New topics and same posts

Have a question/comment/concern about the board in general? Post it here

Postby Asta » July 2nd, 2006, 4:26 am

Dear Mod´s,

I would like to start by saying that the vast majority of the changes recently are just great :D ! Such as the little preview of the replies, moving the switch to next topic to the bottom etc.

BUT, i really wish that when i post replies that it wouldnt count as a new post and lit up the "N"! Guess it just bugs me when there are unread posts AND theyre mine...
Oh and what is this "Cant post a reply with the same contents"? Now what will i do in the introsection :| ?

Cheers,

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby mnp13 » July 2nd, 2006, 10:27 am

I'm glad you like the MOD's. Unfortunately the change that makes the new messages stay "new" when you leave and come back has a side effect of marking your own posts as new. Sorry about that. I usually just click the "view my message" link and then go back to the forum. That takes care of it.

that MOD is to prevent double posts in threads, I guess it isn't taken to account that you might want to post the same post in multipe threads. Maybe use different emoticons/welcome statements?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Asta » July 2nd, 2006, 11:21 am

Ah yeah i do like the MOD´s and the forum :D
Cool with the explanation :) I will try to be more inventive in the intor area haha

Cheers,

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Return to Questions / Problems