Miss Gracie

Postby Scooch & Beau » June 27th, 2006, 6:47 pm

Unknown – 6.15.06

On the evening of June 15, 2006 Miss Gracie left this earth in route to eternal peace. Gracie began to show some serious issues that were forgivable yet not excusable. At this point, we both knew as her foster parents that Gracie could no longer be deemed adoptable. Like many rescued pit bull terriers, Gracie was dealt a rough hand in life. I just hope that for the 2-½ months or so that Gracie was with us, she was able to experience everything any dog deserves to experience; love and happiness. The sweet, innocent, loving little girl that we had grown to love will forever remain in our hearts. We love you Gracie and show all the others how the flirt pole is really done!

Scooch & Beau
Just Whelped

Postby Violet » June 27th, 2006, 6:58 pm

I am SOOO sorry :( RIP Miss gracie :(
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby Purple » June 27th, 2006, 7:34 pm

I am so sorry, RIP, beautiful Miss Gracie.
Purple
I live here

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 27th, 2006, 7:41 pm

Poor Miss Gracie - RIP. She knew she was loved though.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Maryellen » June 28th, 2006, 9:38 am

RIP Gracie
Maryellen
I live here

Postby bustersmama » June 28th, 2006, 1:18 pm

I am reading this memorial with tears in my eyes. I never met this girl, but have been a silent part of her life for almost half a year now. I still remember the first picture that was sent to me from a small shelter in TN.

Here you were, and you stole my heart from the minute I saw this picture.

Although I was miles away - I felt a connection with you tiny body and sweet face. You spent almost 3 months in the shelter where you gave birth to 8 little souls and sat with them as they were taken from you to the Rainbow Bridge. How scary that must have been and heartbreaking for a mother.

Finally, through MANY hours of coordination, and with lots of help from your gaurdian angels (the people on here who donated are a few) we got you safe into "temporary" foster care. You were safe, no more hard cement floors and dirty kennels. You went to a GREAT foster home - where your foster parent loved you dearly.

Drew and Meghan treated Miss Gracie like she deserved to be treated, like a queen. She had the best food, collars, medical care, excersize regime and of course, she got her toe nails painted! I can clearly remember how I felt when they sent me this picture...

Its hard for me to type this out, as I can barely see through my tears. Some fall as tears of love and sorrow - yet others fall in anger. Anger at those who decided to breed your parents. Angry at the people who bred Gracie. Angry at the people who dumped you off, pregnant in the freezing weather. You didnt deserve any of that and I pray that you can forgive us - for as a society, we certainly failed you.

But there is also a few things to be grateful for, the young man who picked you up and brought you to the safety of the shelter. Donna, the woman who emailed everyone tirelessly to save you from being PTS. To everyone who donated money, or the people who volunteered for your transport. Mostly, there is Drew and Meghan to be thankful for - and I know that Gracie showed you her thanks many a day with her wiggle butt and kisses. Thank you everyone.

I miss you Gracie, I am sorry we couldnt fix you better. I wish with all my heart I could have hugged you good bye. I hope your short time on earth you had with us wasnt so bad.

RIP GRACIE. I miss you.

Sarah, Buster, and Ginger.
bustersmama
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby muse » June 28th, 2006, 1:23 pm

Im sooo sorry, RIP sweet Gracie.
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
muse
Confident Young Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » June 28th, 2006, 5:12 pm

I too fell in love with that face, those eyes. I am so sorry to hear of this. You are all in my thoughts. Run free sweet girl. :cry:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby panda » June 28th, 2006, 5:27 pm

Run free, Miss Gracie, over the rainbow bridge. RIP
Dead Dog Walking Pit Bull Rescue
http://deaddogwalkingpitbullrescue.org/
panda
Loyally Bully

Postby Emi » June 30th, 2006, 12:45 pm

RIP Miss Gracie ..
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby SisMorphine » June 30th, 2006, 1:07 pm

RIP Sweet Gracie :(
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby mistee06 » July 7th, 2006, 12:20 pm

RIP Gracie, i miss you so much even though i never met your sweetie pie face. even though i love you so much, i know that someone had better plans for you. enjoy your new life with all the great dogs in heaven.
mistee06
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby luvmyangels » July 7th, 2006, 12:59 pm

RIP Gracie.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here