The two leggers that serve the dogs...

Postby SisMorphine » February 3rd, 2006, 12:44 am

I love those shots of the two of them. They basically ignored each other the whole weekend except for when Birdie tried to save Wally from the mouse!!

And even then it was Petey who came to Wally's emotional aide. He's the sensitive type. :kissBlush:
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Attila Magyar » June 27th, 2006, 3:51 pm

I am seeing what looks to be SCA. So what is your persona. I am an archer also Horse bow man Magyar. I train martial arts and weapons, swoardsmanship, archery, etc
I hunt at night
Attila Magyar
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Attila Magyar » June 27th, 2006, 4:04 pm

I am so glad I am not Scottish poor Mark. I would hate to wear a skirt that if for sure. kids look cute though ey. However the Scottish pouch and the Magyar's are much alike. We put blades and arrow heads, cat gut etc. for combat and survival. I am a member of the Magyar SCA site.
I hunt at night
Attila Magyar
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Hoyden » June 27th, 2006, 4:24 pm

Attila Magyar wrote:I am seeing what looks to be SCA. So what is your persona. I am an archer also Horse bow man Magyar. I train martial arts and weapons, swoardsmanship, archery, etc

Not SCA yet, mostly historically in-accurate Renaissance Faires. :)

My husband and I are looking into joining the SCA but we're trying to find the persona that we would like to portray.

I am of Scottish/Irish/English descent which I've established through extensive geneological research.

My husband is of German, Polish, Norweigan and American Indian descent. His maternal great grandparents came off the boat from Norway and Poland. His paternal great great grand parents came from Germany. Through his father's line he is descended from the founders of Rhode Island. The Babcock family.

So we are trying to merge them. I say we work between the years of 790 when the Vikings invaded Ireland and 840 when the Vikings established Dublin. But he would make a funny looking Viking at 5'8" and 210lb. tall.

He is very partial to the German Landsknecht, 16th century mercenaries especially Das TeufelsAlpdrücken Fähnlein. So that we will look into.

I am fortunate that I am one of those Jane of all Trades, Mistress of Most that the SCA loves. I can create historically accurate garb, even without a pattern and I also do leatherworking, so I can make armor. I was asked to be one of the illuminators because I have a good hand at calligraphy and I can draw as well.

Mark is without doubt a beserker. Put him in the front lines and watch people fall. He wants to do heavy list fighting.

Both my oldest daughter and husband shoot with 72" English long bows. I have a nice quiver in the works for him now. She has no idea what she wants because she would never have fit into traditional female rolls.

Although I must say, we have quite the collection of medieval weapons going on at our house. Even my littlest one has a wooden arsonal and has a weapons rack in her room for them. :D
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Attila Magyar » June 27th, 2006, 6:12 pm

I have hundreds of old weapons and new. my collection is about 400 items from 5000bc to now. Some of the Nomadic women used bows. Not the English bow though. One like mine. Check out the magyar bows.
I hunt at night
Attila Magyar
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Hoyden » June 27th, 2006, 8:51 pm

http://www.wolfgaardarmoury.com/index2.html

Second Bow down is the Magyar Horn hunter.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Attila Magyar » June 27th, 2006, 8:56 pm

Perfect bow. they are designed for the horse bowman or bow woman.

I love my bows. I have them up to 95 lb pull. I hunt large game with them. I have a 40 pound one for popping the hay with.
I hunt at night
Attila Magyar
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Hoyden » June 27th, 2006, 9:19 pm

Attila Magyar wrote:Perfect bow. they are designed for the horse bowman or bow woman.

I love my bows. I have them up to 95 lb pull. I hunt large game with them. I have a 40 pound one for popping the hay with.

Autumn shoots with a 36# bow now. I'll have to check them out in detail when we go to the New York Renaissance Faire.

Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Attila Magyar » June 28th, 2006, 12:23 am

I have made may of my bow's and most of my arrows, fletching, tips and the sort. I am into primative hunting. Make staves, and various other wooden weapons. I work with swords also. I am not a member of SCA just a site. I mostly use it for the history and to keep them on the Magyar track. Sometimes they drift and try to mix and match Magyar history and garb. I am a Magyar so no tom foolery. lol. Your kids are cute little bugs. I for the life of me can't figure out how you got your poor husband to wear a skirt :shock: . I feel so bad for him. Shame on you :twisted: LOL
Tell him I am soo on his side if he rebels against wearing skirts. I have every thing made but my coat and hat. Been on the bow from the time I was about 3 or 4 years old. I love it. I love rifles too actually truth be known if it is for hunting or war I am on it.

God Be with you all,

Wilhiem
I hunt at night
Attila Magyar
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Hoyden » June 28th, 2006, 1:07 am

Attila Magyar wrote:I have made may of my bow's and most of my arrows, fletching, tips and the sort. I am into primative hunting. Make staves, and various other wooden weapons. I work with swords also. I am not a member of SCA just a site. I mostly use it for the history and to keep them on the Magyar track. Sometimes they drift and try to mix and match Magyar history and garb. I am a Magyar so no tom foolery. lol. Your kids are cute little bugs. I for the life of me can't figure out how you got your poor husband to wear a skirt :shock: . I feel so bad for him. Shame on you :twisted: LOLTell him I am soo on his side if he rebels against wearing skirts. I have every thing made but my coat and hat. Been on the bow from the time I was about 3 or 4 years old. I love it. I love rifles too actually truth be known if it is for hunting or war I am on it.

God Be with you all,

Wilhiem

No training wheels here, we shoot primative. I'll have to ask you about making arrows. I'm spending a fortune on them when I have access to more wood that I would ever know what to do with. My husband works for a tree company and they save me certain kids of wood for projects.

It was the Celtic Festival, so ALL of the guys were wearing kilts, and I got to be one of the judges! Mark thought wearing a kilt would allow the boys to be cooler - so he went regimental.

The funniest part had to be when he and another guy went to Walmart to get some camping axes because some dork forgot the throwing axes. (By the way, we have a target for throwing axes and knives in the back yard too.)

I'll have to upload the pictures for you to see - they are HYSTERICAL!! And his biggest complaint is that I should have made the kilt a bit longer. I bought a wonderful tartan for a new kilt :beerChug:

And I got the material to make him a gambeson and braies.

I'll post the full celtic album for your amusement.

Hoyden
Collar Queen

Previous

Return to Two Legged Family Members