SHAMPOO?

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby LAFORCE1 » July 5th, 2006, 11:08 am

JAKES SKIN IS A LITTLE DRY. I HAVE TRIED DIFFERENT TYPES OF SHAMPOO. WHATS THE BEST ONE THAT YOU HAVE USED. :|
LAFORCE1
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » July 5th, 2006, 11:14 am

I use Dr. Bronner's Peppermint or Lavender

http://drbronner.com/index.html

I also use an Oatmeal shampoo when Munkee has hot spots, it soothes his skin.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby msvette2u » July 5th, 2006, 12:32 pm

I've found that adding a supplement like fish oil can help with the dandruff more than a different shampoo could.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby SpiritFngrz » July 5th, 2006, 2:57 pm

an oatmeal kind. Don't remember the name though
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby mnp13 » July 5th, 2006, 3:58 pm

A raw egg, shell and all, in their food once a week will make a big difference. I second the vote for Dr. Bronner's
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LAFORCE1 » July 5th, 2006, 4:36 pm

THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO.
LAFORCE1
Just Whelped

Postby Patch O' Pits » July 5th, 2006, 4:51 pm

I agree with the egg and the omega fatty acids. What food do you feed?

I use Solid Gold Super Sen Gelle Shampoo
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby katiek0417 » July 5th, 2006, 6:51 pm

Patch O' Pits wrote:I agree with the egg and the omega fatty acids. What food do you feed?

I use Solid Gold Super Sen Gelle Shampoo

Egg, fish oils...really work

Solid Gold super sen gelle is awesome...

I also love one of the oatmeal ones....
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby juniper8204 » July 5th, 2006, 10:42 pm

I use something called PearLyt through the brand DVM. I get it from where I work-an animal hospital, but I don't know who all sells it or if you can get it online if no one in your area sells it. It's soap free (soap is the main reason why a lot of dogs get itchy dry skin after a bath). It's conditioning and it has a "formulation with oatmeal and brightening agents." I bathed my dog in it today, and it made him smell so good and his fur is soooo soft now. The back of the bottle says "PearLyt soothes and moisturizes skin while enhancing lustre and sheen of haircoat." And it's so true. I won't use anything else.
Jen
Mommy to Mindy Lou and Moose

Pits are addicting!!! If I foster any more, my husband will have my head!
juniper8204
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Malli » July 6th, 2006, 2:27 am

I use pyoben, it has benzol peroxide in it and is great for skin infections and prevention. If Os' skin is in infected, I lather him up and soak him in it for 5-10 minutes. If its just a bath, I rinse immediately. It leaves little to no residue and has no apparent scent.

I use resi-chlor leave on conditioner for after, it works great, and its anti-yeast and antibacterial.

I get both at my work (animal hospital)

The aloe and oatmeal shampoo I've used in the past did pretty good too...

Now I need something stronger because of Os' skin

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby concreterose » July 8th, 2006, 1:11 pm

I use Dr. Bronner's lavender or almond. I mix an egg yolk in it because alone I've noticed it really dries out Vicki's fur. For her final rinse, I use 50/50 white vinegar and warm water when she's itchy.

I also ordered a couple of Earth bars for them. I LOVE them, they smell so good, and since they are a bar, you don't waste any. I got the oatmeal and the mango tango. Their wipes are awesome too. (I know, I spend too much money on my dogs).
Earth Bars
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby SpiritFngrz » July 8th, 2006, 2:43 pm

I've been giving Satin salmon oil. It is in pill-form so I poke a hole in it and squeeze the oil into her mouth. She thinks it's a treat
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby HappyPuppy » July 11th, 2006, 8:54 pm

People salmon oil or dog salmon oil? I have/take big capsules - one of those? Weekly/daily?
HappyPuppy
Supremely Bully

Postby concreterose » July 11th, 2006, 10:49 pm

HappyPuppy wrote:People salmon oil or dog salmon oil? I have/take big capsules - one of those? Weekly/daily?

I give people salmon oil...it's cheaper and I like the brand that I buy (I take it too). I just give my greedy crew a pill and they chomp them right down, but some people poke a hole in them an squeeze it on their food.
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby turtle » July 11th, 2006, 10:51 pm

For the last 3 yrs I've been using an oatmeal shampoo from Wal Mart that's $3.79 a bottle. It works great and she smells like vanilla.

I also give her salmon oil and eggs, I buy a 32 oz bottle which lasts a while and she gets it in her food. Her coat is very soft and shiny.
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 12th, 2006, 9:23 am

gf turtle wrote:For the last 3 yrs I've been using an oatmeal shampoo from Wal Mart that's $3.79 a bottle. It works great and she smells like vanilla.

I also give her salmon oil and eggs, I buy a 32 oz bottle which lasts a while and she gets it in her food. Her coat is very soft and shiny.

What brand shampoo is it? I hate the oatmeal shampoo we have 'cause it stinks.
And re: the salmon oil, do you just put a few drops on her food every day?
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby turtle » July 12th, 2006, 5:44 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:
gf turtle wrote:For the last 3 yrs I've been using an oatmeal shampoo from Wal Mart that's $3.79 a bottle. It works great and she smells like vanilla.

What brand shampoo is it? I hate the oatmeal shampoo we have 'cause it stinks.
And re: the salmon oil, do you just put a few drops on her food every day?

The one I have is called "Premium Natural Oatmeal Shampoo" made by 8 in 1 pet products, it is a 20 oz bottle with a collie on it. I bought it at Wal Mart and it lasts a long time. I like it because it washes out of her fur easily, I wash her about every 2 - 3 weeks since she is allowed on the sofa and bed.

For the Salmon oil, I either get the Grizzly Salmon oil from KV Vet or the one from Ted in WA. She gets about a tablespoon in her food every other day. If your dog has a sensitive tummy, maybe start with a teaspoon every other day and work up to the tablespoon.
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Return to Nutrition & Health