Revamping my Tank

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby Maryellen » July 2nd, 2006, 3:21 pm

since my fish died, i am now revamping my 40 gal tank for tropical fish.. so far it has black tahitan moonsand instead of gravel, and i ordered a bunch of cave kits and rock kits, and silk plants.. i got a new 70 gal filter, and some other decorations. this is the before pic, with no fish, once i get the supplies, i will take another picture.. then when i get my fish(which i havent decided on yet) i will post new fishy pics..

Maryellen
I live here

Postby rutylr » July 2nd, 2006, 3:36 pm

Just love fish tanks.
I vote cichlids.
The smaller ones from Lake Malawi.They are smaller and pretty and loves caves.But territoial.
some pictures.
http://www.cichlids.com/gallery/malawi/
rutylr
Just Whelped

Postby Maryellen » July 2nd, 2006, 3:56 pm

i need something EASY to care for.. and has to be brightly colored.. i have to make up my mind eventually, or the tank will just sit with water filtering init... i like the dwarf gourami's , and some rasboras, but havent made up my mind what to get, its very very confusing.....
Maryellen
I live here

Postby rutylr » July 2nd, 2006, 4:03 pm

Gold fish are easy,but messy,and you can get them in all different colors and shapes.
I use to breed fish also and had ALOT of them set up in the house and basement.Clean took all week,but they are so much fun just to look at.
Never did the salt water thing looks like to much work for me.
rutylr
Just Whelped

Postby Maryellen » July 2nd, 2006, 4:14 pm

i had goldfish, they died, i had 2 koi and apleco, they just died recently... i give up on the goldfish/koi species....

i figure after i go thru all the fish sites and find some , then i have to make sure they are compatible, it should take me another week to get it figured out what i want.. then i have to find them.. i also belong to a group on ezboard called flippersnfins, its an awesome site.. its all about fish of every kind and how to keep them etc...
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Vanessa » July 3rd, 2006, 9:21 am

MaryEllen your tank looks awesome. I know what you mean about not being sure what fish to put in... My 32g is still cycling with my plecto in it but i'm still not sure what kind of fish to get. Maybe guppies??? I love the black sand. Really nice set up. I love FlippersnFins too :clap:
R.I.P Ozzy my precious angel. You were loved every minute of every day.
Vanessa
Confident Young Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » July 3rd, 2006, 10:41 am

It looks great!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Maryellen » July 6th, 2006, 10:09 am

well, i readjusted it AGAIN, i removed some decorations, added some silk plants for aquariums, and i just revamped it again last night, these pics are from the other day.. last night i removed the blue flowers from the tank, moved one silk tall plant inbetween the castle andthe rock, and left the other one on the left, and removed a stone and added a piece of driftwood instead, i have to takepics of the newest change..

i am also going to remove the backdrop and get something to make the black sand stand out more, as this backdrop takes away from it...

i figure i should have fish inthe tank MAYBE next week
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Maryellen » July 7th, 2006, 11:30 am

i changed it yet again...

Maryellen
I live here

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members