Sabrina

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Tha Pete! » June 21st, 2006, 4:36 pm

Purple wrote:Hello and Welcome!

I, too, lost a Pete. He was my heart and soul. Never have I ever been so connected to a dog, like I was to Pete. He literally could read my mind.
Here is my tribute to my buddy.
http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=a ... 22f.509495

Hey Purple! I saw your movie last night and it made me cry! :cry: I also commented on that movie, as well as a couple others. I also loved Bullie Elliot and commented on that one. :elephant:

It was a surprise when I went to look at your movies and there I see "A Tribute to Pete", I started to choke up just from the title and I knew I had to see it.
What you said about him reading your mind, is almost exactly word for word what I have always said about my Pete. I could just look at him or he would look at me and we knew what the other wanted or was thinking. Sounds like BS to some, but I promise it's fact. Maybe after 14 plus years that is what happens. I would say by the time he was 6 we started to communicate like that and it only got better. I wish these dogs lived longer, it seems that when they really become a part of you and the perfect companion, we lose them. 20 - 30 years at least is all I am asking, but we have to make do with 14-16. :cry2:
Tha Pete!
Just Whelped

Postby Tha Pete! » June 21st, 2006, 4:44 pm

Karen wrote:All I have to say is Thank God for free long distance! lol
is 4 hours a long time on the phone? :|
I'll be looking for Pete pics today, don't know if I have them but I think I do

Can't believe it went that long?! Geez, I could have talked more. Of course when you are trying to play catch up on 5 yrs. 4 hrs. isn't that long. Of course an hour per year we are still behind! lol
I just got off the phone with my prior appt. and guess what she had to cancel anyway and never called to tell me so I don't have to go anywhere today! :|

I really hope you find some pics, Karen, :clap: I am sure you might have some I have since lost. Remember that one of Pete at the dog show stacked. I lost that! I know Rikki has it. Wonder if I email her would she send me them? :?: I also lost the ones of Halloween when I painted his eye to look like Pete from Our Gang and he waved at the camera. History! :x
It was so good to hear from you and talk dogs!
Tha Pete!
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » June 21st, 2006, 4:45 pm

I don't think you are full of crap at all. I have the same relationship with my Munkee, he is my heart dog, my soul mate, my best friend & would rather hang out with him than 99% of the people I know.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Tha Pete! » June 21st, 2006, 4:49 pm

Fear_the_Sheeple wrote:HI! Where do you live near SF? I grew up in Novato. :)

Welcome! :wave:

Thanks for the welcome :)
I live in Benicia near Vallejo. Where are you now? You still near Novato?
Tha Pete!
Just Whelped

Postby Tha Pete! » June 21st, 2006, 4:54 pm

Wow, there's a bunch of you guys! I can't get to all the posts individually, but I wanted to thank everyone for their warm welcomes. :D You might be a rough gang to join, but your all nice once "in". :wink:
As someone said earlier, I do think I will fit in here, seem like my kinda peeps. :)

Spanks to all!
Tha Pete!
Just Whelped

Postby Tha Pete! » June 21st, 2006, 5:11 pm

when I went to look at your movies and there I see "A Tribute to Pete",

My Bad!! "In Memory Of Pete".
It's a wonder I'm not on the floor turning blue from memory loss, thank God breathing is automatic! :drool:
Tha Pete!
Just Whelped

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » June 21st, 2006, 6:18 pm

Tha Pete! wrote:
Fear_the_Sheeple wrote:HI! Where do you live near SF? I grew up in Novato. :)

Welcome! :wave:

Thanks for the welcome :)
I live in Benicia near Vallejo. Where are you now? You still near Novato?

I live in Colorado now, but the rest of the fam is still in California. :)
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » June 21st, 2006, 7:27 pm

So sorry for your loss!

Welcome to the forum
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Purple » June 22nd, 2006, 8:55 pm

Thank you for the kind comments you left for my videos.
Purple
I live here

Postby Tha Pete! » June 23rd, 2006, 1:19 am

Purple wrote:Thank you for the kind comments you left for my videos.

You very welcome :) I really loved them :clap:
I will have to see the rest when I have a minute. Just got back from Vacaville and that ride along with the animal control. It was a great day!!
Tha Pete!
Just Whelped

Postby rockermom » June 23rd, 2006, 6:50 am

Welcome, Sorry about your loss. I too always had a facsination with petey and the Rascals. We now have our first family dog almost a year old now. Although we did not name him petey it is one of his many nicknames and people on the street like to call him petey. Anyway his name is Rocky. Found him in the shelter. I look forward to seeing your pictures when you get them together.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby Tha Pete! » June 23rd, 2006, 1:04 pm

rockermom wrote:Welcome, Sorry about your loss. I too always had a facsination with petey and the Rascals. We now have our first family dog almost a year old now. Although we did not name him petey it is one of his many nicknames and people on the street like to call him petey. Anyway his name is Rocky. Found him in the shelter. I look forward to seeing your pictures when you get them together.

Thanks for the welcome! The Our Gang movies are great! I'm glad to have a fellow fan here. :clap:
I can't wait to get these pics up. :)
By the way, I love that you got your boy from a shelter... I bet he does too lol
Tha Pete!
Just Whelped

Postby SpiritFngrz » June 23rd, 2006, 1:11 pm

:hello5:
So sorry about Pete :cry:
Welcome to the forum.
I love the San Fran area! Was just there in April for a meeting. Rained the whole damn time!
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby Hoyden » June 23rd, 2006, 1:16 pm

Welcome to the board!

I am another with a dog named Pete. Like your Pete, my Petey is a dog like no other. He's helped me through some pretty tough stuff and has even helped me train the pitbull we got a year ago to be a service dog. He is my handsome man and I love him to death.

He is the furry CEO of the collar business that I have started, Pete's Dog Gear. His mug will be all over my web page when it goes up and on the tags that I am ordering for the collars.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Tha Pete! » June 23rd, 2006, 1:41 pm

SpiritFngrz wrote::hello5:
So sorry about Pete :cry:
Welcome to the forum.
I love the San Fran area! Was just there in April for a meeting. Rained the whole damn time!

Yeah, it rained here in N. Cali for like, 4 months straight! You picked the wrong year for this state. lol
Freak weather!! Of course, normal in S.F. would have been fog and maybe some rain. Not the flood that was making some consider building a boat!
Oh, thanks for the welcome lol
Tha Pete!
Just Whelped

Postby Tha Pete! » June 23rd, 2006, 1:46 pm

Hoyden wrote:Welcome to the board!

I am another with a dog named Pete. Like your Pete, my Petey is a dog like no other. He's helped me through some pretty tough stuff and has even helped me train the pitbull we got a year ago to be a service dog. He is my handsome man and I love him to death.

He is the furry CEO of the collar business that I have started, Pete's Dog Gear. His mug will be all over my web page when it goes up and on the tags that I am ordering for the collars.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sounds like your Pete and my Pete are cut from the same cloth. I know exactly how you feel about him. I still have all that love for my boy a year later after his death. It cannot seem to get over him. It's like losing a child in a way.
I really hope your business takes off. I used to have a web site advertising my art work and I used my dogs name. It was Pete's Pup Portraits and there was a cute art clip of the Our Gang Pete holding a paint brush. :)
Tha Pete!
Just Whelped

Postby SpiritFngrz » June 23rd, 2006, 2:56 pm

Pitbulls named Pete are just rockin' dogs!!! :rock:
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby Tha Pete! » June 23rd, 2006, 3:29 pm

SpiritFngrz wrote:Pitbulls named Pete are just rockin' dogs!!! :rock:

They are waaay rockin' dogs! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Had to put multiples since there is more than *one* Pete.

:rock: <------ This is by far, my favorite icon lol
Oh yeah and this one ---> 8)
Tha Pete!
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 23rd, 2006, 4:15 pm

I knew I was gonna like you! :rock: is my favorite icon too! :wink:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Tha Pete! » June 23rd, 2006, 4:49 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:I knew I was gonna like you! :rock: is my favorite icon too! :wink:

LOL I know!! I love it! I was trying to figure out how I could put it permanently in my signature? I wish I could wear a T shirt that had one, of course it needs the movement for the final effect! lol
Rock on sista! :rock: rock on! :wink:

(psst... like the winky too, but not as cool)
Tha Pete!
Just Whelped

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions