Microchipped!

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby rockermom » July 1st, 2006, 4:18 pm

Yeah got Rocky microchipped for his birthday. Everyone at the vet just loved him. Impressed with how social he is. Commended me on working hard with him. Nice feeling. Curious does anyone who has dog microchipped have their dog wear the tag they give you? I was thinking if dog was stolen that now stealer has chip # and could change info on the homeagain website.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby Maryellen » July 1st, 2006, 5:02 pm

i keep the yellow tags on my keyring, this way no one knows mine are chipped.. people have also if know the dog is chipped do botched surgery to get the chip removed if they steal the dog, so i dont want it known mine are chipped
Maryellen
I live here

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » July 1st, 2006, 8:50 pm

Wow, I never thought about that. None of my dogs are chipped right now, but my parrot is. (Obviously he doesn't wear a tag) I'd like to get the others done someday.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby Purple » July 1st, 2006, 8:53 pm

The only tag mine wear is their id with my name and info on it.
Purple
I live here

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 1st, 2006, 8:54 pm

I want to get Inara micro-chipped, but I don't know which brand to go with. My vet doesn't do it, and I know that all the shelters use different brands. :| So I just don't know!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby bouvierz » July 1st, 2006, 10:26 pm

All of my animals are microchipped (including the horse) and none of them wear the tags. I have them chipped more for theft reasons, but it is the policy of our shelter and most shelter/AC to scan the animals when they come in and before they are redeemed, euthed, or adopted. All my animals (execpt the horse) wear collars with Id tags,
bouvierz
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby rockermom » July 3rd, 2006, 8:20 pm

bouvierz wrote:All of my animals are microchipped (including the horse) and none of them wear the tags. I have them chipped more for theft reasons, but it is the policy of our shelter and most shelter/AC to scan the animals when they come in and before they are redeemed, euthed, or adopted. All my animals (execpt the horse) wear collars with Id tags,

Call around to vets. I think most use Homeagain. My vet only charged $45.00. I am glad I finally had him done.
Maryellen-I was worried about exactly what you mention. Good idea to attatch to key chain this way if they get lost away from home you have id # to report right away.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby Maryellen » July 3rd, 2006, 8:21 pm

$45????? omg you got robbed!!! my vet charged me $25...
Maryellen
I live here

Postby rockermom » July 3rd, 2006, 8:33 pm

Well he does rescue rates for you right? Cause one local vet was going to charge me $80.00 Chip Plus visit. shoot I thought $45.00 was well worth it.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby Maryellen » July 3rd, 2006, 9:16 pm

this was before he gave me rescue rates all mine were chipped in 2001 and 2002..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby ellie@ny » July 3rd, 2006, 9:28 pm

I think you got Punked !!!!!I got Maya chipped last year for 20$,and then have to send in the papers for home again for another 20 bucks I guess. :|
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby rockermom » July 4th, 2006, 11:45 am

oh well I dont care. Got it done. I was told by several vets in the area that the chip costs about $50.00. And some wanted to charge an office visit too. It was for my boy. The shelter did not offer it to me.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby Magnolia618 » July 4th, 2006, 11:51 am

I got Maggie chipped for $14 at the shelter. It was over a year ago and I still havent gotten it registered. :oops: I can't remember if I did Hendrix, either.

I'm a bad mom. :shock:
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.â€
Magnolia618
I live here

Return to Nutrition & Health