new intro

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby HappyPuppy » July 5th, 2006, 10:04 pm

Hi!

It's great to finally join you (I've been reading posts for a week!)!. My husband and I live in Southern California and rescued our new friend Ruby last November. I could have never named a human child with all of the agony it took to come up with "Ruby". She has since been renamed 'Ruby Under Foot' -and other times- 'Ruby Don't Eat That'. She is my first dog ever (lame parents!) but I am a dog person to the core! I think I've slowly been falling in love with the pit bull for years - more so with each one I met. We went looking specifically for pitties and pit mixes and ended up coming home with a mix (she melted us the day we found her). She's about 44 pounds and a little leggy for a true pit and she has a nice pitty head - but shes's all bulldog to me. I now wish I had gone for a pure bred since I love her looks and personality so much! I read a lot before getting her and feel I have some understanding of the breed in addition of the life experience we're getting every day!

I've continued to surf daily and read anthing and everything about pitties - that's how I came across Pit Bull Talk. This is the first forum I have joined and I like the tone better than some others I have visited.

No other pets except my "Coyote" (husband - nicknamed Silver Coyote for his early grey hair and resourcefulness). No human kids are in the plans for us so dog spoilage it will be forevermore! I am already dreaming of another bulldog tho we've only had Ruby for 6 months and are not fully adjusted, I'm sure. I've got the Bully bug and don't see myself ever owning any other personality! I'm attracted to all bullies but am newly in love with the pit bull tho I have no real experience with dogs execept what I think was an americn bulldog my grandpa got me to play with on summer visits. Neat guy. Might look into them someday. I find myself totally ignoring other 'dogs' I meet and only being drawn to pitties when I'm out and about. Is that racism? I'm afraid I'll even wreck the car someday by looking over my shoulder at somebody's dog!?! I hope this infatuation wears off a little bit.

And since you asked, I just learned I thread my belt in the 'man's' direction! And I used to be able to put shortpants on TWO LEGS AT A TIME by jumping into them but that's getting harder every year. Combo pizza for me tho my husband prefers Hawaiian. Ruby LOVES dried wasabi peas and hot sauce on anything in addition to any other thing possibly edible and a sip of beer every now and then. Yum. And empty toilet paper rolls: a messy most gratifying thing to shred after being "tooted" at through the tube.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and to continuing to discuss and learn about this awesome breed. I'm in love. I don't email or surf the web randomly anymore - JUST pit bull sites and info. Geez!

Pix coming when I figure out how to do it. I hate to sound like such a newby!

HappyPuppy
HappyPuppy
Supremely Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 5th, 2006, 10:09 pm

:rock:

Hi, my name is Liz, and I'm a pit bull addict as well. :D Inara is my first dog as well, so I totally understand your newness and addiction to reading EVERYTHING possible. Welcome to the group, and I'm looking forward to seeing pics of Miss Ruby Don't Eat That! :wink:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Marinepits » July 5th, 2006, 10:09 pm

Welcome and enjoy the forum! :D
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby luvmyangels » July 5th, 2006, 10:10 pm

Welcome!! Glad you found us!! This is a great place to be. There are so many people with so much knowledge. You will really enjoy it here. Enjoy!!
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby mnp13 » July 5th, 2006, 10:52 pm

Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Jenn » July 5th, 2006, 11:33 pm

Cute Intro :) Hello and welcome!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Asta » July 6th, 2006, 3:50 am

What a sweet and funny intro! So hello and welcome :wave: I too, am looking forward to pics of Miss Ruby dont eat that haha

Cheers,

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby Patch O' Pits » July 6th, 2006, 8:32 am

Welcome to the forum :clap:
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby SpiritFngrz » July 6th, 2006, 9:58 am

Welcome! Ruby sounds like quite a gal! Looking forward to seeing pics of her. There's a lot of info her. Read away!!
Last edited by SpiritFngrz on July 6th, 2006, 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby muse » July 6th, 2006, 10:35 am

Hi and welcome!! New to the breed here as well and completely addicted. Cant wait to see pics!! :)
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
muse
Confident Young Bully

Return to Introductions