DOG WANTEDIN N/E PA

Postby Purple » June 23rd, 2006, 10:44 pm

One of my bestest friends and coworker is looking for a dog. She just lost her dog about a month ago, to old age.
Her are her requirements:

Must be housebroken.
Good with kids, her son is 9.
Must be female.
Medium sized.
Purple
I live here

Postby Purple » June 24th, 2006, 9:56 am

No one has a dog for me? Ah, off to the shelter, then!! LOL!
Purple
I live here

Postby rockermom » June 24th, 2006, 10:01 am

Ahh the shelter is the best place to start anyway. Where in PA and how far would ya travel to the shelter?
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby Maryellen » June 24th, 2006, 10:05 am

PURPLE- i have jeda for adoption here in rescue. female, medium sized, high energy though.. good with people, some dogs, but NO cats.....
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Maryellen » June 24th, 2006, 10:06 am

Maryellen
I live here

Postby Purple » June 24th, 2006, 10:24 am

ME is she with you?
Purple
I live here

Postby Maryellen » June 24th, 2006, 10:44 am

no she is at the shelter near me, i evaluated her 2 years ago, and she passed with flying colors.. she has spent her life in the shelter so far, and is doing good in the shelter, but she really needs to get out of there.. the family would have to fillout an app on the shelter site and then go meet her..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 24th, 2006, 10:55 am

You may also want to post this in another section - I, probably like lots of people, often avoid this section because I feel helpless that I can't help. Maybe try in the off-topic section?
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby rockermom » June 24th, 2006, 11:01 am

Yeah I usually dont look at these for same reason cause I cant help but the wanted caught my eye. I can only help by letting you know of shelters I had visited that have tons of dogs to choose of. One is very nice with many dogs. Another is kind of depressing and they have over 500 dogs many living there for years and will probably life since they are a no kill shelter. Does breed matter? or just medium dog? THe shelters I am speeking of have many dogs listed as Staffy and pit bull.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby Purple » June 24th, 2006, 11:29 am

Breed does not matter! We have two local shelters I am going to hit on Monday.
Purple
I live here

Postby rockermom » June 24th, 2006, 12:40 pm

Good luck let us know if she finds a match.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby savagem » June 24th, 2006, 8:00 pm

I have Susie available still. She is awesome with everyone and not too high energy. Has a start on housebreaking but I wouldn't guarantee housebroken. I've been too busy to really work with her. Only 50 pounds. High prey drive--NO cats! I think she'd be awesome with a 9 year old. Be willing to drive partway for the right home. Vet thinks she is about 1 1/2 years old. She is spayed and has all her shots. Adoption fee $250.00. Here's her pic. [img][img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j136/savagem13/IM002079.jpg[/img]

Private Message me if interested, as I don't check in often.[/img]
savagem
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby babyreba » June 25th, 2006, 2:42 pm

if they like their dogs laid back, we have on in bmore who would probably fit the bill.

her name is erin (named afer me by the rescue who took her because i brought her to their attention!) and she's about 4 or 5 years old. she's a portly gal and could stand to lose a little weight, but she's pretty small--about knee-high, about the size of your average stafford . . . she's lovely, loves allllllll people, wiggles and begs for attention, and she tolerates dogs just fine. she very much prefers the company of humans to dogs, but she will sit quietly and calmly when other dogs are around and greets them nicely if they are polite to her. she's living at a boarding and doggie day care facilty right now and she's doing great.

she's a gem. a really great dog.

her petfinder page is here, and she's definitely worth considering. even though the pictures suck--she's much cuter in person!

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=5821193
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby Purple » June 26th, 2006, 8:44 pm

Looks like she picked Angel, the third one down...

http://www.pbrc.net/dogpages/east/sunrays19477.html
Purple
I live here

Postby rockermom » June 26th, 2006, 9:24 pm

yEAH! Saved a pup today. Her name is perfect hope she is keeping it. White with blue eyes like an ANgel.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby Purple » June 26th, 2006, 9:25 pm

Fingers and paws crossed!
Purple
I live here

Postby Purple » June 26th, 2006, 9:30 pm

ARGH! Angel has been adopted already!
Purple
I live here

Postby rockermom » June 26th, 2006, 9:38 pm

aHHH cRAP! Dont worry she will find the right dog. Many of the dogs I thought I wanted were already adopted or Rescue did not answer reply. Or the dog was just not what the picture showed. I was looking for a med large dog of any short hair breed. Rocky was found by chance. Decided to go a little out of the way to a bigger shelter and there he was. Forget petfinder gotta get out and look. I spent weeks on petfinder. With hundreds of print outs. Most of the dogs had been adopted.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby Purple » June 26th, 2006, 9:42 pm

I think I will run out to the two shelter this week, to look for her.
Purple
I live here

Postby Maryellen » June 27th, 2006, 9:12 am

jeda has been in the shelter for 2 years.. please pass her info around too..
Maryellen
I live here

Next

Return to Rescue