In Memory Of Pete

Postby Purple » January 26th, 2006, 9:42 pm

Pete must have wanted me to tell you about him today. I haven't heard our song in a really long time, and today I heard it in the morning before I opened the store, and then again on the way home....
Pete was my first pit bull. I fell in love with him at our local animal shelter. He was about 11 months old.
I never had a dog that knew what I could think....he would know when he was going for a ride, he would know when I was going to return to a room, and not get up, he was my heart and soul.
Pete was diagnosed with stage IV t-cell lymphoma in June of 2004. We gave him the best treatment money could buy, the chemo was so rough on his already failing body, though. We drove to Cornell animal hospital every Monday, they're great up there....we would here a song by Train, 'When I Look To The Sky" everytime, twice, once on the way up, and then once on the way home. That's how our song became our song!
Anyway, 24 days after the diagnosis, I lost my little buddy, the pain today is still with me. I remember like yesterday having a breakdown in Cornell's waiting room.... sitting with him in his kennel at our local vet's office, taking him home that day, only to put him to sleep the next night at the emergency vet clinic. I can still hear him screaming in pain because the vet tech carried him into the room in a fork lift style, not cradling him...me screaming at the tech to put him down...the pain is so still here, in my heart, I still cry everyday....

He was my first video...

http://33mta3.knocktheopposition.net/In ... I_0001.wmv
Purple
I live here

Postby Marinepits » January 26th, 2006, 9:46 pm

:hug3:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Favorite Kitty » January 27th, 2006, 9:31 pm

Oh, Purple! I'm so sorry you hurt. *hugs* big, big *hugs*
Favorite Kitty
The Mouse Whisperer

Postby luvmyangels » January 27th, 2006, 11:30 pm

I am sooo sorry for your loss. That was a beautiful video in commemoration of his life. It was just beautiful.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Purple » January 27th, 2006, 11:33 pm

Thanks, that was hard for me to write last night. I know the video is rough, it was my first and all the pics were scanned, but, damn, that doesn't change the fact that he was my love!
Purple
I live here

Postby Emi » January 27th, 2006, 11:56 pm

I am sorry you lost him ... he was a gorgous dog , but you really haven't lost him , he's in your memories, you have some beautiful pictures of him, he is some where looking down upon you , and still loving you as you are still loving him ... :hug3:
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Judy » January 28th, 2006, 9:44 pm

Purple wrote:Pete must have wanted me to tell you about him today. I haven't heard our song in a really long time, and today I heard it in the morning before I opened the store, and then again on the way home....

:(
I'm so sorry.....hugs to you.
Judy
Loyally Bully

Return to Our Departed Friends