Rottweiller bites girl in Petco

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby luvmyangels » January 27th, 2006, 1:38 pm

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longi ... -headlines

Sad story. I wonder if after this lawsuit if Petco will change their policy of allowing dogs in.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby mnp13 » January 27th, 2006, 1:47 pm

Yeah, blame the dog for the handler being an idiot. Blame the dog for a kid petting the dog without the handler's permission (there was nothing in the story about her being told the dog was good with kids). Blame the dog for not watching your kid, who knows the 'little angel' may have poked the dog in the eye by accident or because kids do weird things sometimes. Blame the store because of an irresponsible handler. Blame the owner because a friend did something stupid.

Kill the dog, God knows the whole thing was its fault. Oh, and don't bother to keep it for the 10 day waiting period and give it a respectful death. Dump it at the shelter so the last ten days of its life are filled with fear and confusion.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby luvmyangels » January 27th, 2006, 1:50 pm

I am confused why the dog was with a friend at Petco to begin with and why that person would have allowed a little girl to pet the dog if they really didn't know much about it. Merrick, NY where the dog lived is a far ride to Bayshore where the incident happened. OK I am done going off about things I don't really know. :rant:

But in the end the poor dog who God only knows what happened to him will pay for the stupidty of the person who had him in Petco.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby BullyVW » January 28th, 2006, 10:38 pm

In general, however, he said PETCO expects pet owners to take responsibility for their pets. "It's up to the pet parents to decide whether their pet is docile enough to come into the store."

Great comment!
BullyVW
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby DemoDick » January 29th, 2006, 8:30 pm

I stopped taking my dog in there a long time ago. Too many really dumb people with way too much dog.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby bustersmama » January 30th, 2006, 11:54 am

Who in the heck takes a dog that high risk into PETCO. People are flat out idiots, and the damn dog is the one who will suffer. It is 100% the owners fault, she she be euthanized.

Prayers to that sweet little girl!
bustersmama
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby BullyVW » January 30th, 2006, 2:41 pm

Demo...funny thing is..the dumb people are exactly the reason I take Ralph to PetCo. There are not too many people here who bring dogs with them to the stores anymore...it used to be a lot more. These days, though, I love to answer all the dumb questions I get.....mostly the ones like, "How did you train him not to be visous?"
BullyVW
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Off-Topic