Ordering Harness

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby Neimo » June 25th, 2006, 9:50 am

Well I'm taking the plunge and ordering Leupold's and Isabell's harnesses. Now I just need to know how to start when I do get them? I have never done pulling before so I need to know how to do it. Thanks!
Neimo
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » June 25th, 2006, 10:12 am

The person you are ordering the harnesses from may be able to point you in the right direction, and I'm sure Rob will have some suggestions as well!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby grizzly » June 25th, 2006, 9:26 pm

Well I'm taking the plunge and ordering Leupold's and Isabell's harnesses. Now I just need to know how to start when I do get them? I have never done pulling before so I need to know how to do it. Thanks

what part of the world do you live in?
i ask because sometimes you can try a harness and get a feel what style/dog works best for you
if i know where you are i might be better able to direct you
i aways recamend HARNESSES BY CAROL i have yet to here any negative feedback from any of here work
there are some to watchout for though
as far as how to start them well... where did you live again?? the best way to learn is to goto a pull enter novice and ask for help.
we have never told anybody we wouldn't teach or help
the experence of going to as many pulls as possible will teach you more than anything and get the dogs used to the other dogs and travel and the weekend in the car/crate
you will find they come to love the hotels and travel and attention
grizzly
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Neimo » June 26th, 2006, 10:30 am

I am in Northern NY State. There isn't much around here.
Neimo
Just Whelped

Postby grizzly » June 26th, 2006, 3:53 pm

i'm outside of glens falls NY
if we can find you a harness , i can help you with the training
how far north are you?
i have friend in lake placid & saranac who may be able to help
grizzly
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby PittieLove » June 27th, 2006, 3:18 pm

does everyone live in NY? Good luck with ur harness findings
Bulldog Pride.
PittieLove
Confident Young Bully

Postby ellie@ny » July 2nd, 2006, 11:19 am

If anybody ordered a harness from Carol,would you let me know how long you had to waiting for???I didn't wan't to ask her,I just wanna know what to except! :) Thanx!
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby ellie@ny » July 2nd, 2006, 1:06 pm

Well, I guess no one have an experience with her....?!
I only have experience with Cindy(I love her job),but sadly she's having a knee replacement,that's why I go to Carol.
Ellie
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby grizzly » July 2nd, 2006, 4:48 pm

how long have you been waiting???
was ther custom lettering???
don't be afraid to call and ask if its been mailed yet
or i could call here for you( she is a friend )
a lot depends on how many orders she has at any given day
don't be afraid to call her.

rob
grizzly
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby ellie@ny » July 2nd, 2006, 9:01 pm

Thanks Rob,don't call I just ordered,and waiting for her to get back to me!!!!I was just wondering how long it will take to get the harness and start work finally with the dogs.Thank you :) So is it a month,or more? :|
Ellie
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby grizzly » July 2nd, 2006, 11:14 pm

it all depends on how many orders she has
grizzly
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Neimo » July 9th, 2006, 7:46 pm

grizzly wrote:i'm outside of glens falls NY
if we can find you a harness , i can help you with the training
how far north are you?
i have friend in lake placid & saranac who may be able to help

Sorry it took so long to write back. I'm in Watertown. I really have no idea where to start as we've only done basic obedience and I've been slacking on that lately because of working so much!
Neimo
Just Whelped

Postby grizzly » July 9th, 2006, 10:31 pm

let me know when you're ready to start
due to sudden career change i know have weekends off and can help teach you to pull with your dog. watertown is only a couple of hours away and i know there is a lot of new interest in weight pulling in your area.
we will have to round everyone up for some weight training.let me know!
grizzly
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Romanwild » July 10th, 2006, 8:17 am

Rob, Neimo is the VP of the NNY Bulldoggers!

If you're willing, a weight pulling class would be awesome. Don't you think Brooke?
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Karen » July 10th, 2006, 9:28 pm

ellie@ny wrote:If anybody ordered a harness from Carol,would you let me know how long you had to waiting for???I didn't wan't to ask her,I just wanna know what to except! :) Thanx!

I just saw this. I called Carol and talked to her husband. I ordered Dilly's harness in March to get it for the first pull the last week of April. Now I'd already bought 2 harnesses off her (Dilly's pink and silver one and Trey's manly red one) and got those shipped out within 2 weeks as they were already made.

I had Dilly's new harness 4 days before the show and that was made from scratch and lettered and ribbon everywhere plus the webbing dyed pink. This time of year is really busy I would think so it will probably take longer but it sure is worth it.

Karen, Cuddles, Dilly the Understudy, and Rowdy the Ruckus Raiser
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Postby grizzly » July 10th, 2006, 10:02 pm

If you're willing, a weight pulling class would be awesome

pick a weekend and a location and i will bring my cart and stuff.let me know - i'm sure sum of you want to warm up for bull-ympics!

karen- has dilly been taking modeling lessons or what -she looks like she is strikeing a pose for the camera!
grizzly
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Sports