Can u potty train....

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby PittieLove » July 5th, 2006, 5:15 pm

If a dog is told "Good dog" every time it goes potty outside, but never was told "Bad" for going inside(because it never did go inside). Could the dog be house trained that way?

(just a question that came to me)
Bulldog Pride.
PittieLove
Confident Young Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » July 5th, 2006, 5:34 pm

PittieLove wrote:If a dog is told "Good dog" every time it goes potty outside, but never was told "Bad" for going inside(because it never did go inside). Could the dog be house trained that way?

(just a question that came to me)
Yes, because if you are really watching the pup and or crating while inside there may not be any accidents at all to correct. That is exactly how I trained Apache, Patcheeno and the rest of my crew too.

The only accidents are the owners fault for not watching LOL That doesn't make for a bad dog LOL. :|
Last edited by Patch O' Pits on July 5th, 2006, 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby katiek0417 » July 5th, 2006, 6:45 pm

I agree....I didn't do "bad dog" with Nisha at all...with Sacha, I only used it after she was 6 months old and was still pottying in my house (for attention)
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Purple » July 5th, 2006, 10:02 pm

Absolutely!
We got Purple when she was two. We never ever said a word to her is she went inside, she would pee, and then run under a chair or table, we would just ignore her, clean up the mess, and go about our business.
Eventually she got over what ever was bothering her, and she was housetrained, even asking to go out when she had to go!
Purple
I live here

Postby Malli » July 6th, 2006, 2:38 am

a loud clap during the offense should suffice to get them to stop, the scoot them outside and praise when they go.

Unless you can catch them IN the act and you're POSITIVE they understand they're not to go inside, I don't feel a correction is fair.

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Return to Training & Behavior