Free agility class :)

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby Patch O' Pits » May 13th, 2006, 4:20 pm

I posted this in another thread , but figured I'd stick it here for everyone.

Here is the link to my FREE online agility class it is all geared towards the newbie and is set up in lessons you can do at home and at your own pace. Just pick and choose what you want to do. You just have to set up an account to log in to get started. Please excuse any typos. I stink on a PC and type with 2 fingers LOL
http://www.ukcpitbull.com/education/

click on:
Agility 101 ( For: puppies & beginners) to get the log in screen

here is what the class covers:
Topic outline

Welcome to Puppy Agility 101 Feel free to e-mail me or post on the forum if you have any questions! Enjoy the class!approve
Forum FORUM: Intro to Puppy agility training 101
Resource Agility Organizations (INFO)
Resource Agility links to helpful sites
Resource Helpful tips for socializing a new puppy

Here is some info to help you understand the world of agility
Resource Rules and requirements for Puppy Agility 101
Resource The ABCs of Agility Lingo
Resource Top 10 Training Mistakes + How to Fix Them
Resource Sizzlin' Summer Agility Safety Tips

It's time to get that pup to focus
Workshop Clicker Training for the agility pup (an instructional overview)
Resource 3 Body awareness and attention games (activities)
Resource Z-O-O-O-O-O-MIES is there a cure in sight? (TIPS)

Obedience skills for agility
Resource OBEDIENCE for your agility pup
Workshop Teaching a stay
Workshop The PAUSE TABLE and reinforcing obedience Skills (Lessons)

Improve your handling skills
Resource Front crosses (Lesson)
Resource What are Back Crosses and Blind Crosses? (How to use them)

Targets and contacts: /\ /^ /==========\

Resource Target training (Lessons)
Resource Walk the plank (lessons)
Resource The Teeter (lessons)
Resource Up on the Roof Top. The A-Frame

Tunnels and Chutes ()))))))))))))))
Resource TUNNEL TIME (lessons)
Resource Time to shoot for the perfect chute

Jump to it!!! I----I
Resource Jumping Guidelines for this class
Resource Intro to Jumps... Body awareness skills (lessons)
Resource Hula Hooping puppies (Lessons)
Resource The Broad Jump ( lessons)
Resource Ladders/ body awareness ( lesson)

Wiggle to the top IIIIIIIIIIII
Resource Intro to Weave poles (Lessons)

Building and handling sequences - it was difficult to get the online picture symobls to be positioned in the right spots, so adjust the obstacles as needed.
Resource DOUBLE TROUBLE Sequences Part 1
Resource High Five Sequences part II: ( Lessons)
Resource The Final BIG Ten ( Lesson)

Graduation Day: In order for me to add your name to our list of PBU graduates and send out your diploma, please notify me via e-mail when you have successful complete this test.

Resource THE FINAL EXAM for Puppy Agility 101

Let me know what you think and if you find it helpful
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Patch O' Pits » July 5th, 2006, 3:56 pm

DID ANYBODY COME TRY?? :|

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 5th, 2006, 3:59 pm

I don't have any agility pieces! If Inara's flyball classes go well I'll be getting some flyball hurdles. You should do basic obedience classes online too, or tricks, or stuff like that!!!

I say all that as though it's nothing at all for you to sit down, prepare a lesson plan, and get it all online, as well as care for your phenomenally handsome/gorgeous puppers!

Pshaw, slacker! :wink:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Hoyden » July 5th, 2006, 4:18 pm

Hmmm, if the Gremlin was good at Daycare today, I'll have a look at it with her.

That kid is addicted to agility and I have the bruised shins from tripping over her "course" to prove it.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Patch O' Pits » July 5th, 2006, 4:38 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:I don't have any agility pieces! If Inara's flyball classes go well I'll be getting some flyball hurdles. You should do basic obedience classes online too, or tricks, or stuff like that!!!

I say all that as though it's nothing at all for you to sit down, prepare a lesson plan, and get it all online, as well as care for your phenomenally handsome/gorgeous puppers!

Pshaw, slacker! :wink:

LOL I know I'm just getting old and lazy. I haven't competed for years. I need to get my butt back in gear :)

You don't need any equp to start really just stuff you probably have around the house, even a flight of stairs and an ice cream lid becomes a contact trainer... take a peek

Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby luvmyangels » July 5th, 2006, 5:45 pm

Patch O' Pits wrote:LOL I know I'm just getting old and lazy. I haven't competed for years. I need to get my butt back in gear :)

You don't need any equp to start really just stuff you probably have around the house, even a flight of stairs and an ice cream lid becomes a contact trainer... take a peek

I have seen the magazines you have been in and you are far from old and lazy. I don't know how you do it all.

I had gone through your free online agility class and had fun with it. It wasn't hard at all.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Patch O' Pits » July 5th, 2006, 8:48 pm

luvmyangels wrote:
Patch O' Pits wrote:LOL I know I'm just getting old and lazy. I haven't competed for years. I need to get my butt back in gear :)

I have seen the magazines you have been in and you are far from old and lazy. I don't know how you do it all.

I had gone through your free online agility class and had fun with it. It wasn't hard at all.

Thanks...
I'm glad it was OK. It was kind of hard getting everything I wanted in writing, it is much easier to work hands on with the dogs

Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby rockermom » July 5th, 2006, 8:57 pm

I tried a while ago but I never got my email conformation and when I try to register says my email is already taken. If I try to reset password it says I never validated. I would love to try it out.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » July 5th, 2006, 9:24 pm

rockermom wrote:I tried a while ago but I never got my email conformation and when I try to register says my email is already taken. If I try to reset password it says I never validated. I would love to try it out.
it most likely went to your spam foldert and got deleted. I can try to add you maually, but will need your e-mail addy and the first and last name you registered with and the screen name... you can PM it to me if you want. I'm not sure if it will work LOL I've never added anyone that way. But I will try.

Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby rockermom » July 8th, 2006, 10:53 am

I will try an alternate email and register again.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » July 8th, 2006, 3:59 pm

rockermom wrote:I will try an alternate email and register again.

sounds good... don't forget to check your spam folder for the registration info that is why some have trouble registering. It seems it goes to the spam folder if you have that setting on

We are up to 248 people that have viewed and or taken class from all over the world. It is pretty cool looking at where everyone is from

Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Patch O' Pits » November 4th, 2006, 12:41 pm

:bump: :bump: :bump:

Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » January 11th, 2007, 3:35 am

I haven't received my e-mail yet, but I am very interested in checking it out!
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » January 11th, 2007, 7:51 am

On January 11 2007, Fear_the_Sheeple wrote:I haven't received my e-mail yet, but I am very interested in checking it out!
It should have come right away, check your spam folder

Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » January 11th, 2007, 11:23 am

No, not in spam either. :( Should I try again, or will it not let me do it twice?
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » January 11th, 2007, 6:08 pm

On January 11 2007, Fear_the_Sheeple wrote:No, not in spam either. :( Should I try again, or will it not let me do it twice?

That's strange
Pm me your first and last name or whatever frst and last name you put on it LOL and I can check to see if it lists you

or you can try again and see what it says

Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby akaspaddero » January 15th, 2007, 1:21 pm

This is so cool!

Last week, I emailed my other half instructions on making equipment out of PVC (he is a plumber). We talked about it over the weekend. Now we have some training instructions to go with the equipment. We want to get Maddie involved in something to build up her confidence and something her and i can do to build our bond.

Thank you so much.
I just signed up so hopefully I will be getting an email.
If I don't, I will post here.

Thanks again
akaspaddero
Just Whelped

Postby akaspaddero » January 15th, 2007, 1:38 pm

Got the activation email...
Yea,.,,can't wait to spend some time reading it.
akaspaddero
Just Whelped

Postby Patch O' Pits » January 15th, 2007, 8:56 pm

On January 15 2007, akaspaddero wrote:Got the activation email...
Yea,.,,can't wait to spend some time reading it.
GREAT enjoy!!!

Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Return to Training & Behavior