Hello....

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby LAFORCE1 » July 1st, 2006, 12:14 pm

My name is Jeremy, and I have been a pit lover since I can remember.
I have a male named Jake, and he is the BEST dog around. I have two little girls, that he loves very much. He and my oldest daughter have grown together since they were 1, and are now about 5 1/2. I will try to post pics later.
LAFORCE1
Just Whelped

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » July 1st, 2006, 12:44 pm

Welcome to the board! Do you like pizza?
Can't wait to see photos!
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » July 1st, 2006, 2:55 pm

Hi! Is this your first experience with the breed? How did you find us? Tell us more!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby LAFORCE1 » July 1st, 2006, 4:05 pm

NO THIS NOT MY FIRST PITTY. I GREW UP AROUND THEM. IT REALLY SUCKS THAT THEY HAVE SUCH A BAD NAME, DUE TO THE FACT THAT THERE ARE STUPID PEOPLE DOING DUMB THINGS TO THE BREED, LIKE....FIGHTING THEM. I WOULD LIKE TO GET ANOTHER BUT CAN'T. WE ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE THEM IN MY COUNTY. JAKE HAS BEEN IN THE FAMILY SINCE WE LIVED IN CALIFORNIA, AND COULD NOT GET RID IF HIM.
LAFORCE1
Just Whelped

Postby Maryellen » July 1st, 2006, 5:05 pm

Welcome!! if you are not supposed to have them in your county then how did you get him in?
Maryellen
I live here

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 1st, 2006, 8:49 pm

Welcome to the group! :wave: Looking forward to seeing pics of your kids!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Purple » July 1st, 2006, 8:50 pm

Hello and Welcome! :trollDance:
Purple
I live here

Postby Asta » July 2nd, 2006, 4:11 am

Hey and welcome :wave:

Cheers,

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby LAFORCE1 » July 4th, 2006, 12:23 pm

SORRY THAT IT HAS TAKEN SO LONG TO GET BACK TO YOU. I HAVE JUST BEEN A LITTLE SHORT ON TIME. I HAVE BEEN IN THE MILITARY FOR ALMOST 8 YEARS, AND HAVE HAD JAKE FOR ABOUT 5 1/2 YEARS. WE FOUND HIM IN A SHELTER IN 29 PALMS, CA. HE WAS CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF A DEVORCE, AND I THINK SUFFERED FROM SOME ABUSE. OVER TIME HE HAS GROWN OUT OF THAT. THE COUNTY THAT I LIVE IN HAS A RULE THAT IF THE DOG WAS BORN AFTER THE BAN WAS PUT INTO ACTION THEN YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE HIM IN THE COUNTY. JAKE IS A FEW MONTHS SHY OF THAT RULE. I HAVE BEEN STOPED BY COPS BEFORE AND THEY ASK WHAT TYPE OF DOG HE IS, I TELL THEM AND THEY SAY THINGS LIKE....."HE'S A VERY GOOD LOOKING DOG", OR "I HAVE A PIT BULL MYSELF." SOME HAVE WANTED TO BREED HIM BUT I CANT BECAUSE HE IS FIXED. I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT HE IS NOT A PROBLEM, DUE TO THE FACT THAT HE IS SO CLOSE TO THE DATE, AND IS SO WELL BEHAVED.
LAFORCE1
Just Whelped

Postby msvette2u » July 4th, 2006, 1:01 pm

Welcome to the list. I hate to say it but I'm a bit shocked and surprised you'd have considered breeding a dog who came from a shelter.
The pet overpopulation problem in our country is humongous without adding to it by breeding dogs with no pedigree or history.
I'm glad your dog is fixed.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » July 4th, 2006, 1:08 pm

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby LAFORCE1 » July 4th, 2006, 1:57 pm

I SAID THAT I HAVE BEEN ASKED TO BREED HIM.I HAVE NEVER THOUGHT OF BREEDING MY DOG, I KNOW THAT THERE IS ALOT OF DOGS IN SHELTERS. I'M NOT TRYING TO ADD TO THE PROBLEM. I TELL PEOPLE THAT I KNOW W/ ANY DOG THAT THEY SHOULD GET THEM FIXED. PLUS I DONT KNOW HOW IT IS IN YOUR STATE BUT IN CAL, AND MD IF YOU GET A DOG FROM A SHELTER IT HAS TOBE FIXED.

SORRY IF THIS CAME ACROSS A LITTLE STRONG BUT, I'M TRYING TO HELP FIX PROBLEMS NOT MAKE MORE. PLUSE I'M A MARINE AND WE ARE VERY LOUD SPOKEN. THANKS!!! :D
LAFORCE1
Just Whelped

Postby msvette2u » July 4th, 2006, 2:17 pm

Thanks for clarifying that!
We have German Shepherd Dogs and more than once, people have expressed "disappointment" that our dogs were neutered. They were not fixed when we got them but we did the surgery after adopting.
I can never understand people's mentality that just because it's a good (or pretty) dog, it needs to be bred :(
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby DoggyKissesPlease » July 5th, 2006, 11:45 am

I have a German Shepard that I rescued from doggy jail when he was a baby and even my inlaws gripe because he's fixed and can't breed. I'm sorry but even if it wasn't a rule that you havd to get them fixed before you bring them home...I would have. I can't stand to see any babies that were thrown to the wind because people are ignorant about fixing their pets. I'm surely not going to add to the problem. Maggie, my pitty baby is going next week...man! she is ggonna be upset with me! :dogRun:
DoggyKissesPlease
Just Whelped

Postby Patch O' Pits » July 5th, 2006, 12:05 pm

welcome to the forum
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby LAFORCE1 » July 5th, 2006, 5:25 pm

IF YOU WANT TO SEE WHAT JAKE LOOKS LIKE, GO TO THE PIC'S AND MOVIES FOURM. THANKS :clap:
LAFORCE1
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » July 5th, 2006, 5:27 pm

Welcome, Marine! :D
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Return to Introductions