy the Ruckus Raiser
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Postby mnp13 » July 8th, 2006, 8:02 pm

I don't have a problem supporting them, but where does it say that there is an OB trial? It's not part of the listing up above.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Karen » July 8th, 2006, 8:04 pm

mnp13 wrote:I don't have a problem supporting them, but where does it say that there is an OB trial? It's not part of the listing up above.

There were 2 trials today and conformation is tomorrow. It is in the listing on the UKC website
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Postby mnp13 » July 8th, 2006, 8:05 pm

unfortunately, it is not listed on THEIR site anywhere that I could find it.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Karen » July 8th, 2006, 8:12 pm

mnp13 wrote:unfortunately, it is not listed on THEIR site anywhere that I could find it.

Front page it says conformation and obedience January and July 2006. The info that was posted on this thread was copied from the UKC events listings and the listings for today were left off.

I don't do the SGKC website but it hasn't been updated in a couple months. The only way to be sure of upcoming events like the ones towards the end of the month that offer obed. and weight pull is to look on the UKC site.
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Postby mnp13 » July 8th, 2006, 8:13 pm

I see...

oh well, I couldn't have gone anyway; and even if I had been able to go, Riggs is miles from competitive OB!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Karen » July 8th, 2006, 8:16 pm

mnp13 wrote:I see...

oh well, I couldn't have gone anyway; and even if I had been able to go, Riggs is miles from competitive OB!

Yeah Dilly is nowhere near ready for prime time either. However she did hold a sit stay shaking like a leaf the whole time while Cuddles was fetching the water toy. You'd have thought it was killing Dilly to leave it and not have a turn. We'll get the obed. title next year I think.
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Postby Cuda » July 9th, 2006, 7:49 pm

I honestly dont think me and Cuda would have a chance in an obedience trial right now. BUTTTT it is good experience. Going in there literally to play. No expectations whatsoever. The amount of stress thats going to reduce for both of us is going to be amazing. Being stress free for it might have us both performing better. And then the next time out when it really is trial time hopefully we'll be good to go.
Cuda
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to North East